Guillard v. Tavares at TUF Finale

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Guillard v. Tavares at TUF Finale
babytater03
4/1/09 3:12:33PM
click

A lightweight contest between Melvin Guillard (21-7-2 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and Thiago Tavares (14-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) has been added to The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale fight card.

While the bout was originally reported as a possibility for UFC 101 in August, sources close to Guillard today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the fight will actually take place at The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale in June.

higdon10
4/1/09 4:36:59PM
Good matchup. I think that Tavares will take him down and pound him out.
manalito
4/1/09 4:52:21PM
Damn! For a TUF Finale, this card is seriously stacked.

Clay Guida vs. Diego Sanchez
Nate Diaz vs. Joe Stevenson
Matt Brown vs. Anthony Johnson
Kevin Burns vs. Chris Lytle
Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares
Brad Blackburn vs. Edgar Garcia

plus the TUF fights!!!
KaibaThedon
4/1/09 5:52:02PM
card is starting to look pretty damn good...

cant wait to see who has game from TUF9
prozacnation1978
4/1/09 5:55:52PM
they should have just added a fight night in july and move alot of those bouts to it
mshalosky
4/1/09 7:17:00PM
sounds like a good fight i think guillard is to explosive and will probably ko him.

next time make sure u get their records right tavares is 18-3 and guillard is 40-8-3 or idk maybe im wrong cuz on sherdog it says that ur right but on ufc.com they have them down at different recods
Mr_Dead_Sexy
4/1/09 11:50:58PM

Posted by mshalosky

sounds like a good fight i think guillard is to explosive and will probably ko him.

next time make sure u get their records right tavares is 18-3 and guillard is 40-8-3 or idk maybe im wrong cuz on sherdog it says that ur right but on ufc.com they have them down at different recods

UFC likes to fib records sometimes, or count exhibitions/amatuer fights towards pro records.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/09 1:59:43PM
Yeah the TUF Finale is stacked but hopefully UFC still have the TUF guys fight each other, the guy that didnt win the show. Cause alot of the guys deserve another shot.

This fight is still a toss up for me. Im thinking Tavares can survive guillards onslaught at first and then take him to the mat and finish him.