Can you guys all bet on Rashad?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Can you guys all bet on Rashad?
Next Page »
minnesotafats
6/24/07 6:08:58PM
I want to make some money back when Tito wins.
nellyhiphophead
6/24/07 6:17:15PM
how can they both be -. rashad should be at +110 or better
blowe1983
6/24/07 6:33:46PM
evans will dominate
Scott_Revels
6/24/07 6:35:03PM
I think Evans/Ortiz, and Fickett/Lytle are too close to call right now..
godofdixie
6/24/07 6:44:52PM
i'm not gonna bet on rashad, he will win though
blowe1983
6/24/07 6:58:28PM
lytle will dominate also. he doesnt get enough credit. he couldve beaten hughes. hell if the ref wont stand me up i can lay on somebody in the last round and win a fight, especially if im getting set up for a future title fight
cincyassasin
6/24/07 7:42:47PM
Ortiz is much stronger than Rashad though Evans holds better stand up skills he will try to fight Tito at his game and Tito will make him pay.
LightsOut33093
6/24/07 7:50:48PM
right on
CornishMMA
6/24/07 9:50:52PM
Rashad got taken down twice by Salmon = Tito will take him down and elbow him like he did Forrest only Rashad wont survive it - Tito TKO RD1 gonna wager a fair bit on him as well so hope for even better odds with people picking Rashad
Hicksville
6/24/07 9:51:52PM
Rashad lost the first round to a rookie in Sean Salmon. His stand-up looked sloppy (though, he does hit hard) and he got taken down at will. Even though I'm not a fan of his, I think Ortiz will dominate Rashad, ending it in round one or two by TKO.
CornishMMA
6/24/07 9:53:44PM
copycat
Piccosaur
6/24/07 10:19:15PM
Experience is the only thing making me lean towards Tito.
grappler0000
6/24/07 11:00:15PM

Posted by cincyassasin

Ortiz is much stronger than Rashad though Evans holds better stand up skills he will try to fight Tito at his game and Tito will make him pay.

I see Tito having a hard time taking Rashad down...Forrest stuffed Tito's takedown attemps for the majority of their match, and Rashad is a much better wrestler than Forrest is. Rashad has the better hands. Rashad by UD.
cincyassasin
6/25/07 12:53:39AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by cincyassasin

I see Tito having a hard time taking Rashad down...Forrest stuffed Tito's takedown attemps for the majority of their match, and Rashad is a much better wrestler than Forrest is. Rashad has the better hands. Rashad by UD.

1.Forrest has a much longer frame giving his sprawl more extension making it more effective, but lets not forget Tito dominated the first round after a successfull takedown and also won the fight with a takedown late in the third.
2.Rashad looked like he is a great wrestler when he was much faster than his heavyweight opponents on TUF but since dropping where he needs to be has been somewhat lacking.
3.Rashad is facing his toughest mental bout to date.....many could argue this will be his first true taste of UFC talent. Alot of pressure has been placed on his shoulders before but never with the opposition of a former UFC champ standing across the ring, not to mention he's still undefeated and due for his loss.
Kisame
6/25/07 1:15:08AM
Rashad will win this hands down. By slampage.
CornishMMA
6/25/07 9:07:10AM
LOL i love that so many people over-rate Rashad so we get better odds and win big when Tito wins, if you take any time to analize the styles and recent performances then you have to pick Tito

Saying Forrest stopped some of Titos takedown (when he failed stopping 2) so Rashad wil be able as well is really dumb considering Rashad getting taken down twice by Salmon - Tito is better than Salman and will take Rashad down as well, fact
blkssncpt
6/25/07 12:44:50PM
i pick rashad all the way plus evans is a far more decorated wrestler then tito. evans was all american in collage and tito only wrestled in jr collage and didnt far in that. tito has more experience but i give to evans....
blowe1983
6/25/07 3:12:08PM
look saloman or whatever was a worldclass wrestler and rashad is a wrestler i would expect him to be able to take down rashad since thats all he really knows. two who cares if rashad gets taken down. couture took down liddell and looked what happened to him. the same can happen to tito. tito can take him down but that doesnt mean hes going to win. rashad has a wrestling background too. you can say saloman took rashad down all you want and look what the outcome of that was
chuckw94
6/25/07 5:51:22PM
tito has to much experience and i'm not sure rashad's a top fighter like everyone thinks he is.
nubby
6/26/07 5:17:09PM

Posted by blowe1983

look saloman or whatever was a worldclass wrestler and rashad is a wrestler i would expect him to be able to take down rashad since thats all he really knows. two who cares if rashad gets taken down. couture took down liddell and looked what happened to him. the same can happen to tito. tito can take him down but that doesnt mean hes going to win. rashad has a wrestling background too. you can say saloman took rashad down all you want and look what the outcome of that was

Actually Salmon is not a world class wrestler... he was a highschool champion, and only spent 2 years in college wrestling compared to Rashad's 4 years. The reality is that Rashad's wrestling is way overrated. Tito's is underrated. Rashad is definitely no Couture or Liddell and has fought no one near their caliber. Be prepared to watch your money go down the drain.
peppermintfatty
6/28/07 7:32:55PM

Posted by minnesotafats

I want to make some money back when Tito wins.

If we could still wager each other I would put some money on this. WHoever won, the money would stay in THE EMPIRE~!
peppermintfatty
6/28/07 7:41:12PM

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL i love that so many people over-rate Rashad so we get better odds and win big when Tito wins, if you take any time to analize the styles and recent performances then you have to pick Tito

Saying Forrest stopped some of Titos takedown (when he failed stopping 2) so Rashad wil be able as well is really dumb considering Rashad getting taken down twice by Salmon - Tito is better than Salman and will take Rashad down as well, fact

Well Tito couldn't finish a 185 lb Patrick Cote, and came within a hairs breath of losing to Forrest Griffin who has the unfortunate designation of being the UFC"s only brawler to not possess a lick of knockout power. Rashad is stronger than Forrest, has a better camp than Forrest, has better wrestling than Forrest...the only place Forrest is a better fighter in in Jiu Jitsu..In every respect that will matter in this fight ( this will not be a fight where either man taps to a triangle.) Rashad is better than the man who Tito narrowly escaped from..

The last time Tito Ortiz dominated ANYONE with ANY level of skill was February of 2001 when he slammed Evan Tanner who has since proven to be merely a decent 185 lb fighter.

He was taken to a decision by Cote. Did you read that? HE COULDNT FINISH PATRICK COTE!!! He almost lost to Forrest, and was taken to the limit by a washed up and lazy Belfort.

He did defeat Vladimir Matyushenko but again, a decision victory from 6 years ago.

On top of that Tito is an emotional fighter who's head hasn't been in the right place for months.

I will be flabbergasted if Tito wins this fight.
TOMMYAYO05
6/28/07 7:53:13PM
No way who would bet on Evans Tito ortiz is gonna smash on him he is way to experienced!
nubby
6/28/07 8:00:59PM

Posted by peppermintfatty

Posted by CornishMMA

Well Tito couldn't finish a 185 lb Patrick Cote, and came within a hairs breath of losing to Forrest Griffin who has the unfortunate designation of being the UFC"s only brawler to not possess a lick of knockout power. Rashad is stronger than Forrest, has a better camp than Forrest, has better wrestling than Forrest...the only place Forrest is a better fighter in in Jiu Jitsu..In every respect that will matter in this fight ( this will not be a fight where either man taps to a triangle.) Rashad is better than the man who Tito narrowly escaped from..

The last time Tito Ortiz dominated ANYONE with ANY level of skill was February of 2001 when he slammed Evan Tanner who has since proven to be merely a decent 185 lb fighter.

He was taken to a decision by Cote. Did you read that? HE COULDNT FINISH PATRICK COTE!!! He almost lost to Forrest, and was taken to the limit by a washed up and lazy Belfort.

He did defeat Vladimir Matyushenko but again, a decision victory from 6 years ago.

On top of that Tito is an emotional fighter who's head hasn't been in the right place for months.

I will be flabbergasted if Tito wins this fight.

BUWHAHHAAHAH! You're funny. Get ready to lose your cash.

Edit:
What am I laughing at? It appears most of your argument is based on things you never actually saw.

First:
Patrick Cote is Middel weight now but he was a light heavy weight at the time of the fight. He was a last minute replacement for Mezger if memory serves me correctly and was originally scheduled to fight Marvin Eastman. Despite the fact that Tito didn't finish Patrick Cote, it doesn't mean Cote was some kind of threat to Tito. He survived that fight and nothing more. Tito did in fact dominate that fight. And the two previous to Chuck Liddell if you forgot those as well.

Second:
Tito never almost lost to Forrest. Forrest won one round (the second) and that has been Forrest's claim to fame since. You disregard the fact that Tito had an injured ACL going into the fight and was confirmed by his surgery thereafter.

Third:
Belfort was neither Washed up nor lazy at that point in his Career. He had just come off a loss from Randy Couture but that was considered by many to be a continuation of the original fight that Belfort won through a cut. Belfort was still a force to be reckoned with and he broke Tito's nose early on with his patented flurry of strikes. Belfort is still no joke and has gone up against nothing but quality fighters. He is far more accomplished and dangerous than Rashad Evans and Forrest Griffen. Neither one of them would stand a chance against Belfort.

Lastly:
I'm glad you are able to comment on the emotional state of Tito as if you know him but please back it up.
R-Bandd
6/30/07 4:30:21AM
I can see Tito winning this one is it goes to the cards. (He seems to have good luck with the judges.) Not that I think Rashad is all that and a bag of chips. I just don't think Tito can finish him.

Ydoc
6/30/07 1:50:45PM

Posted by nubby
Actually Salmon is not a world class wrestler... he was a highschool champion, and only spent 2 years in college wrestling compared to Rashad's 4 years. The reality is that Rashad's wrestling is way overrated.

That's because the UFC fed Sean to Rashad for a KO, if Rashad was on the prowl for a takedown he would have had it. He wanted to add something to his highlight reel, and boy did he!

Posted by cincyassasin
2.Rashad looked like he is a great wrestler when he was much faster than his heavyweight opponents on TUF but since dropping where he needs to be has been somewhat lacking.

Your faulting him in his wins over a weight class that was much bigger than where he should have been? That only made me admire Rashad more, he didn't cut weight and fought at like 233 and still won.
CincySaint
6/30/07 2:54:31PM
Nubby you are without a doubt the biggest Tito nutthugger I have ever seen. You still maintain that

Despite the fact that Tito didn't finish Patrick Cote, it doesn't mean Cote was some kind of threat to Tito. He survived that fight and nothing more. Tito did in fact dominate that fight. And the two previous to Chuck Liddell if you forgot those as well.

Last time I checked Tito lost both fights to Chuck, getting KTFO both times, so I don't know why you continue to contend that he was impressive in those fights. Get over it, your boy Tito is a thing of the past...He needs to go to the WEC or Pride so that he can still compete against the top of the pack, bc after Rashad beats him he will be way out of Title Contention in the UFC!
Kisame
7/9/07 9:39:20PM
bump so everyone can read the predictions
spartanballin
7/12/07 1:08:36PM
dududer
mkiv9secsupra
7/12/07 6:31:52PM
its funny reading all the Rashad pickers say how much better of a wrestler and striker he is.......HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! They both did bad but Rashad was bad on a whole nother level

by the way WTF kind of stiking was that from Rashad?! CRAZY MONKEY STYLE?! C'mon he coulda done better than that
Pages: [1] 2