Guillard Talks UFC 86 Knockout Of The Night

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Guillard Talks UFC 86 Knockout Of The Night
MMAcca
7/8/08 1:36:54PM
Melvin Guillard's quick knockout win over Dennis Siver at UFC 86 garnered the Ultimate Fighter season two alumni a $60,000 Knockout of the Night bonus.

"It was a good victory,” Guillard told MMAWeekly.com. "I trained hard for it, and I was ready. I came in. I executed. I stayed focused, and I done my job."

In the opening exchange Guillard dropped Siver to the canvas with a punch and nearly ended the fight. "I thought I had him and I tried to rush it," said the New Orleans native when asked about the first knockdown. "He went for an arm bar. My coaches told me to back out and reset." And that's exactly what he did.

LINK
Jshep714
7/9/08 5:34:01AM
He looks like a brand new fighter now. That was a nice knockout and the old Melvin would have probably rushed it the first time and got arm bared but he was smart and backed out that first time he had him down.
whardin19
7/9/08 5:01:23PM
Good win by Guillard. But, I still only think he's a mid-level fighter. I'm not sure he's ever going to be able to even get in the top 10 of the UFC lightweight division.
TimW001
7/9/08 8:22:58PM
I hate his attitude and his voice.
RNC
7/9/08 11:20:05PM
A couple more fights will tell if he is really a brand new fighter.