Any Guitarists?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Any Guitarists?
Wolfenstein
12/11/08 6:13:28PM
Hey what's up guys. I've been playing a little over two years now, and was able to pick it up pretty quickly. Anyways today I was able to get through the entire song "Over and over" by Three Day's grace without any mistakes. Took me about two days. Easy enough song.

Now I'm working on getting "So Cold" by Breaking Benjamin. Another relatively easy song although the first riff is a little tricky. Hopefully it will be one of the few songs that I can include some singing with (which is so damned hard).

So anyways what are you guys currently playing?
dannyfrank
12/11/08 6:33:59PM
i play bass guitar. i used to know "bulls on parade" by rage against the machine and "separation of church and skate" by nofx by heart, but i havent played in a while. i should probably start practicing again
loller90278
12/11/08 6:37:00PM
i can pretty much play any song on my air guitar, but not stairway to heaven, i refuse to play that
SpiderSilva
12/11/08 6:48:42PM
<---Here

I just got through geeeetar Hero 3
bojangalz
12/11/08 6:58:50PM

Posted by loller90278

i can pretty much play any song on my air guitar, but not stairway to heaven, i refuse to play that

No Stairway?...Denied!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ncordless
12/11/08 7:32:49PM
I play bass. Yesterday I played a version of a Wayne Shorter A-flat blues called "Adam's Apple" in a mixed meter 13/4 with the sub division being a bar of 7/4 followed by two measures of 6/4 and then another bar of 7/4 which we repeated across all three stanzas. It was difficult, but rewarding in that once I was able to internalize the groove it felt fresh to improvise on. Fun times.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/11/08 7:34:45PM
been playing electric guitar for around 11 years now. Play pretty much any stuff from 'tallica and pantera and slayer and anthrax and g n' r and van halen and maiden and deth and so on, fast heavy and loud you get the picture... i do listen to alot of other stuff now but heavy metal is pretty much the genre of music i dominate in. started to try and learn vai satch petrucci's solo stuff and others couple years back and still trying to copy the undisputed masters of the guitar world. Also been learning the more soft stuff like sublime (on my acoustic though), wich is actually pretty damn fun to play when high and/or drunk or just when u wanna relax. but yeah my guitar completes me.
Aaronno9
12/12/08 12:01:50AM
I picked it up pretty quick, and since alot of what i listen to is classed i guess as pop punk i managed to learn all my favourite songs within a year or so. Kinda lost my motivation after that. After reading Jackelopes relaxing song thread i decided to learn concerning hobbits by howard shaw. I mean, its an orchestrated song so its never gona be perfect on guitar but im pretty proud of what ive got so far. Relaxes me even though im totally struggling to play it at the same time
4u2nv
12/12/08 9:17:06AM
I never played but always wanted to just go out and pick up a wood one and just learn. I have this calling to do so, but lack time and funds right now. Maybe once i'm 30.
Jackelope
12/12/08 1:32:24PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I picked it up pretty quick, and since alot of what i listen to is classed i guess as pop punk i managed to learn all my favourite songs within a year or so. Kinda lost my motivation after that. After reading Jackelopes relaxing song thread i decided to learn concerning hobbits by howard shaw. I mean, its an orchestrated song so its never gona be perfect on guitar but im pretty proud of what ive got so far. Relaxes me even though im totally struggling to play it at the same time

LOL, that's awesome. I'd love to hear that played on guitar!

I got a guitar a while back, but I haven't had time to pick it up and learn. I really want to, though!
higdon10
12/12/08 4:16:38PM
I don't have the motivation to learn
DJDark41
12/12/08 5:40:30PM
Got a guitar 2 years ago for my birthday, but only started really playing about 3 months ago or so. Never really had the motivation to learn, just picked it up and made noise with it. But now, me and a bunch of friends from school are starting to jam and hopefully gonna be starting a band soon.
Jimbo
12/12/08 8:19:10PM
i dont play but on a kinda related story some bands from school were playing at this joint and the bass player was rocking out to much and he accidentally smashed his mouth into his guitar which resulted in his tooth flying out, i couldn't believe it lol
but they kept playing the song and played a few others after it as well, it was pretty mad.
mrsmiley
12/12/08 9:07:16PM
I've played Bass for almost 8 years now.I even have a Bass clef tattoo on my forearm.

I've played in 2 cover bands,one original band,and now a jam band that's strickly funk and blues.Getting back with this new group to the point of playing out again,though I don't won't to be playing like I was in my last band.
We were playing every weekend.It was fun,but when you're jamming with people who drive you crazy it becomes real difficult.