Top Gun director Tony Scott dead. Suicide leap.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Top Gun director Tony Scott dead. Suicide leap.
Shawn91111
8/20/12 2:11:40PM
Action movie maestro Tony Scott reportedly battled inoperable brain cancer before he jumped from a Los Angeles bridge and died Sunday.
ABC News reported the diagnosis citing a source close to the famed director of "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop II," and "Crimson Tide."
"The autopsy is scheduled for this morning. We might (see a brain issue), but we don't have anything medically confirmed at this time," Ed Winter, the assistant chief coroner for Los Angeles County told the Daily News.

Scott, 68, parked his car at the crest of the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning Los Angeles Harbor, about 185 feet above the water, and leaped to his death as witnesses looked on in horror.

LINK
MMAcca
8/20/12 2:30:43PM
Terrible sad news.

Gutted when i heard this.
pmoney
8/20/12 2:34:34PM
Well that's just sad
george112
8/20/12 2:38:37PM
Damn. Sorry for the guy
prophecy033
8/20/12 3:03:37PM
I hate hearing news like this
Chael_Sonnen
8/20/12 3:45:09PM
RIP Tony Scott

True Romance changed my life for the better

Is it white boy day?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
backalley101
8/20/12 4:07:06PM
He had brain cancer
FlashyG
8/20/12 4:23:03PM
I recommended the last movie he ever directed in the last movie you watched thread.

It's called Unstoppable and I'm going to watch it again this week in his honor.

Sad to hear he went out like he did.
FlashyG
8/20/12 4:23:19PM
Double post
Poor_Franklin
8/20/12 4:26:29PM
if true about the inoperable cancer, i'd like to think he went out on his own terms.
BuffaloDave
8/20/12 6:46:34PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

if true about the inoperable cancer, i'd like to think he went out on his own terms.

I feel the same way, it's the only time I feel suicide is acceptable.
shaneTpain
8/20/12 7:03:17PM
Bubbles
8/20/12 7:16:12PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I don't. You can still enjoy what little time you have left around loved ones rather than saying "fuck it, I'm out." IMO suicide is the most selfish thing someone can do. How much damage will this do to his sons who look to be entering high school by now? I had a friend in high school (that I was fairly close with) who's dad shot himself. From that point on he started to distance himself away from most of his friends (me included) and started to become more obnoxious to anyone around. My friend was around 16 at the time...imagine what this can do to his ~13 year olds.

This is a sad turn of events and my thoughts are with his family.
lohmann
8/20/12 7:30:08PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I don't. You can still enjoy what little time you have left around loved ones rather than saying "fuck it, I'm out." IMO suicide is the most selfish thing someone can do. How much damage will this do to his sons who look to be entering high school by now? I had a friend in high school (that I was fairly close with) who's dad shot himself. From that point on he started to distance himself away from most of his friends (me included) and started to become more obnoxious to anyone around. My friend was around 16 at the time...imagine what this can do to his ~13 year olds.

Most that commit suicide are not exactly in a rational, fully-functioning state of mind when they do so. The act of suicide is more than just a logical conclusion that leads somebody to take his or her own life.

RIP Tony Scott. You and your family have always entertained.

DancingDoll
8/20/12 7:56:46PM
I believe in personal freedom and choice.

He lived life on his own terms.

RIP Tony Scott.
BuffaloDave
8/20/12 8:11:03PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I will agree with you that it is a selfish thing to do, but I'm saying in his case only, where he already has limited time to live, if he feels like it's his time, then so be it, maybe he doesn't want to go through all the stuff cancer does to you, when it reaches it's late stages, where all that is left is you're so drugged up, you don't even know what's going on. Or through the sickness and pain chemo does to you, just to prolong your life just a little longer.

I agree it will probably fuck up his kids for a while, but we don't know what is in his letter he left behind, maybe his sons can find closer and understanding why their father took his life early.

Gogoplatapus
8/20/12 8:30:18PM
RIP. Save your suicide judgements. No one cares how YOU feel about this 'selfish' act.
MALICE
8/20/12 9:16:21PM
I never agree with suicide as an acceptable option except in extreme situations like this one. He lived a long successful life and wasting away to nothing is not living. Either way it ended, it was not fair to his family. But, it is as the old saying goes, "That's Life." RIP
Chael_Sonnen
8/20/12 9:28:59PM
Is it wrong that I'm humming 'Highway to the Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins?

Gonna pay homage to Mr. Tony Scott by watching a double feature......

'The Last Boy Scout'
followed by the underrated and under appreciated
'Revenge'

I always preferred Tony over his bro Ridley.
40ouncetofreedom
8/20/12 9:36:01PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

RIP Tony Scott

True Romance changed my life for the better

Is it white boy day?

Exactly,One of my favorite films,Although Tarantino wrote it.Still a great movie.

Is it whiteboy day?

Now i know i'm pretty,but i ain't as pretty as a couple o titties.
Bubbles
8/20/12 11:06:24PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I will agree with you that it is a selfish thing to do, but I'm saying in his case only, where he already has limited time to live, if he feels like it's his time, then so be it, maybe he doesn't want to go through all the stuff cancer does to you, when it reaches it's late stages, where all that is left is you're so drugged up, you don't even know what's going on. Or through the sickness and pain chemo does to you, just to prolong your life just a little longer.

I agree it will probably fuck up his kids for a while, but we don't know what is in his letter he left behind, maybe his sons can find closer and understanding why their father took his life early.

That I can agree with...I should have elaborated in my earlier post. I am ok with doctor assisted suicide or wanting to end your life when you are nearing the end and bed ridden with an illness, but he just jumped. I just think he ended his life prematurely
BuffaloDave
8/20/12 11:42:47PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

RIP. Save your suicide judgements. No one cares how YOU feel about this 'selfish' act.

Way to speak on behalf of the Playground
BuffaloDave
8/20/12 11:51:10PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Is it wrong that I'm humming 'Highway to the Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins?

Gonna pay homage to Mr. Tony Scott by watching a double feature......

'The Last Boy Scout'
followed by the underrated and under appreciated
'Revenge'

I always preferred Tony over his bro Ridley.

Love both of those movies,

prozacnation1978
8/22/12 12:20:01AM
Sucks man. I got about 7 tony Scott films. Gotta to a tribute night to the man.

Love true romance. Gary oldman kills it as the white pimp

Also top gun. Man on fire and deja vu to name a few.