what do you guys think [HELP!]

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » what do you guys think [HELP!]
loller90278
8/4/07 9:48:31PM
this is my first try at FLASH and making websites, although i am pretty tech saavy when it comes to web design, and its for my clothing company.

criticism/comments/suggestions are all welcome

check it out

Hachek Clothing Website
Ydoc
8/4/07 11:19:12PM
Long loading time is annoying. You had to be high when you made this, but it does look really cool with the eyeballs and vines. You should had hove over text to the eyeballs so people can navigate better.

As for the shirt designs I didn't care for most of them, although I did like the guy on the old fashioned bicycle. Is that the Unabomber?

Keep up the good work man.
loller90278
8/5/07 12:16:48AM
haha thanks man, all the comments ill take in consideration.

the company i am trying to run is "alternative" so i needed somethin funky for a website. i dont know how long loading time is, it goes pretty fast for me: guess it depends on your connection.

maybe i will add text over the eyeballs, that might clear things up.

haha everyone thinks its the unabomber. it's actually a 17th century armenian monk. (yes, was high when making most of this stuff up haha )

and if you like the bycicle shirt, maybe i'll send you one free of charge :)

and you can donate $12 to me via paypal
madmarck
8/5/07 12:47:14PM
I like the site design but like Ydoc said. Some text would defintly help. Its not that hard to navigate now..... it would just make it easier. Good job though hope your business goes well.
Keep up the designs too they look pretty cool.
fedorwins1
8/5/07 12:57:23PM
Yes text would be good you just have to click an eyeball and hope it gets you where you want to go.
loller90278
8/5/07 2:11:40PM
i'll work on the text today, but i think it'll be tricky. for some reason flash is hard for the small stuff, but surprisingly easy to make everything else.

i also want to get a domain registered and get hosting, preferably the cheapest hosting cuz it doesnt need much upkeep and only takes up 5mgs of webspace. anybody have suggestions ?
Mastodon2
8/5/07 7:50:33PM
The design of the old guy with the big beard is ace, espescially when he is drawn in white on the black T shirt, thats proper ace!
bayonetxwork
8/5/07 10:17:43PM
The idea of it is great, the only thing I'd change is that you need to take into perspective different resolutions. I run a huge resolution, and when it stretches to browser size, some of the stuff becomes blurry. The animation is great, but yeah a little text, or even just edit the button in flashmx so the rollover displays what the button points to.

Its going to be tough to find a legit hosting plan of less than 200mb of space, you'll probably need to try to set up a custom one. I recommend e-starr.com for hosting, only downside is some blogging addons aren't available such as wordpress. used them for my old web/graphic company, and they were great.

BTW, love the bike design, and keep up the work.
loller90278
8/6/07 12:39:15AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

The idea of it is great, the only thing I'd change is that you need to take into perspective different resolutions. I run a huge resolution, and when it stretches to browser size, some of the stuff becomes blurry. The animation is great, but yeah a little text, or even just edit the button in flashmx so the rollover displays what the button points to.

Its going to be tough to find a legit hosting plan of less than 200mb of space, you'll probably need to try to set up a custom one. I recommend e-starr.com for hosting, only downside is some blogging addons aren't available such as wordpress. used them for my old web/graphic company, and they were great.

BTW, love the bike design, and keep up the work.

ahh good crits! i feel ya on the resolution also, im running 1280 by 960 or whatever it is and it does get a little blurry on mine too, so i have to play around with that.

thanks everyone for the kind wordss
and i'm thinking about giving some lucky winner a free shirt of their choice, just don' know how to go around setting up a questionaiire or a whatever like richie does.