Please help me out guys!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Please help me out guys!!!!
IrishMMA
3/11/08 5:59:47PM
I am in my final year of college, and for my final project i decided to analyze sports culture in the U.S and Europe.(With a focus on MMA).

I have to get this survey done by 10 U.S sports fans and 10 European sports fans by the end of the week. So guys please take 5 minutes and copy and paste it with you answers!!!!

1. Please tick appropriate: Gender: Male Female

2. Please tick appropriate: Age: 18-24 25–40 41-55 56+

3. Please State: Nationality:

4. What would you say is your favourite sport and why?

5. What would you say is you least favourite sport and why?

6. Do you participate in any sports? Yes No
(If no move to question 8)

7. Which sports do you participate in?

8. Please rank your top three favourite sports.

9. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very uninterested and 5 being very interested, how would you rate your interest in the following sports.
Basketball

Baseball

Soccer

Boxing

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC

American Football

Golf

Hockey

10. Have you ever attended any live sporting events? Yes No
(If answered no go to question 12)

11. Which live sporting events have you attended? (If many, mention most recent)

12. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to attend a live event if it was in your area?

Basketball

Baseball

Soccer

Boxing

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC

American Football

Golf

Hockey

13. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to pay to watch on television?

Basketball

Baseball

Soccer

Boxing

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC

American Football

Golf

Hockey

14. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is extremely unpopular and 10 is extremely popular, how would you rate Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC in terms of popularity in your country?

Pookie
3/11/08 6:13:32PM
1. Please tick appropriate: Gender: Male

2. Please tick appropriate: Age: 18-24

3. Please State: Nationality: Native American, African American, Mexican, White.
In that order.

MMA
Always been a fan of combat sports, and MMA is the sport of fighting.
It's the truest expression of the connection between Mind and Body out there. A man who could beat anybody up in the world knows his body more than any other man IMO

Bagmitten, seriously... wtf?

6. Do you participate in any sports? Yes No
Yes

Football(Infrequently), Muay Thai, Judo - They count as sports right? lol

1. MMA

2. Basketball

3. FootBall

9. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very uninterested and 5 being very interested, how would you rate your interest in the following sports.
Basketball 4

Baseball 2

Soccer 2

Boxing 3

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 5

American Football 4

Golf 1

Hockey 1

Yes

11. Which live sporting events have you attended? (If many, mention most recent)
Smoker Muay Thai match.
If that doesnt count then a raiders game.

12. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to attend a live event if it was in your area?

Basketball 6

Baseball 5

Soccer 3

Boxing 7

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 7

Golf 0

Hockey 1

13. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to pay to watch on television?

Basketball 1

Baseball 0

Soccer 0

Boxing 3

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 7

American Football 1

Golf 0

Hockey 0

14. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is extremely unpopular and 10 is extremely popular, how would you rate Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC in terms of popularity in your country?

pv3Hpv3p
3/11/08 6:15:19PM

2. Please tick appropriate: Age: 25–40

3. Please State: Nationality: Polish

American Football and MMA / Boxing... I enjoy contact sports, they seem to be the most constantly exciting... football I like because of the team aspect and the sheer popularity of it in the states... MMA I like for the opposite reason... There's something so final about two fighters in an enclosed space... One walks away the victor one the loser, with little left to argue or complain about (ideally)

Maybe Golf or basketball... There's just not enough going on in golf to keep my attention for long enough... And with basketball, I just don't understand the fowls that they are constantly calling and the stop and start of it drives me up a wall...

6. Do you participate in any sports? Yes

I bowl regularly if that counts

1. American Football

2. MMA

3. Boxing / Hockey (tied)

Basketball -----1

Baseball -----4

Soccer -----2

Boxing -----5

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC -----5

American Football -----5

Golf -----1

Hockey -----4

10. Have you ever attended any live sporting events? Yes

Boxing matches
Football (American)
Baseball
Basketball

Basketball ------------1 (only if it's playoffs or the tickets are free)

Baseball ------------- 8 (cheaper tickets than most sporting events)

Soccer ----------- 4 (never really got the chance to get into it, so I'd give it a try)

Boxing ------------ 8

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC ------------- 8

American Football --------------- 8

Golf ------------------ 1

Hockey --------------- 8

Basketball ---------- 0

Baseball ---------- 0

Soccer ---------- 0

Boxing ------------ 6

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC --------- 8

American Football ------------ 7

Golf ------------- 0

Hockey ------------- 2

3/11/08 6:21:45PM
1. Male

2. I'm 16...so just group me in the youngest category...hope i still count

3. American Born (Irish and Italian roots)

4. MMA is my favorite sport (you will most likely get this a lot...this population is biased and is not a random sample which is what you should use) because of the competitive nature and the way it combines aspects from all other combat sports into one i really love. the athletic ability of the fighters and the variability of each fight make MMA my favorite sort. It is multidimensional and is takes a lot of skill to achieve success. Coming from a martial art and wrestling background i appreciate combat sports and MMA is just the best in the category.

5. I would have to say NASCAR is my least favorite sport because imo it does not require athletic ability and driving a car is not a sport for me. If you are not including NASCAR as a sport to dislike then i will go with golf...just not enough action and stimulation. same for NASCAR. you can use my age and my desire for action as a correlation for action and the younger generation. and if neither of those two work for you then baseball for the same lack of action maybe play into how video games, television and all that jazz effect our tastes. just a suggestion.

6. Yes

7. Football, Wrestling, Kickboxing and MMA(JJ is part of MMA for me)

1. MMA

2. Football

3. Basketball

Basketball- 4

Baseball- 2

Soccer- 3

Boxing- 3

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC- 5

American Football- 5

Golf- 1

Hockey- 3

10. Yes

11. i have been to a Mets game, Yankee game, Islander game, Jets game and New York Dragons game (AFL) most recently

Basketball- 6

Baseball- 5 (i hate watching it but the game atmosphere is enjoyable for me)

Soccer- 3

Boxing- 7

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC- 8

American Football- 8

Golf- 1

Hockey- 5

Basketball- 6

Baseball- 1

Soccer- 3

Boxing- 5

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC- 8

American Football- 8

Golf- 1

Hockey- 5

i would say right now it is a 6. to me it is a 10 but the American public a 6 is what i think is real. a lot of people now know what MMA is bu they are very uneducated about it. Now with the CBS deal and Budweiser deal it will only increase.
iwannabesedated
3/11/08 6:27:48PM

2. Please tick appropriate: Age: 18-24 but ill be 25 soon

3. Please State: Nationality: American

Football....Why cause im from Southwestern Pennyslvania

Golf...Its for rich high socity people who hang at the country clubs...

6. Do you participate in any sports? not unless your count Bowling
(If no move to question 8

1.Football

2. Hockey

3.MMA

Basketball -2

Baseball -3

Soccer -1

Boxing -1

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC -5

American Football -5

Golf -1

Hockey -5

Penguins Games about 8
Pirates Games about 10
IFBL MMA events-2
a few boxing events in Morgantown Wv cause two of my friends box..im not sure what the organization name is.
Not too often but once in a blue moon some high school wrestling events
Ive been to a few Stock Car races not that im a fan but still fun when mixed with booze.

Basketball-2

Baseball -6

Soccer 1

Boxing 5

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC -8

American Football -8...cant get tickets

Golf -1

Hockey -8

Basketball -1

Baseball -2

Soccer -1

Boxing -1

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC -8

American Football -8

Golf -1

Hockey -8

USA....Uhh id say a 5...cause if i asked 10ppl if they know what MMA is id bet that 5 would say yes and 5 would be no...But if i asked them what the UFC or Ultimate Fighting is..it may be a 7
Kpro
3/11/08 6:42:46PM

4. What would you say is your favourite sport and why? Mixed Martial Arts. The 1 on 1 combat dynamic. The technique on display. The amount of risk each side is putting on the line for each match up.

5. What would you say is you least favourite sport and why? I generally like all sports and don't really have a least favorite. If nothing else I admire the dedication of the athletes even if I don't follow the sport religiously. The sport I watch least is Golf, but it is also one of the few I play, so watching and playing create different orders of favorite sports.

6. Do you participate in any sports? Not organized.

1. Mixed Martial Arts
2. Boxing
3. American Football

Basketball - 5
Baseball - 5
Soccer - 5 during World Cup, 1 otherwise
Boxing - 5
Mixed Martial Arts/UFC - 5
American Football - 5
Golf - 1
Hockey - 2

Seattle Seahawks Season Ticket Holder for 4 years
5 or so University of Washington Huskies College Football games
20+ Seattle Mariners Games
10 or so Seattle Mariners Spring Training games in Arizona
Multiple minor league and/or summer league baseball games
15 or so Seattle Sonics Basketball games
5 or so University of Washington Huskies College Basketball games
2006 NCAA College Basketball Tourney in Tucson
IFL - Everett
Strikeforce at the Dome

Sporting Events attending this month:
NCAA Tourney (Sweet 16 / Elite 8 round) in Phoenix
USC vs. Arizona State College Baseball

Basketball - 4
Baseball - 3
Soccer - 6
Boxing - 5
Mixed Martial Arts/UFC - 1
American Football - 2
Golf - 8
Hockey - 7

Basketball - 4
Baseball - 5
Soccer - 6
Boxing - 2
American Football - 3
Golf - 8
Hockey - 7

I would say 4. Of course it is popular with the fans that frequent messageboards, but until it does appear in primetime on main channels (as the current deals will bring in the coming year) it cannot get above a 4 from me.
xchickox
3/11/08 6:50:19PM

3. Please State: Nationality: English

MMA - its such an explosive sport, its amazing wherever the fight goes, never get bored of it, and top fighters need so much talent

golf, unless its the ryder cup i just have no interest in it, just takes too long

6. Do you participate in any sports?

Yes

play football for a sunday league team, also play with friends every weekend, also train in mma

1. MMA

2. FOOTBALL (soccer)

3. RUGBY LEAGUE

Basketball

Baseball - 3

Soccer - 5

Boxing - 4

American Football - 3

Golf - 1

Hockey - 2

football (soccer) i go to watch stoke city play in the championship
UFC 70

12. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to attend a live event if it was in your area? (i'm guessing 1 was most likely)

Basketball - 6

Baseball - 5

Soccer - 2

Boxing - 3

American Football - 4

Golf - 8

Hockey - 7

13. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to pay to watch on television? (again 1 most likely)

Basketball - 6

Baseball - 5

Soccer - 2

Boxing - 3

American Football - 4

Golf - 8

Hockey - 7

3/11/08 7:55:50PM
Thank you to Pookie, pv3Hpv3p, Jiujitsufreak74, 40ouncetofreedom, Kpro, xchickox. Really appreciate it guys. Thanks 4 the help.
3/11/08 9:27:44PM
I am in my final year of college, and for my final project i decided to analyze sports culture in the U.S and Europe.(With a focus on MMA).

I have to get this survey done by 10 U.S sports fans and 10 European sports fans by the end of the week. So guys please take 5 minutes and copy and paste it with you answers!!!!

2. Please tick appropriate: Age: 18

3. Please State: White/ Irish, English

Kickboxing because i enjoy participating i it and competing.

Soccer because it is soooooo Boring.

Muay thai, and Basketball(with freinds)

1.Kickboxing

2. football(american)

3.Basketball

Basketball 5

Baseball 3

Soccer 1

Boxing 2

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 5

American Football 5

Golf 2

Hockey 1

11. Which live sporting events have you attended? Florida Gators football game

Basketball 4

Baseball 6

Soccer 8

Boxing 6

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 2

American Football 4

Golf 6

Hockey 8

Basketball 6

Baseball 6

Soccer 8

Boxing 8

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 4

American Football 5

Golf 8

Hockey 8

14. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is extremely unpopular and 10 is extremely popular, how would you rate Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC in terms of popularity in your country? 6
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/11/08 9:48:23PM

4. What would you say is your favourite sport and why? mma, beautiful artistic side of violence

5. What would you say is you least favourite sport and why? honestly dont have one

soccer, bball

1.mma

2.football

3.soccer

Basketball 3

Baseball 2

Soccer 4

Boxing 3

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 5

American Football 5

Golf 3

Hockey 1

11. Which live sporting events have you attended? (If many, mention most recent) olympic soccer games, nhl hockey, all college sports, mlb baseball

Basketball 8

Baseball 6

Soccer 8

Boxing 8

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 8

Golf 4

Hockey 6

Basketball 2

Baseball 2

Soccer 4

Boxing 6

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 6

Golf 2

Hockey 2

14. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is extremely unpopular and 10 is extremely popular, how would you rate Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC in terms of popularity in your country? 7
3/11/08 9:58:30PM

MMA is more exciting and takes a more well rounded skill set, in my opinion, than any other sport and that is why it is far and away my favorite.

Curling. Most of the world seems to recognize it as a sport, I guess I just don't get it.

Just getting back into BJJ/grappling

1. MMA

2. Other combat sports

3. American Football

Basketball 1

Baseball 3

Soccer 1

Boxing 4

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 5

American Football 4

Golf 3

Hockey 3

Over the years: MMA, American football, soccer, gymnastics, swimming, grappling, baseball......

Basketball 5

Baseball 5

Soccer 1

Boxing 7

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 7

Golf 4

Hockey 7

Basketball 0

Baseball 0

Soccer 0

Boxing 1

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 6

American Football 0

Golf 0

Hockey 0

14. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is extremely unpopular and 10 is extremely popular, how would you rate Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC in terms of popularity in your country? 7
3/11/08 10:43:54PM

3. Please State: Nationality: Canadian

4. What would you say is your favourite sport and why? Hockey - played it and have liked it all my life.

5. What would you say is you least favourite sport and why? Basketball - I find it boring

Hockey
Martial arts, but I don't compete
Running - competative

8. Please rank your top three favourite sports. (to watch or to do?)
1. Hockey
2. MMA
3. track, swimming, judo, wrestling (Olympics)

9. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very uninterested and 5 being very interested, how would you rate your interest in the following sports. Basketball -1
Baseball -1
Soccer -4
Boxing -1
American Football -1
Golf -2
Hockey - 5

11. Which live sporting events have you attended?
Hockey

12. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to attend a live event if it was in your area? (I assume you only want one unique number per event??? and that 1 = uninterested?) If not, change all numbers below 6 to 1.

Basketball -1
Baseball -3
Soccer -7
Boxing -4
Mixed Martial Arts/UFC -6
American Football -2
Golf -5
Hockey -8

13. Please rank the following sports (from 1 to 8) in terms of how likely you would be to pay to watch on television? (I don't know if you only want one unique number per event??? and that 1 = uninterested?)

I wouldn't pay to watch these at all (1)
Basketball
Baseball
Soccer
Boxing
American Football
Golf
Hockey

I might pay to watch this (4)
Mixed Martial Arts/UFC

JuggaloWarrior878
3/12/08 12:04:25AM

3. Please State: Nationality: Caucasion

MMA I just love every aspect of it the tide can change at any second.

Nascar I guess i just dont get whats so great about it

6. Do you participate in any sports? No

1. MMA

2. Football

3. Basketball

Basketball 3

Baseball 3

Soccer 1

Boxing 4

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 5

American Football 5

Golf 1

Hockey 2

Indians Games and Browns games.

Basketball 6

Baseball 6

Soccer 1

Boxing 6

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 7

American Football 8

Golf 1

Hockey 2

Basketball 3

Baseball 3

Soccer 1

Boxing 5

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 7

Golf 1

Hockey 1

Svartorm
3/12/08 4:01:39AM
1. Male

2. 25–40

3. American

4. MMA. Its exciting, realistic, and unpredictable.

5. Nascar. Painfully boring

6. Yes

7. Amatuer NHB, Scottish broadsword fencing, open weapon combat and sub grappling

1. MMA

2. Kickboxing

3. Sub Grappling

9. Basketball

Baseball

Soccer

Boxing

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC

American Football

Golf

Hockey

10. Yes

11. Hockey on several occasions

12. You didn't mention instructions on this, so I'm assuming its 1 being most likely, and decending in order.

Basketball 6

Baseball 5

Soccer 7

Boxing 2

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 1

American Football 4

Golf 8

Hockey 3

13. Ranking 1 as most likely and 8 as least likely

Basketball 6

Baseball 5

Soccer 7

Boxing 2

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 1

American Football 4

Golf 8

Hockey 3

14. 6
Rich78
3/12/08 7:11:44AM

3. Please State: Nationality: British

Football (soccer). As for why though, apart from entertainment, it probably comes down to simply having ALWAYS being a fan rather than any other aspect.

Cricket. Any game that can take a week to play, I can't be bothered with.

5 a side Football (scr). Golf. Badminton.

1. Football

2. UFC

3. Boxing

Basketball

Baseball - 1

Soccer - 5

Boxing - 4

American Football - 3

Golf - 3

Hockey - 1

Football - Have a season ticket at Newcastle Utd.
UFC 70, 75 & 80.
Darts Premier League
Rugby world cup
Basketball (Newcastle Eagles)

If 1 is most likely and 8 is least........

Basketball - 6

Baseball - 8

Soccer - 3

Boxing - 2

American Football - 4

Golf - 5

Hockey - 7

Would only pay to watch the following.....

Soccer

Boxing

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC

IrishMMA
3/12/08 7:17:34AM
Thank you very much to, 905010, CantAndleDaRIddum, JimiMak, Rush, JuggaloWarrior878, Svartom and Rich 78. Appreciate it guys and sorry about the question with no instructions.
mrliquid
3/12/08 10:21:36AM

3. Please State: Nationality: American/Italian

4. What would you say is your favourite sport and why? MMA
Best sport ever you get to see your favorite sports and fighting styles all mixed into one.

5. What would you say is you least favourite sport and why?soccer just to boring for me

7. Which sports do you participate in?Basketball,Football,Amateur boxing

1.MMA

2. Boxing

3.Basketball

Basketball 5

Baseball 3

Soccer 1

Boxing 5

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 5

American Football 4

Golf 2

Hockey 2

Tampa Bay Bucks game against Jacksonville

Basketball 7

Baseball 6

Soccer 1

Boxing 8

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 7

Golf 5

Hockey 3

Basketball 5

Baseball 2

Soccer 1

Boxing 7

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 6

Golf 2

Hockey 1

3/12/08 3:26:09PM
Thanks Mr Liquid, appreciate it.
bls1919
3/12/08 10:00:04PM
3. Please State: Nationality: USA

4. What would you say is your favourite sport and why? MMA/American Football i like all contact sports but love these 2

5. What would you say is you least favourite sport and why? Tennis. just cant watch it

7. Which sports do you participate in? Boxing, Wrestleing

1.MMA

2. American Football

3. Boxing

Basketball

Baseball 3

Soccer 1

Boxing 3

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 10 cant get enough

American Football 5 GO STEELERS!!!

Golf 2

Hockey 3

11. Which live sporting events have you attended? (If many, mention most recent) Steelers vs Ravens home game, Minor league hockey (local) Pirates vs Rockies (this past season)

Basketball 2

Baseball 5

Soccer 0

Boxing 7 gonna to see Bundrage (contender series) in action on 3/28

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8 the cloest they've come is Cincinatti

American Football 8 l Love football

Golf 1

Hockey 6

Basketball 0

Baseball 0

Soccer 0

Boxing 5

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 8 only if i had to, to see the superbowl

Golf 0

Hockey 0

14. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is extremely unpopular and 10 is extremely popular, how would you rate Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC in terms of popularity in your country? 4 needs help into the mainstream
murphy_16
3/12/08 10:24:31PM

3. Please State: Nationality: IRELAND

Soccer cuz its fast paced gotta have alot of endurance, it's the biggest sport in the world and really fun.

Hockey i just hate it and the damn canadians and americans thinking their betta than canada

Soccer, basketball, volley-ball,cross-country, track and field

1.Soccer

2. MMA

3.Gaelic Football and hurling

Basketball -4

Baseball -1

Soccer -100

Boxing -2

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC -5

American Football -3

Golf -1

Hockey -1

Attended some hurling and gaelic football matches in Ireland.
Went to a NYY game in NY was as boring as hell had some good bread pretzel tho.
Went to Toronto FC game.

Basketball -6

Baseball -2

Soccer -100

Boxing -4

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC-8

American Football -5

Golf -1

Hockey -2

Basketball -3

Baseball -1

Soccer -100

Boxing -1

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC-5

American Football -2

Golf -1

Hockey -1
dont like to pay

3/13/08 8:02:51AM
Thanks to bls 1919 and Murphy_16.
Bowen50
3/13/08 12:48:17PM

MMA because of the non-stop action and how hard the atheletes work to acheive greatness.

Golf...boring

6. Do you participate in any sports?
Yes

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai

1. MMA

2. Football

3. Hockey

Basketball 1

Baseball 3

Soccer 1

Boxing 1

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 5

American Football 5

Golf 1

Hockey 3

10. Have you ever attended any live sporting events?
Yes

Week 2: Giants Vs. Packers, UFC 78, UFC 73, UFC 61, Islanders Vs. Tampa Bay, Ohio State Vs. Michigan 2006

Basketball 1

Baseball 4

Soccer 1

Boxing 1

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 8

Golf 1

Hockey 4

Basketball 1

Baseball 1

Soccer 1

Boxing 1

Mixed Martial Arts/UFC 8

American Football 8

Golf 1

Hockey 1

3/13/08 3:05:59PM
Thank you to bowen50.