Guida -VS- Huerta - WHO WILL WIN?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Guida -VS- Huerta - WHO WILL WIN?
Next Page »
POLL: How will the fight end?
Guida win KO/TKO 9% (10)
Guida win Sub 5% (5)
Guida win Decision 37% (40)
Huerta win KO/TKO 14% (15)
Huerta win Sub 5% (5)
Huerta win Decision 31% (33)
CornishMMA
10/10/07 7:07:21AM
Well so far on this site the picks are like this -

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (165) 48%
Roger "El Matador" Huerta (178) 52%

I expect it to stay close but maybe Huerta upped to about 60%

But im very very very confident in Clay taking this one, Roger has displayed zero KO power, Clay is such a better wrestler he can have his way with him, he may not be able to sub him but i see him winning a decent 30-27 UD, Huerta has been made to look good by fighting ufc debutants but even then he aint looked terrific against guys like Evans who won the 1st round and then Crane who Roger couldnt finish

Any Huerta fanboys disagree and want to enlighten as to how he could win?
babalu2720
10/10/07 7:10:01AM
I say Clay by split decision...he'll get a takedown and I agree that Roger has had some trouble finishing lackluster opponets, he finished them, but much later than it should have been. Clay has faced a much better list of competition and will be ready, I only say Split Decsion cuz 1 judge will try and save Dana's posterboy so he will give Roger the decision
ghosted3
10/10/07 7:21:59AM
Huerta by decision, he is the poster boy for the latino community so they will make sure he wins reguardless of who wins in the cage.
CornishMMA
10/10/07 7:32:26AM

Posted by babalu2720

I say Clay by split decision...he'll get a takedown and I agree that Roger has had some trouble finishing lackluster opponets, he finished them, but much later than it should have been. Clay has faced a much better list of competition and will be ready, I only say Split Decsion cuz 1 judge will try and save Dana's posterboy so he will give Roger the decision

Ya know what i find that very very likely as well, what with Clay losing 2 (1 split) baloney decisions in a row i very nearly picked him to beat Aurelio by split but didnt and just chose UD in the end, but there is nearly always 1 retarded judges nowadays and there have been so many recently i wouldnt be at all surprised to see another in this fight

A Huerta loss wouldnt ruin the Hispanic posterboy anyway, he could come back and beat another UFC debutant

Freakishly Clay is actually 4-4 in his last 8 fights but that includes yet another split loss to Melendez, he has improved alot since his crazy loss to Yunker and the writing is on the wall for Clay to win this fight with his vastly superior wrestling
drunkel
10/10/07 10:35:49AM
I'm taking Guida, he just looks like he has more power and wrestling skills than Huerta.

my two pennies
warglory
10/10/07 12:12:01PM
I got Huerta by decision. I think Roger is a very smart fighter and will show off the doubters in this bout.
NatedawgThaM
10/10/07 12:17:38PM
Guida by decision no doubt...

He's way bigger then Huerta and I think they both are GNP guys? They both will make this a fast paced fight. But I think it's in Guida's best interest to finish this fight. I mean he got robbed against Tyson Griffin becuase they are trying to hype Griffin up like crazy but they are trying to hype Hueta up even more so if it' 30-27 for Guida in this fight like it was IN ALOT of our minds for Hamil-Bispin they will find excuses to give it to Huerta...

but I think Stand up this will be a close all out war but Guida is big and will overpower Huerta on the ground and it will be a WAR!!!

I'm predicting UD for Guida or atleast that's how it will look but if he does win a decision I guess it would be safe to say Split...
nickcuc547
10/10/07 1:20:26PM
guida by decision, he will take advantage of huerta's sloppiness. it will be close but guida will pull it out.
CornishMMA
10/10/07 1:28:42PM
Here are some quotes from the 2 guys from MMA WEEKLY

“I can’t even describe in words how awesome this is,” Guida said about headlining the show. “It’s something that I didn’t think would be happening this soon in my career.”

“I think it’s a fight that needs to happen,” he continued. “This has fight of the year written all over it.”

Huerta concurred, “It’s a great fight. It’ll be good for both of us. I’m not going to hold anything back and neither is Clay. This definitely could be … fight of the year.”

Having just settled down in a new house in St. Paul, Minn., Huerta also hopes this fight will silence his doubters.

“It’ll answer a lot of questions about me for people about me not fighting a name opponent. Clay I a great opponent, a great fighter with a lot of energy and determination.”

Huerta and Guida will fight in the main event at the Palms on Dec. 8 on Spike TV.

bullettdodger
10/10/07 2:32:30PM
The Carpenter... most hardcore... epic nickname ever.... Guida by decision ya'll!
jiujitsufreak74
10/10/07 2:54:21PM
i think this is going to be one of the fastest paced fights we have yet to see. i love both of these fighters as they always put on a show and fight 110% the whole time. this one is probably going to go the distance, with guida showing his superior wrestling skills. now don't underestimate huertas wrestling as he was able to fend off evans, who is a great wrestler despite what he showed. smart money says guida will win by decision, but i wouldn't be surprised if huerta wins by decision or even with a lucky punch. huerta is my favorite fighter to watch and i picked him on my fantasy ony because i love him soo much, but if my life depended on it i would pick guida in this one. guida just looked too good in his last couple of fights and i feel he beat griffin.
loller90278
10/10/07 3:02:26PM
is it just me that thinks that guida isn't very good at anything? his striking is horrible, horrible jiu jitsu.. the only thing he has going for him is his subpar wrestling skills and cardio.. i think huerta has much more talent (impressed me in the crane fight) on the ground, and much more talent (impressed me in the garcia fight) standing up.

if guida doesnt grind this one out and lay on top of him doing nothing too much for 3 rounds, i say huerta wins. but most probably guida is gonna get the decision
pv3Hpv3p
10/10/07 4:46:04PM

Posted by loller90278

is it just me that thinks that guida isn't very good at anything? his striking is horrible, horrible jiu jitsu.. the only thing he has going for him is his subpar wrestling skills and cardio.. i think huerta has much more talent (impressed me in the crane fight) on the ground, and much more talent (impressed me in the garcia fight) standing up.

if guida doesnt grind this one out and lay on top of him doing nothing too much for 3 rounds, i say huerta wins. but most probably guida is gonna get the decision

It's just you...

subpar cardio??? Dude goies to dec almost every fight and never gases
fedorwins1
10/10/07 5:03:25PM

Posted by loller90278

Hmmm I think someone needs a history lesson, go watch Guida vs Melendez. Guida has better striking IMO than Huerta, Huerta has bad wrestling (Guida has good wrestling), BJJ is about the same, cardio is about the same also. I think Guida will outwork Huerta and control where the fight goes.
CornishMMA
10/12/07 7:12:30AM
Look at the amount of people picking it by decision, spose that makes sense when its deemed as a close fight, i can see Clay GnPing him but maybe decision is the smartest pick tbh

Wonder if this will be the hot bout? Or wil the TUF6 Finals be close like last time and grab that spot?
crixa1
10/15/07 2:57:04AM
i got huerta. i think he is gonna get his fourth tko.
keith-hackney1
10/15/07 3:47:33PM
guida will win by split dec.
EvilScott
10/15/07 6:01:58PM
Huerta's had problems with the journeyman wrestlers the UFC has been feeding him - remember he's just been fighting debuting fighters for a while now.

Guida has been in there with the best in the division - and he's a hell of a wrestler.

I don't see this going well for Huerta.
CornishMMA
11/9/07 4:47:52AM

Posted by EvilScott

Huerta's had problems with the journeyman wrestlers the UFC has been feeding him - remember he's just been fighting debuting fighters for a while now.

Guida has been in there with the best in the division - and he's a hell of a wrestler.

I don't see this going well for Huerta.

But its a simlar thing with the Edgar Fisher fight, i KNOW Edgar/Guida can take their opponent down and win that way but they have both got a love for "puttong on a good show" and staying standing and slugging, particularly Clay who did that quite alot against Tyson instead of looking for the takedown, stick to what youre best at i say
CornishMMA
11/9/07 5:58:05AM
Im still surprised by the poll results, where are all the Huerta fanboys who think hes the toughest LW on the planet?

Currently its 37-30 to Clay

BUT

The picks on the site are currently like this -

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (1376) 40%

Roger "El Matador" Huerta (2078) 60%

Thats more what i expected, and clearly by Decision is the smartest pick to make
NatedawgThaM
11/9/07 8:04:33AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Im still surprised by the poll results, where are all the Huerta fanboys who think hes the toughest LW on the planet?

Currently its 37-30 to Clay

BUT

The picks on the site are currently like this -

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (1376) 40%

Roger "El Matador" Huerta (2078) 60%

Thats more what i expected, and clearly by Decision is the smartest pick to make

Darn, alot of people are gonna lose there money on the site

Guida will out wrestle him(NOT LNP!!!) he will outstrike him and there JJ is about the same. Heurta has been beating no names. Guida has fought the best. If Huerta comes in with the same attitude he had with those ther debuting fighters against Guida, he's going to be hurt really bad.

IMO Huerta is overrated for the Garcia fight. Garcia came in on two weeks notice and wasn't aggressive at all. Guida is going to kill him...
Jackelope
11/9/07 11:22:51AM

Posted by loller90278

LOL apparently someone does need a history lesson. Guida has probably one of the best scrambles and best shoots in the LW division. Maybe you missed his fights before, or you didn't watch the war between he and Tyson Griffin which aired on UFC Unleashed this week. Three round war that never stopped in action.

In my opinion this is an easy pick for a Guida decision. Guida constantly works to finish his opponents and smother them with shoot after shoot and fist after foot after fist. Huerta's got good cardio, too but I see him getting frustrated with the Guida onslaught and losing his will for the fight.
KissMyBallz
11/9/07 12:36:07PM
Guida is a very technical MMA fighter. Huerta seems to play just off emotion, basically reminds me of a street fighter.

After watching IMO the best MMA fight of the year in Guida/Griffin, there is no way in hell Huerta can beat Guida. Guida is arguably a #2 or #3 guy in his weight class (that's just my opnion), and Huerta isnt gonna have enough. It's just not gonna happen. Guida is too sharp all around.
CornishMMA
11/10/07 9:47:19AM
Yep i also think Huerta would lose to the 2 other common opponents and similar fighters - Tyson and Edgar

Damn i thought i was going to be in the minority in knowing Clay will win, its good its 60/40 but i was hoping for there to be more Huerta fanboys who dont guage quality of opponents, oh and yeah its still LOL at a Clay LNP win
kofranklin
11/10/07 10:40:28AM
Huerta by decision.
Aaronno9
11/10/07 11:06:00AM
I cant see any area which rodger could take this fight. I think his best chance is mabeys sneaking a sub for the bottom, and i tihnk clay will gnp his way to a UD.
Franklinfan47
11/12/07 12:55:51AM
I think we can all agree its going to be a very tough fight for both fighters. I see Huerta pulling out the unanimous decison over Clay.
loller90278
11/12/07 2:19:05AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by loller90278

LOL apparently someone does need a history lesson. Guida has probably one of the best scrambles and best shoots in the LW division. Maybe you missed his fights before, or you didn't watch the war between he and Tyson Griffin which aired on UFC Unleashed this week. Three round war that never stopped in action.

In my opinion this is an easy pick for a Guida decision. Guida constantly works to finish his opponents and smother them with shoot after shoot and fist after foot after fist. Huerta's got good cardio, too but I see him getting frustrated with the Guida onslaught and losing his will for the fight.

you can possibly compare this fight to tyson griffin vs guida, or u can compare it to gil melendez vs guida.. in my mind im comparing it to the latter.

yeah guida is a workhorse and he hustles his butt for all 3 rounds and lays it all out on the table but i just think that huerta has a lot more talent, or potential for talent than he has.

you guys can say that huerta has been fighting cans but his last opponent is a BJJ blackbelt and is one of the best in the world, and not only did huerta not get subbed, but he almost pulled a kimura on him!

we'll see how this fight goes.
CornishMMA
11/12/07 7:12:29AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I think we can all agree its going to be a very tough fight for both fighters. I see Huerta pulling out the unanimous decison over Clay.

No i dont agree
I think its a fast exciting LW fight but theres little doubt Clay takes it 30-27
gartface
11/12/07 8:30:30AM
Both guys have amazing cardio, and Guida has a chin from hell. I think that Guida is involved in another controversial split decision, but this time in his favor.
Pages: [1] 2