Do you guys agree with the fight results?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Do you guys agree with the fight results?
UFC_Fanatic313
2/27/11 12:45:00AM
Even though it sucks i actually agree with the draw. I scored it BJ:10-9 10-9 8-10.
So its a draw.
I also had Dennis Siver winning by ko/tko but agree with the decision.
Also what do you guys think of Bispings illegal knee and what do you think the outcome would have been if he didn't hit him with the knee?
TS92turbo
2/27/11 12:49:58AM
I think that was one hell of a knee, and I wish he would have gave Rivera's bald head another one. I dont think he won because of that knee though. I saw Siver winning after the first round. G-Sot disappointed me. I liked the Penn/Fitch fight, But I scored it like this. 10-9 BJ, 10-9 BJ, 8-10 Fitch. So 28-28. Draw. Its agreeable. I thought the judge would either score Fitch by Unanimous or BJ by split.
Chael_Sonnen
2/27/11 1:00:21AM
I had Fitch winning....a tad surprised by the draw.
SmileR
2/27/11 1:05:51AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Me too. BJ even had Fitch winning.
It was still nothing on Fukuda though! The judges may as well of took the guys wallet while they where giving that decision!
Kpro
2/27/11 1:09:24AM
I had it an unusual 29-28 for Fitch (9-10, 10-10, 10-8) but if 2 of the 3 judges gave BJ the 2nd then a Draw it is. Hard to complain either way.
Chael_Sonnen
2/27/11 1:23:54AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Me too. BJ even had Fitch winning.
It was still nothing on Fukuda though! The judges may as well of took the guys wallet while they where giving that decision!

Nick Ring got a gift from the judges in that fight....I feel bad for Fukuda.
kopower
2/27/11 1:30:57AM
I was watching the fights at Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends and we all were shocked Ring got the decision.
prozacnation1978
2/27/11 1:39:29AM
Judging sucked again
The ring fight. The judging was some of the worst ever

So. Bad I thought they were gonna give the g soto fight to him instead of siver

Draw?? I had fitch winning 29-28.
Bj got lucky.

Crazy. G soto didn't get title shot. And neither did fitch or penn

I say fitch vs condit for title shot
Pookie
2/27/11 1:53:09AM
I cant give Fitch the second round.

Siver Deserved the Nod, but i was also surprised with how they scored the rounds.

I thought Pearson v. Fisher was closer than just about everybody else i watched it with.

Fukuda v. Ring -

FastKnockout
2/27/11 2:23:45AM

Posted by TS92turbo

I think that was one hell of a knee, and I wish he would have gave Rivera's bald head another one. I dont think he won because of that knee though. I saw Siver winning after the first round. G-Sot disappointed me. I liked the Penn/Fitch fight, But I scored it like this. 10-9 BJ, 10-9 BJ, 8-10 Fitch. So 28-28. Draw. Its agreeable. I thought the judge would either score Fitch by Unanimous or BJ by split.

Wish I could take your one prop away from you. Fan of Rivera or not, there's no reason to make a comment like that. Rivera could have been seriously hurt, and Bisping showed poor class while mean mugging Rivera after the knee and yelling at him as if it was Rivera's fault for taking the knee.

Not surprising, though, Bisping has never had class.
tmas
2/27/11 2:35:52AM
i havnt seen Fukuda fight but......

i think Lytle lost correct there, Siver won but i think Gsot took a round, now BJ/Fitch

i had on my personal judging 10-9 BJ, 1st round, 10-9 BJ 2nd round, and 10-8 Fitch 3rd round... i scored it a draw and the people i were sitting with 1 agreed with me but the others all thought Fitch won. I also said however that even though i scored it a draw that i actually thought Fitch would be given the decision because the 2nd round was really close......

but 2nd round BJ rocked fitch up against cage and Fitch covered it up well by dropping and going for a takedown as he started to fall, BJ bloodied Fitch up, and had a takedown and about 1-130 min of dom postion... So Fitch controlled more of the round timewise, but BJ was more aggressive, did more damage, etc.
Adrenaline
2/27/11 3:41:26AM
I am impressed with the level maturity show by everyone so far on this topic. Other places are blowing up with cries of 'robbed!" "rigged" and other nonsense.

As as already been mentioned it really comes down to how you scored round 2 and the fact that it came down to one really close round should tell you that no robbery was involved. Personally I gave the second to BJ by the slightest of margins but I would never call anyone crazy if they were leaning towards Fitch in that round, or the fight for that matter.

Lackluster aside, I was really impressed by BJ, whether he was disappointed in himself or not. The third round was classic Fitch but for two rounds a much smaller BJ not only held his own against a guy that has mauled some of the biggest guys in the division, he actually got a few take downs and gained dominant positions on the ground (sans the 3rd round). That was really impressive to me because during the fight it looked like a MW taking on a LW.

Carry on, I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
BeeR
2/27/11 6:41:56AM
I had fukuda to win.
Fukuda SHOULD have won.
Fukuda KNOWS he won

But what can you do.

Also, If Rivera came out, kicked Bisping in the nuts right off the bat, stomped his face and soccer kicked him in the back of the head..., the ref probably would have let it continue......and he probably would have won.
sparky
2/27/11 9:59:57AM
Bj won the first 2 rds but fitch won the 3rd big its the judging systems fault
BeeR
2/27/11 10:30:04AM
the judging systems fault?
the judging system got it right.
SpiderSilva
2/27/11 12:10:41PM
bj lucky? if the judges didn't score that last rd a 10-8 bj wins the fight. as a bj fan that last rd took the life out of bj that was worse than any rd in the 2nd GSP fight. i have a feeling the rematch will be a lot like the 3rd rd.
snakes80
2/27/11 1:42:48PM
First, the only thing missing from the Ring/Fukuda decision was the ziplock bag with the scorecards in it marked "Exhibit A." Pure robbery through and through. I have yet to read/hear someone make a compelling argument for Ring winning that fight. That being said, it was a very entertaining fight, IMO.

The draw in Penn vs Fitch i can't really complain. Huge Fitch fan, and i may be a bit biased, but i had Fitch winning the 2nd rd, but man was it close. Penn looked great the 1st two rounds, and then just fell off in the 3rd, which is exactly when you don't want to sputter against Fitch.

I've mixed emotions about the Bisping knee. I hold no love for Bisping, but Rivera was able to get up and continue, so I'm not sure how much Rivera was able to recover, or how much it affected him. After that knee, i fully expected them to call the fight. But Rivera manned up, but not sure how much of his heart was in the fight after that. I personally consider it another tainted win for Bisping. I want to see that fight again without the illegal knee. Not sure if it would end differently, but i'd still like to see it.
BlueSkiesBurn
2/27/11 4:53:37PM
I'm of the opinion that Bisping intentionally threw that illegal knee. I watched that over and over again, and this was not a case where Rivera was on his way up and then dropped back down. In my opinion, Bisping threw that as an intentional "f*ck you" to Rivera for all his pre-fight antics.

I seriously hope that Dana gave Bisping the tongue lashing of a lifetime for his actions during and after that fight. Bisping wonders why people hate him and want to see him lose; this is why.

Moving on, Fukuda got absolutely robbed. So much so that I made a comment on Facebook that said "I don't know what these judges in Australia are watching, but it's clearly not the fights in front of them"

I have no problems with the Fitch-Penn fight. I actually said before the scores were announced that it would be a draw. So, when they read off the scores I looked like f*cking genius. Everyone was looking at me like I had Biff's Sports Almanac from Back to the Future.
BeeR
2/27/11 5:18:02PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm of the opinion that Bisping intentionally threw that illegal knee. I watched that over and over again, and this was not a case where Rivera was on his way up and then dropped back down. In my opinion, Bisping threw that as an intentional "f*ck you" to Rivera for all his pre-fight antics.

couldnt agree more, usually when you see an illegal knee like that, during the slow mo replay you can see the guys face throwing it and realizing its either A- illegal, or B going to be close and they try to stop the momentum before its too late. Bisping clearly knew Rivera was downed, Rivera made no attempt to get up, and to top it off, Bisping had him in a semi muay thai clinch adding alot more insult, and impact to injury.

I already have Bisping as my most hated fighter
this incident just adds the cherry and sprinkles to the douche sundae

BlueSkiesBurn
2/27/11 5:58:37PM

Posted by BeeR

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

couldnt agree more, usually when you see an illegal knee like that, during the slow mo replay you can see the guys face throwing it and realizing its either A- illegal, or B going to be close and they try to stop the momentum before its too late. Bisping clearly knew Rivera was downed, Rivera made no attempt to get up, and to top it off, Bisping had him in a semi muay thai clinch adding alot more insult, and impact to injury.

I already have Bisping as my most hated fighter
this incident just adds the cherry and sprinkles to the douche sundae

Well stated, sir. Props.
sparky
2/27/11 6:31:50PM

Posted by BeeR

No the judging system didnt get it right because Jon Fitch clearly won the fight. Everybody under the sun seen Fitch win so to say it was a draw clearly proves there's flaws in the judging system.
BlueSkiesBurn
2/27/11 6:44:06PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by BeeR

No the judging system didnt get it right because Jon Fitch clearly won the fight. Everybody under the sun seen Fitch win so to say it was a draw clearly proves there's flaws in the judging system.

Um, I'm thinking that he didn't "clearly" win the fight or you'd see a unanimous consensus on these boards like you do for Fukuda.

It was a draw, dude. You can make an argument either way, and that's what, generally, constitutes a draw. It means nobody clearly had the advantage.

I saw a draw. I said it would be a draw before they announced the scores, so OBVIOUSLY, everybody under the sun did NOT see Fitch win.
BeeR
2/27/11 7:05:28PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by BeeR

Ok, let me reiterate.......IT WAS CLEARLY A DRAW...

sparky
2/28/11 12:05:32AM
No the contest was a draw the winner of the fight was Fitch......sorta like the saying I may have lost the battle but won the war.
BeeR
2/28/11 6:04:21AM
this guy needs a calculator
UFC_Fanatic313
2/28/11 9:17:09AM

Posted by sparky

No the contest was a draw the winner of the fight was Fitch......sorta like the saying I may have lost the battle but won the war.

this guy needs a calculator
hahahahahahha

Franklinfan47
2/28/11 10:36:49AM
No offense to some posters in this thread, but winning the third round does not make you the winner. It makes you the winner of one round. Get a clue.

That said, I was expecting to see Fitch win this with 29-27's (I gave Fitch the second narrowly 10-9 and third 10-8), but after re-watching, I think the draw was fair. You could have easily given BJ the first two rounds.

I thinks its poetic justice. Maybe Fitch will actually try to finish a fight now.