Guillard Arrested on Drug Probation Violation

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Guillard Arrested on Drug Probation Violation
Wolfenstein
9/15/08 1:37:16PM
UFC lightweight contender Melvin Guillard was arrested Aug. 13 in Houston for violating probation on a 2007 drug charge, a Harris County deputy told Sherdog.com.

The 25-year-old New Orleans native is in custody at the Harris County jail in Houston, the deputy said last Thursday, and will be released to a drug treatment facility as soon as space becomes available per the terms of his recently amended probation.

link

Same old Melvin.
DCRage
9/15/08 1:46:24PM
Explains why he's off UFC 90.
emfleek
9/15/08 1:47:24PM

Posted by DCRage

Explains why he's off UFC 90.

...and on his way out of the UFC, possibly?
cowcatcher
9/15/08 1:48:06PM
no surprises here, its too bad when you look at how talented he could be, but if he doesnt want to straighten up and fly right why should we even care anymore.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/15/08 1:49:22PM
shocking
mikevolz
9/15/08 1:51:51PM
you lost me at "UFC lightweight contender"
DaMaGeInC
9/15/08 2:11:29PM
what a waste of talent and a career. can't picture Dana putting up with this to much longer, hopefully it was some dumb probation violation, but releasing him to a drug treatment facility he flunked a piss test or somethin along those lines, you'd thought he would have learned the first time. It's to bad
hodge
9/15/08 2:12:11PM
Good old Melvin, Gary Shaw is rubbing his hands together as we speak
tooly236
9/15/08 3:14:34PM
Cocaine is a bitch, I struggled with it and will struggle with it for the rest of my life. He has to quit for himself not for the UFC or he will always go back to it. I hope he can get the help he needs.
jiujitsufreak74
9/15/08 3:17:39PM

Posted by tooly236

Cocaine is a hell of a drug , I struggled with it and will struggle with it for the rest of my life. He has to quit for himself not for the UFC or he will always go back to it. I hope he can get the help he needs.

i fixed it for you
whardin19
9/15/08 3:34:40PM
Man, Melvin seriously has to get this taken care of. He's a heck of an althlete and a good fighter. But this cocaine addiction is getting the best of him. I think this may be his last straw in the UFC. Too bad too because I like to see him fight.
telnights
9/15/08 3:35:53PM
I cant say I'm shocked. Most people that have drug problems truly never quit. I seen this so many times in my old job. I hope he doesn't come back to the UFC. I think he gives MMA a bad name with his mouth, antics, and drug issues. In an interview Dana said (when Melvin got caught the first time) this was Guillard's last chance if he didn't get his life on track he wouldn't be back.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/15/08 4:01:32PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by tooly236

Cocaine is a hell of a drug , I struggled with it and will struggle with it for the rest of my life. He has to quit for himself not for the UFC or he will always go back to it. I hope he can get the help he needs.

i fixed it for you

i know this is gonna bring a lot of guillard haters in which might be warranted.....but drug addiction is not cool & i hope he gets his shit together....he's got way too much talent to blow it up his nose
babalu2720
9/15/08 5:41:38PM
This headline seems all to familiar, and anything less than a boot from the UFC is not enough of a punishment. He's been given many chances, and continues to screw them up. I'm done with him
bls1919
9/15/08 5:42:28PM
ITs too bad he cant get his shite straight. He has a lot of potential.
postman
9/15/08 8:34:54PM
Not Suprising but very sad to see. I have a few friends that like the powder and I hate when I see them on it. Hope he can take a step back and clean himself up.
saemskin
9/15/08 9:43:56PM
It wouldn't be so funny if he didn't act like such a jerk. When he was on the show and started babbling about how he would fight and beat anyone at any time, I'm the best, blah blah blah, I started to dislike him.
Then the Rich Clementi fight made me dislike him entirely... He deserves what he gets for being so arrogant.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/15/08 10:59:58PM
wow this guy is a constant source of humor.
WrestlersAssassin
9/15/08 11:52:15PM
Whats worse for him is that I think he would have KO'd Fisher since Fisher probably isnt gonna take him down (or try) unless hes getting the worst of it like Hermes did to him. Good riddance to Melvin but wouldnt be suprised if he comes back but the last thing big orgs need is more drug parody.
cloppio
9/16/08 2:58:26AM

Posted by mikevolz

you lost me at "UFC lightweight contender"

true