why do u guys write liddell of so fast against fedor?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » why do u guys write liddell of so fast against fedor?
Huckit
3/9/07 3:38:34AM
liddell is taller and larger frame. hes combonations are like carpet bombs scattering out and coming down from all angles landed right on target. he should be able to keep it standing like cc vs fedor...

in a cage i really think liddell has a better chance than crocop because of his punch power etc.... fedor has been rocked a few times but guys with less punch power
migo
3/9/07 4:00:22AM
Mirko easily has as much punch power as Chuck, in his early K-1 fights he was winning more with boxing than his LHK.
hippysmacker
3/9/07 6:14:34AM
As with all dream matchups and questions this goes to the MMA lounge.
MethodMan
3/9/07 8:12:26AM
I feel like using lots of swear words so this thread will go into the padded room. WTF Liddell is big for a light heavyweight but small compared to fedor, fedor would only need to hit chuck once to put him down and he would use his judo and ground skills to throw chuck around like a rag doll. Sure he would not be able to hold Liddell down but after geting slammed a couple of times and eating some of Fedors punches Liddell would be running scared plus Fedors cardio is better he would just hunt Liddell down for the whole fight, Chuck might last the distance if it was a three round fight and Fedor would win it on decision, If it was a pride match or a five round bout Fedor would win by TKO with the ref stopping it.
Broknmunky
3/9/07 11:27:51AM

Posted by MethodMan

I feel like using lots of swear words so this thread will go into the padded room. WTF Liddell is big for a light heavyweight but small compared to fedor, fedor would only need to hit chuck once to put him down and he would use his judo and ground skills to throw chuck around like a rag doll. Sure he would not be able to hold Liddell down but after geting slammed a couple of times and eating some of Fedors punches Liddell would be running scared plus Fedors cardio is better he would just hunt Liddell down for the whole fight, Chuck might last the distance if it was a three round fight and Fedor would win it on decision, If it was a pride match or a five round bout Fedor would win by TKO with the ref stopping it.

I agree! Fedor is too much for Liddell. I think Liddell has a better chance if it was CC than he would against Fedor IMO!
JimiMak
3/9/07 4:58:04PM
While we all know MMAth doesn't work... Fedor has easily handled fighters with similar skill sets and powere to Liddel. Chuck has never faced a fighter, not only so well rounded, but who is so good with the sambo (esp. fighting in and takedowns and throws from the clinch). Fedor wouldn't be trying to takedown, or even box, in a way that Chuck has ever had to deal with. Chuck knows boxing and (fighting against) wrestlers and BJJ guys, those are not the ways Fedor brings it. We've never been shown anything from Chuck that says he would be ready.
dstlvb
3/10/07 10:03:29PM
Chuck has never faced a guy who can transition the way that Fedor can. Even in his fight with Tito, Randy said that if Tito could transition from strikes to takedowns better Liddel would have a much tougher time. In my humble opinion Fedor is the best at transitioning from strikes to takedowns to GnP and submissions.
loller90278
3/10/07 11:35:40PM
fedor would do same that he did to mark hunt..
take him to the ground and sub him

or just toy with him and KHTFO!
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/07 3:25:20AM
fedor may be able to transition well but the he wont get the take down...chuck is a counter puncher, as soon as fedor throws somethin at chuck hes catching a fist to the chin. as soon as the punch lands liddell will step out of the way and circle around fedor so he will never get the takedown!!!!
warglory
3/11/07 3:43:04AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

fedor may be able to transition well but the he wont get the take down...chuck is a counter puncher, as soon as fedor throws somethin at chuck hes catching a fist to the chin. as soon as the punch lands liddell will step out of the way and circle around fedor so he will never get the takedown!!!!

You make it sound so easy...

Fedor is the #1 heavyweight in the world, Liddell would have to up his entire gameplan to even stand a minor chance against Fedor.
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/07 3:56:50AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Fedor is the #1 heavyweight in the world, Liddell would have to up his entire gameplan to even stand a minor chance against Fedor.

and Liddell is the #1 LHW...there is a reason for that....because he is a great fighter....the only thing different is the weight. if liddell stays on his feet i think he would get the knockout. if he does go down he definitely knows how to scramble and get back up.
Buddharox
3/11/07 8:23:20AM
Fedor is the undisputed #1. Liddell is #2 in a lot of people's books. When you match up Shogun and Liddell's fights over the last 3 years, Shogun does have the edge in opponents he's beat.

Not to take anything away from Chuck, but c'mon, it's Fedor. People would write any fighter off against him.
dstlvb
3/11/07 11:10:25AM
I guess Fedor really doesnt stand a chance really. I mean Tito was able to stand with Chuck for an extended time, but obviously Fedor isnt better than Tito. And of course Chuck will always be pin piont accurate on the shot that will put Fedor to sleep. Chuck hits harder than anyone else Fedor has ever fought. Fedor has been rocked by some of the biggest in the world, but Chuck is so far over that its unbelivable. I guess Chuck will also have no problem getting around Fedors freakish ape like reach in his arms to. Will Chuck even break a sweat in this fight. He did against Tito, but come on thats Tito everyone looks bad against Tito.
MethodMan
3/16/07 7:19:46AM
Yep Tito, Liddell, Babalu, Sanchez even Diaz would knock Fedor out, UFC forever ...... uhh ......bluh...... Sorry just choking on my own vomit, get real people White probably spends his nights dribbling on his pillow having wet dreams about how good a fighter Fedor is and how much he could do for the heavyweight devision in UFC, the devision is getting stronger dont get me wrong but how by taking a number of the pride heavyweights on its books.
mmadb
3/16/07 9:04:23AM
OMG!!! Another Liddell vs. Fedor thread, this hasn't been beaten to death or anything.
madmarck
3/16/07 9:21:57AM

Posted by mmadb

OMG!!! Another Liddell vs. Fedor thread, this hasn't been beaten to death or anything.

Fedor vs anyone. has been beaten to death.

Give ti up guys. We won't see Chuck/Fedor anytime soon. There is a far better chance of seeing Chuck/Cro Cop.

The only top tier fighter than Fedor will face anytime soon is Josh Barnett (maybe). Sure Fedor is fighting Matt Lindland but thats not gonna be a competitive match up.
Bumpy
8/28/08 7:45:11PM
Liddell has more that just his stand up, alot of people dont realize he was a Division I wrestler and trained in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, along with Kempo karate and Koei-Kan karate and of course his kickboxing. So there is more to his game then just stand up, he just happens to be good at knocking people out and not havin to fight on the ground alot. So I would say he has a better chance against fedor than what people what to give him.
DJDark41
8/28/08 8:35:35PM
Did you just bump a thread thats over a year old...?

Whatever, Fedor wins. He's fought good strikers, good wrestlers, and good JJ guys. But, never, in his history, has he fought anyone who put everything together and at such a high quality.
mkiv9secsupra
8/28/08 9:09:30PM
Yeah Chuck is my favorite fighter but Fedor is Fedor. The only hole ive seen in his game is getting cut a little easy and thats it. If guys like Arona and Nogueira cant submit him and guys like Hunt and Mirko cant KO him then he has proven himself enough to me.

So now to the real topic.......New guys STOP REVIVING YEAR OLD THREADS....the end
mrsmiley
8/29/08 7:22:27AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

and Liddell is the #1 LHW...there is a reason for that....because he is a great fighter....the only thing different is the weight. if liddell stays on his feet i think he would get the knockout. if he does go down he definitely knows how to scramble and get back up.

I agree Liddell is a great fighter,but I can't agree he is still the number one LHW in the world.
mkiv9secsupra
8/29/08 11:57:09AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I agree Liddell is a great fighter,but I can't agree he is still the number one LHW in the world.

yeah hes not champ anymore(this was posted over a year ago) My oppinion has changed since then to Fedor can beat anyone at any weight(including BJ,GSP,and Silva)
DJDark41
8/29/08 1:45:59PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

yeah hes not champ anymore(this was posted over a year ago) My oppinion has changed since then to Fedor can beat anyone at any weight(including BJ,GSP,and Silva)

But, in a measure of pure talent, I don't think you could pick a definitive #1 in terms of pure talent between Fedor, GSP, BJ and A. Silva. However, due to the tremendous size/weight/strength difference(heavyweight vs middle/welterweight)Fedor would probably take those 3 fights easy.
npayant
8/29/08 2:12:36PM

Posted by Huckit

liddell is taller and larger frame. hes combonations are like carpet bombs scattering out and coming down from all angles landed right on target. he should be able to keep it standing like cc vs fedor...

in a cage i really think liddell has a better chance than crocop because of his punch power etc.... fedor has been rocked a few times but guys with less punch power

That's all I can really say about this.
mrsmiley
8/31/08 4:41:32PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

LOL.I didn't even realize!