Guida vs. Maynard, Franklin vs. Le added to June's UFC on FX 4 event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Guida vs. Maynard, Franklin vs. Le added to June's UFC on FX 4 event
Next Page »
Kpro
3/18/12 7:49:45PM
A pair of intriguing matchups are official for the UFC's June trip to Atlantic City, N.J., as Clay Guida meets Gray Maynard and Rich Franklin faces Cung Le.

UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for the fights, and bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

Guida vs. Maynard is the night's main event and will be contested as a five-round lightweight affair.

UFC officials in February announced that UFC on FX 4 takes place June 22 in Atlantic City, but a venue has yet to be named.

LINK
Playground_Samurai
3/18/12 7:53:32PM
Awesome match ups!

I wonder what weight the Franklin/Le fight will be at...
BuffaloDave
3/18/12 7:59:45PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Awesome match ups!

I wonder what weight the Franklin/Le fight will be at...

MW. According to Wiki, I checked the source from there, and it was taken from UFC's site.
prophecy033
3/18/12 8:49:27PM
Franklin vs Le should be one of the most entertaining fights of the year, with both wanting to keep it standing.
Maynard vs Guida will be crazy in my opinion. Clay always stays busy and pushes a frantic pace. Maynard will be ready tho and will be on his "A" game looking for the next shot at the LW Belt
It's fights like these that draw me in as a fan, the type of fights that persuade me to spend $44.99.
airkerma
3/18/12 8:49:35PM
This. Is. Awesome.
FastKnockout
3/18/12 8:52:38PM
I can't tell you how excited I am for Franklin vs. Le.
Chael_Sonnen
3/18/12 8:57:18PM

Posted by FastKnockout

The battle of the broken noses....Math Teacher vs Actor.
DrivenDavies15
3/18/12 9:08:24PM

Posted by prophecy033

Franklin vs Le should be one of the most entertaining fights of the year, with both wanting to keep it standing.
Maynard vs Guida will be crazy in my opinion. Clay always stays busy and pushes a frantic pace. Maynard will be ready tho and will be on his "A" game looking for the next shot at the LW Belt
It's fights like these that draw me in as a fan, the type of fights that persuade me to spend $44.99.

Well you dont have to cuz its free!!
Personally Franklin/Lee is really tough to pick, but I can't see it not being awesome
pmoney
3/18/12 9:10:21PM
Great matchups. I've been waiting a long time for Franklin to get back in there. This is definitely a winnable fight for ace.
Budgellism
3/18/12 9:16:37PM
Nice, I was wondering when we'd see Franklin back in the cage again. I like both match ups.
prophecy033
3/18/12 9:17:37PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Well you dont have to cuz its free!!

postman
3/18/12 10:18:39PM
I don't think Le has the power to put Franklin away. He could out point him. I just feel like Rich will win though. Hits Le and just swarms him.
Adrenaline
3/18/12 10:21:52PM

Inception Caveman
KungFuMaster
3/18/12 10:24:05PM

Posted by prophecy033

I agree. I love this match up. Both are tactical strikers who want nothing to do with the ground game.

My prediction is Le is going to be ahead on points but he will eventually get cracked by Franklin.
prozacnation1978
3/18/12 10:29:37PM
Very nice matches
Lesnar1
3/18/12 10:36:48PM
Franklin v Le should be a barnburner!!
Franklinfan47
3/18/12 10:47:49PM

Posted by FastKnockout

TeamDEY
3/18/12 11:03:25PM
Awesome... cant wait!
Pookie
3/18/12 11:33:58PM
I would be very surprised if Guida or Le won.
Kpro
3/18/12 11:39:08PM

Posted by Pookie

It's a 5 rounder and Guida can keep his pace for months and Gray starts tiring after 2. Not saying I'd pick Guida, but it wouldn't surprise me if it goes the distance.
Pookie
3/19/12 12:52:18AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

It's a 5 rounder and Guida can keep his pace for months and Gray starts tiring after 2...

When he's swinging and missing. I'd be surprised if Guida attempted to do anything other than Wrestle.
rush13
3/19/12 12:53:12AM
Great match-ups!!! Especially free tv...been waiting for Maynard/Guida to be announced for a while...it's almost guaranteed to go to a decision even being 5 rounds, if it was 3 rounds I'd favor Maynard but 5 rounds definitely favours Guida with his pace.
Franklin/Le has entertainment written all over it...Rich's power will be too much for Le at this point in his career.
theman209
3/19/12 1:18:07AM
Shouldn't this event really be UFC on FX 3??

Anyway, it seems that Rich is just quite content now to bounce between 205 and 185, taking whatever fights the UFC offer him. This guy used to be a champion and is someone I still have loads of respect for and dare I say it, maybe doesn't get the props he deserves for his role in the early UFC boom..

Maynard/Guida is another example of how you can throw any top lightweight together and at the same time, guarantee yourself a FOTN contender. If it's a five-rounder, then I gotta go with Clay. The guy's been so close to a title shot on multiple occasions and if he puts it all together, he's a helluva challenge for anybody with his caveman style. C'mon Clay, no more losses until you're fighting for the belt..
Boo_Radley21
3/19/12 2:09:18AM
both of these fights are wicked. it's been a while since franklins fought but i see him putting a whipping on le.

Maynard vs Guida will be closer, but I gotta go with gray on this one.
Poor_Franklin
3/19/12 3:27:07AM
very very awesome. Like this fight for Rich.
BuffaloDave
3/19/12 11:05:55AM
Seems some people are confused, Franklin vs. Le is happening at UFC 148 not at FX4.
gartface
3/19/12 11:54:27AM
Wow!

Both are amazing fights. Joe Silva and Sean Shelby get better at their jobs every day, it seems.
Bubbles
3/19/12 1:40:58PM
Guida will have the gas tank to go all 5 and Maynard has been fading after 15 minutes his last 2 fights (though he did punch himself out in the first round 2 fights ago)

Le vs Franklin is a coin flip for me, but a great fight nonetheless
rush13
3/19/12 7:11:50PM

Posted by gartface

Wow!

Both are amazing fights. Joe Silva and Sean Shelby get better at their jobs every day, it seems.

Except for them making Barao vs Hougland
mrsmiley
3/19/12 8:29:19PM
Cant' wait for Le and Franklin. My first thought was that Franklin will win this easy but after thinking back to his fight with Griffin I'm not so sure.
I wonder how much of a hamper that arm will be?
Pages: [1] 2