Guess Sonnen had nothin to say face to face today.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Guess Sonnen had nothin to say face to face today.
« Previous Page
Pookie
7/4/12 5:44:17AM
Well if everything matters, the injured ribs matter.

SpiderSilva
7/4/12 10:28:31AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Really? Go watch Sonnen vs Filho 1 and get back to me. Your talking about all this fight research you should have at least known that Sonnen botched that dominating performance. Few secs left at the end of rd 2 almost like the Silva fight.

I prefer to use more recent fights as a better gauge of a fighter than something 6 years ago or w/e. Sonnen's fights with Okami and Marquardt and Stann are a little more telling than Filho 1...otherwise a tiny WW will beat Silva every day with obscure takedowns

No way man Okami couldn't do anything to Silva and his bread and butter is taking people down I would even venture to say Okami is the #2 wrestler at 185 in the ufc. didn't Lutter take Silva down because he ate a flying knee or Silva missed it?

Plus why wouldn't you look at that fight? Its not like Sonnen changed his style sense then.

If you look at each fighters last fights with your theory.

Silva v Okami
Sonnen v Bisping

Silva picked apart a top wrestler in the division

Sonnen struggled with a kickboxer

Based on the way those 2 fights turned out why wouldn't you think Silva was going to win.

Also you don't like looking at older fights so lets throw out Silva Sonnen 1 cause that was 2 years ago.

Silva 4 the win!!!!!!
Bubbles
7/4/12 5:15:23PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

No way man Okami couldn't do anything to Silva and his bread and butter is taking people down I would even venture to say Okami is the #2 wrestler at 185 in the ufc. didn't Lutter take Silva down because he ate a flying knee or Silva missed it?

Plus why wouldn't you look at that fight? Its not like Sonnen changed his style sense then.

If you look at each fighters last fights with your theory.

Silva v Okami
Sonnen v Bisping

Silva picked apart a top wrestler in the division

Sonnen struggled with a kickboxer

Based on the way those 2 fights turned out why wouldn't you think Silva was going to win.

Also you don't like looking at older fights so lets throw out Silva Sonnen 1 cause that was 2 years ago.

Silva 4 the win!!!!!!

You couldn't be reaching any more with that. Okami and Sonnen are 2 completely different wrestlers. One shoots from the outside and powers and wills his way to bring you down, the other clinches and takes you down. Its like comparing Evans to Couture. Bisping has some of the best TDD in the sport. Evans and Hamill, 2 much bigger fighters than Sonnen, didn't have an easy time with TDs and you expect Sonnen to do it with ease? Anderson wishes he had half the TDD Bisping has.

Silva hasn't changed his style either since he got scissor swept either, so under you line of thinking it is perfectly reasonable to include that fight. A fight 2 years ago is a little more valid than something 6 years ago, otherwise Tim Sylvia is still able to be a top 5 HW
warglory
7/4/12 10:10:05PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Should I have said I'll always take the undefeated(in ufc)champion over the guy who always blows fights he's winning? Does my post not say I knew the fight would be won in later rds? I knew Sonnen would grind Silva like that. Silva has an elbow that's going to end Sonnens night this time. It's clear Sonnen can't finish Silva from a dominate position from where Sonnen is best.

Always blows fights when he's winning? The explain how he even has a win on his record.

I picked Silva 4th round TKO, I also knew he would win in the later rounds...so what? That has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. You completely disregarded what happened during the fight and only looked at the result, as you just pointed out in the above post

btw when was the last time you saw someone end a fight from guard after a TD when his opponent was not rocked or dazed? I can only recall one (Jorgenson vs Stone). Finishing a fight from top guard is pretty difficult in itself...and Sonnen enjoys sitting there and delivering hundreds of punches and elbows.

Really? Go watch Sonnen vs Filho 1 and get back to me. Your talking about all this fight research you should have at least known that Sonnen botched that dominating performance. Few secs left at the end of rd 2 almost like the Silva fight.

You ignore the fact that Sonnen goes balls out against BJJ masters, Filho being one of them. When you do this, you risk getting submitted. I seem to recall Silva not wanting anything to do with Thales Leites, coasting his way to an easy victory. Sonnen could have done the same thing against Anderson, but he didn't, and it cost him.
SpiderSilva
7/4/12 11:02:17PM
What? In the countdown show he said he was coasting at the end when he got submitted. If leites wanted the title he could have tried harder not fall on his but. Every time Silva went to engage in that fight leites got scared.

That comment does not support Sonnen at all.
Hendo67
7/5/12 2:03:43PM
Demian Maia?
warglory
7/7/12 7:01:45PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

What? In the countdown show he said he was coasting at the end when he got submitted. If leites wanted the title he could have tried harder not fall on his but. Every time Silva went to engage in that fight leites got scared.

That comment does not support Sonnen at all.

Sonnen was diving into Silva's guard the entire fight. The point is, he if really was playing it safe in the last round, it would have been an easy victory for him.

Pages: 1 [2]