Guida VS Danzig

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Guida VS Danzig
Cdellorso
9/8/08 1:33:39PM
A while back there was a thread on what fighters you root for or pick no matter who they fight- and what fighters do you always cheer for to lose..

Guida was very high on the list of most rooted for and its obvious why- his fights are exciting- he has huge heart and energy and I can rember him ever not having top notch Cardio-
Danzig seemed to rub alot of people the wrong way on TUF-
I think its a pretty good matchup. I am having a hard time because i want to pick with my head not my heart... who do you like to win this? why??

tepid55
9/8/08 1:59:45PM
I think Guida will win a decision due to his great wrestling skills.
Pookie
9/8/08 5:02:51PM
Guida will win.

Mac Danzig was handled by Clay French, if he cant sub French off his back then he cant sub guida either.

Guida UD
bullettdodger
9/8/08 7:32:45PM

Posted by Pookie

Guida will win.

Mac Danzig was handled by Clay French, if he cant sub French off his back then he cant sub guida either.

Guida UD

Couldn't agree with you more Pook, though French isn't a complete slob, he isn't on the same level as Clay Guida when it comes to intensity, GnP prowes, and not to mention all around heart. I got Guida by UD too.
handstrong
9/14/08 11:58:06PM

Posted by Cdellorso

A while back there was a thread on what fighters you root for or pick no matter who they fight- and what fighters do you always cheer for to lose..

Guida was very high on the list of most rooted for and its obvious why- his fights are exciting- he has huge heart and energy and I can rember him ever not having top notch Cardio-
Danzig seemed to rub alot of people the wrong way on TUF-
I think its a pretty good matchup. I am having a hard time because i want to pick with my head not my heart... who do you like to win this? why??

What I wanted to post was that Guida was one of those guys that I hope doesn't go down the Patrick Cote road from about a year ago. Being a guy who puts on great fights, totally likeable, but not quite good enough to finish fights consistently. Patrick has turned it around. Hopefully Guida can start stringing 2/3 fight win streaks and put away a real top 10 guy. I'd hate to see him end up just quietly dissapearing after a 2 fight losing streak, like so many fighters that have never been champions seem to do. I'm gonna go with my heart and my head on this one. I think Clay is going to be too tenatious for Danzig. Plus, I think this is a fight he really needs to win so he can get a sniff at top 10 consideration. He's so close.

So here goes... Guida by submission 2nd round.
Wolfenstein
9/15/08 12:21:06AM
Mac has struggled when he faces top competition. Pellegrino, Sakurai, and Clay French are the best fighters he has faced and he's lost to them all.

Guida has ha his share of up and downs but he has beaten Josh Thompson and Marcus Aurelio (he should have won over Tyson Griffen as well). Those are top fighters and Mac just isn't at that level.

Danzig will probably spend the majority of the fight off his back and while I think he's okay off his back it's not his forte. He has short legs so it's difficult for him to secure some submissions like triangle chokes. He only has two career wins from his back.

Danzig is tough so I think he can take Guida's punishment but I see this going to Guida by UD.