Guida vs. Maynard, Franklin vs. Le added to June's UFC on FX 4 event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Guida vs. Maynard, Franklin vs. Le added to June's UFC on FX 4 event
« Previous Page
casketcoin
3/20/12 2:10:04AM

Posted by Bubbles

Guida will have the gas tank to go all 5 and Maynard has been fading after 15 minutes his last 2 fights (though he did punch himself out in the first round 2 fights ago)

Le vs Franklin is a coin flip for me, but a great fight nonetheless

What I thought would be a boring decision has turned into Maynard knocking Guida the fuck out.

Franklin / Le will look similar to Wandy / Le up until Rich "Quarry's" Le early in the first.
Boo_Radley21
3/20/12 4:16:42AM

Posted by casketcoin

Posted by Bubbles

Guida will have the gas tank to go all 5 and Maynard has been fading after 15 minutes his last 2 fights (though he did punch himself out in the first round 2 fights ago)

Le vs Franklin is a coin flip for me, but a great fight nonetheless

What I thought would be a boring decision has turned into Maynard knocking Guida the fuck out.

Franklin / Le will look similar to Wandy / Le up until Rich "Quarry's" Le early in the first.

Yea, as much as I like Guida, hes done for, but Gray is in for a way tougher night than Franklin is
rush13
3/20/12 4:18:18AM

Posted by casketcoin

#1. Guida is never in a boring fight and #2 he doesn't get knocked out...still hasn't been in over 40 fights.

Boo_Radley21
3/20/12 4:34:05AM

Posted by rush13

Posted by casketcoin

#1. Guida is never in a boring fight and #2 he doesn't get knocked out...still hasn't been in over 40 fights.

*cough* tank vs cabbage 2 *cough* any one can get knocked out on any given night. they just gotta get cracked hard enough in the right spot
Cooler
3/22/12 11:30:34PM
I see Le vs Franklin differently then everyone. I'm not Franklin win any other way than to avoid the storm and I never like to pick a guy based off of how good he can take shots and avoid the other guys early sub attempts, power takedowns or heavy strikes. He probably cant take Cung down with that D-1 background, outstriking him will be very hard to do especially when fresh. I would ask Rich to clinch up a lot and keep it boring. People dont seem to be noticing that Rich is starting to wind down, he is slowly becoming less consistent in performance. For example, he got knocked down by Forrest Griffin, think about that for a minute, how many guys has Forrest hurt like that before? Thats right Never....Rich has definitely taken a decent amount of damage in his career, the Lyoto fight, The 2 Anderson fights, the Belfort fight, he got knocked down by Wandy, knocked down by Forrest, Lutter had his arm in a cinched up armabar that I cant believe he didnt tap from and Tanner knocked him down in the rematch. I dont like his chances in the first round with a dynamic southpaw striker, its his achilles heel. I've got Cung Le by Knockout. (sorry poor franklin, dont hate me bro)
KungFuMaster
3/23/12 1:44:23AM

Posted by Cooler

I see Le vs Franklin differently then everyone. I'm not Franklin win any other way than to avoid the storm and I never like to pick a guy based off of how good he can take shots and avoid the other guys early sub attempts, power takedowns or heavy strikes. He probably cant take Cung down with that D-1 background, outstriking him will be very hard to do especially when fresh. I would ask Rich to clinch up a lot and keep it boring. People dont seem to be noticing that Rich is starting to wind down, he is slowly becoming less consistent in performance. For example, he got knocked down by Forrest Griffin, think about that for a minute, how many guys has Forrest hurt like that before? Thats right Never....Rich has definitely taken a decent amount of damage in his career, the Lyoto fight, The 2 Anderson fights, the Belfort fight, he got knocked down by Wandy, knocked down by Forrest, Lutter had his arm in a cinched up armabar that I cant believe he didnt tap from and Tanner knocked him down in the rematch. I dont like his chances in the first round with a dynamic southpaw striker, its his achilles heel. I've got Cung Le by Knockout. (sorry poor franklin, dont hate me bro)

I'm not trying to make excuses for Franklin but you make it sound like he is not a good fighter.

First of all, Vitor was simply a better puncher. Second of all, Forrest was simply the bigger man. Those are very legitimate losses. Franklin vs Le is a pretty even match up IMO.
Pages: 1 [2]