Guess Sonnen had nothin to say face to face today.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Guess Sonnen had nothin to say face to face today.
Next Page »
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 5:30:18PM
I know it's been posted but not by me. Sonnen can't even look him in the eye. He is going to sleep in 4 daysWatch Anderson Alpha Sonnen up
pmoney
7/3/12 5:47:02PM
Why talk trash face to face with the guy when Silva would just pretend not to understand him?
J/k, should've let Chael_Sonnen handle that one. That was a crazy staredown though, I don't recall the last time a staredown got grimey like that, save for a Diaz being involved...
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 5:59:12PM
Anyone ever see the Anderson Silva v Lee Murray weigh in stare down? Now that was epic!

Before Lee Murray got picked apart by Silva this happened
Chael_Sonnen
7/3/12 6:05:06PM
Remember who picked a fight with who? If it was up to An-der-son, he would be fighting Patrick Cote at 148.

Bones doesn't look at his prey in the eyes at the staredowns...if it works for the 205 champ, then it certainly works for the 185 champ (Chael)
prophecy033
7/3/12 6:17:44PM
Lots of guys pick fights and lose....go to your local bar sometime
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 6:18:54PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Remember who picked a fight with who? If it was up to An-der-son, he would be fighting Patrick Cote at 148.

Bones doesn't look at his prey in the eyes at the staredowns...if it works for the 205 champ, then it certainly works for the 185 champ (Chael)

Bones looks in their eyes in the cage

SEE

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
SmileR
7/3/12 6:35:12PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Bones looks in their eyes in the cage

SEE

So does Sonnen. . .
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Chael_Sonnen
7/3/12 7:02:38PM
No lookie in the face Ahh, feelings must have been hurt

He was terrified two years ago and even more so in 2012.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Chael_Sonnen
7/3/12 7:05:41PM

Posted by prophecy033

Bar patrons = closet fighters.....FAILURE
prophecy033
7/3/12 7:15:08PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by prophecy033

Bar patrons = closet fighters.....FAILURE

Epic Failure. Point is tho, people talk shit, they get popped
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 7:19:14PM
Sonnon was forced to stare into the eyes of defeat here.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 7:21:17PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

No lookie in the face Ahh, feelings must have been hurt

He was terrified two years ago and even more so in 2012.

I believe that was payback for this a few days earlier.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BlueSkiesBurn
7/3/12 9:14:42PM
Sonnen beat the hell out of Silva for 23 minutes. He beat his ass standing. He beat his ass against the cage and he beat his ass on the ground. I still do not see how this is being looked past. This was not a close fight. Silva got the W, good. I'll take away that bullet.

Still, NOTHING about that submission, this staredown, & Anderson's personality should cloud you from the fact that Silva was beaten like a red-headed step child, to the point that there were probably several 10-8 rounds based on Silva's COMPLETE lack of offense.

You say Silva's fired up? I say Chael's fired up. I'm going to take the guy who beat the hell out of the other guy for 23 minutes of a 25 minute fight EVERY, SINGLE time.
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 10:42:37PM
I'll take a guy who wins every time. All this beat his ass talk and he didn't finish the fight. All that 20+ min beatdown didn't mean shit. Sonnen was FINISHED. ShitI knew it would go down that way. I had Silva 4 rd sub for a reason. Now lets throw the super high testosterone levels out and add a healthy Silva in and watch him KO Sonnen this time.
Bubbles
7/3/12 10:43:53PM
Silva acted like your typical high school tough guy
Bubbles
7/3/12 10:47:12PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I'll take a guy who wins every time. All this beat his ass talk and he didn't finish the fight. All that 20+ min beatdown didn't mean shit. Sonnen was FINISHED. ShitI knew it would go down that way. I had Silva 4 rd sub for a reason. Now lets throw the super high testosterone levels out and add a healthy Silva in and watch him KO Sonnen this time.

why bother watching fights then, or any sport for that matter, if what you read on the box score is the only thing that matters? There is no need to sit through 2h of a football or hockey game when you can see the result as the game ends and you can make whatever blind assumptions you want. Same thing with fights, just look at the sherdog's event card for results at midnight
BlueSkiesBurn
7/3/12 10:51:40PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I'm just curious if we have been watching the same sport. Do you HONESTLY believe it was Silva's "ribs" that allowed Sonnen to take him down? Was it his ribs that were hurting when Sonnen punched him in the face, dropping him 4 times?

I'm just curious. American high-level wrestling vs. a striker with defensive jiu-jitsu.

Lutter had no problems taking Silva down, Henderson had no problems taking Silva down, Sonnen had ZERO issues taking him down repeatedly. It wasn't the ribs, dude. It's what happens when when a dynamic striker fights a wrestler. Pitbull Alves got held down and beaten for 5 rounds by GSP. Hardy was held down and beaten for 5 rounds against GSP.

Silva might be a black belt under the Nogueira's, but he's far from an offensive BJJ practitioner. He's a striker first.

It's not the ribs. Quit blaming the ribs. It's that Silva has never cared about wrestling. He will tell you that he believes BJJ is better, but everyone blames the ribs.
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 11:01:53PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

why bother watching fights then, or any sport for that matter, if what you read on the box score is the only thing that matters? There is no need to sit through 2h of a football or hockey game when you can see the result as the game ends and you can make whatever blind assumptions you want. Same thing with fights, just look at the sherdog's event card for results at midnight

Should I have said I'll always take the undefeated(in ufc)champion over the guy who always blows fights he's winning? Does my post not say I knew the fight would be won in later rds? I knew Sonnen would grind Silva like that. Silva has an elbow that's going to end Sonnens night this time. It's clear Sonnen can't finish Silva from a dominate position from where Sonnen is best.
Bubbles
7/3/12 11:09:54PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by SpiderSilva

I'm just curious if we have been watching the same sport. Do you HONESTLY believe it was Silva's "ribs" that allowed Sonnen to take him down? Was it his ribs that were hurting when Sonnen punched him in the face, dropping him 4 times?

I'm just curious. American high-level wrestling vs. a striker with defensive jiu-jitsu.

Lutter had no problems taking Silva down, Henderson had no problems taking Silva down, Sonnen had ZERO issues taking him down repeatedly. It wasn't the ribs, dude. It's what happens when when a dynamic striker fights a wrestler. Pitbull Alves got held down and beaten for 5 rounds by GSP. Hardy was held down and beaten for 5 rounds against GSP.

Silva might be a black belt under the Nogueira's, but he's far from an offensive BJJ practitioner. He's a striker first.

It's not the ribs. Quit blaming the ribs. It's that Silva has never cared about wrestling. He will tell you that he believes BJJ is better, but everyone blames the ribs.

it's all they have to rationalize his performance after their fighter got his ass handed to him. I don't believe for a second he had broken ribs going into the fight, rather Sonnen breaking them during the fight, but that's just me.
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 11:11:27PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by SpiderSilva

Not sure where I said ribs? Dude was injured I never said that was the reason he was taken down. Everyone knew Sonnen would take Silva down.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/3/12 11:14:53PM
You said a "healthy" Silva. The only thing supposedly wrong with him was his ribs. Nothing else you could have meant.
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 11:19:02PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by SpiderSilva

it's all they have to rationalize his performance after their fighter got his ass handed to him. I don't believe for a second he had broken ribs going into the fight, rather Sonnen breaking them during the fight, but that's just me.

In the end Silva FINISHED Sonnen with those injured ribs. Sonnen won 23 mins of the fight then was SUBMITTED. The only thing that mattered in the end is who won. Everyone can bring up any stats they want in that fight think whatever they want Silva won.

We all know what Sonnen is going to do Saturday. But lets all see what Silva does.
Bubbles
7/3/12 11:19:41PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Should I have said I'll always take the undefeated(in ufc)champion over the guy who always blows fights he's winning? Does my post not say I knew the fight would be won in later rds? I knew Sonnen would grind Silva like that. Silva has an elbow that's going to end Sonnens night this time. It's clear Sonnen can't finish Silva from a dominate position from where Sonnen is best.

Always blows fights when he's winning? The explain how he even has a win on his record.

I picked Silva 4th round TKO, I also knew he would win in the later rounds...so what? That has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. You completely disregarded what happened during the fight and only looked at the result, as you just pointed out in the above post

btw when was the last time you saw someone end a fight from guard after a TD when his opponent was not rocked or dazed? I can only recall one (Jorgenson vs Stone). Finishing a fight from top guard is pretty difficult in itself...and Sonnen enjoys sitting there and delivering hundreds of punches and elbows.
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 11:20:18PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You said a "healthy" Silva. The only thing supposedly wrong with him was his ribs. Nothing else you could have meant.

yeah he won the fight with injured ribs right? Okay. We solved that.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/3/12 11:23:20PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

In the end Silva FINISHED Sonnen with those injured ribs. Sonnen won 23 mins of the fight then was SUBMITTED. The only thing that mattered in the end is who won. Everyone can bring up any stats they want in that fight think whatever they want Silva won.

We all know what Sonnen is going to do Saturday. But lets all see what Silva does.

If that was the only thing that mattered, we wouldn't need networks like ESPN to break down our sports. If that's the only thing that mattered, LSU would have been the favorite and expected to win when they rematched Alabama in the National Championship.

Everything MATTERS, dude. You won't find an athlete alive who seriously believes that wins and losses are the only thing that matters. If that was the case, they wouldn't watch film of past games. They wouldn't fix holes in their week to week. Every minute matters. If you honestly believe that Chael's ability to COMPLETELY neutralize one of the greatest fighters in the world for 23 minutes of a fight doesn't matter, I don't know what to tell you.

You're the blind one, not me.
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 11:33:10PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Always blows fights when he's winning? The explain how he even has a win on his record.

I picked Silva 4th round TKO, I also knew he would win in the later rounds...so what? That has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. You completely disregarded what happened during the fight and only looked at the result, as you just pointed out in the above post

btw when was the last time you saw someone end a fight from guard after a TD when his opponent was not rocked or dazed? I can only recall one (Jorgenson vs Stone). Finishing a fight from top guard is pretty difficult in itself...and Sonnen enjoys sitting there and delivering hundreds of punches and elbows.

Really? Go watch Sonnen vs Filho 1 and get back to me. Your talking about all this fight research you should have at least known that Sonnen botched that dominating performance. Few secs left at the end of rd 2 almost like the Silva fight.
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 11:43:02PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by SpiderSilva

If that was the only thing that mattered, we wouldn't need networks like ESPN to break down our sports. If that's the only thing that mattered, LSU would have been the favorite and expected to win when they rematched Alabama in the National Championship.

Everything MATTERS, dude. You won't find an athlete alive who seriously believes that wins and losses are the only thing that matters. If that was the case, they wouldn't watch film of past games. They wouldn't fix holes in their week to week. Every minute matters. If you honestly believe that Chael's ability to COMPLETELY neutralize one of the greatest fighters in the world for 23 minutes of a fight doesn't matter, I don't know what to tell you.

You're the blind one, not me.

Hahaha not blind Blue. Just my favorite fighter. Thought you woulda figured it out by now my man.

Let me give it to ya in football terms cause I know you love your a football.

I'm a life long Denver Broncos fan. Do you think I would ever say to anyone my Broncos would lose to their team? Fuck no. You think I told anyone I thought the pats a superior team in the playoffs would beat my Broncos? Hell no I will always pick the Denver Broncos to win.

Bubbles
7/3/12 11:53:41PM

Posted by SpiderSilva
Hahaha not blind Blue. Just my favorite fighter. Thought you woulda figured it out by now my man.

I'm a life long Denver Broncos fan. Do you think I would ever say to anyone my Broncos would lose to their team? Fuck no. You think I told anyone I thought the pats a superior team in the playoffs would beat my Broncos? Hell no I will always pick the Denver Broncos to win.

well now that they actually have a QB, you have a chance at being right
Bubbles
7/3/12 11:57:58PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Really? Go watch Sonnen vs Filho 1 and get back to me. Your talking about all this fight research you should have at least known that Sonnen botched that dominating performance. Few secs left at the end of rd 2 almost like the Silva fight.

I prefer to use more recent fights as a better gauge of a fighter than something 6 years ago or w/e. Sonnen's fights with Okami and Marquardt and Stann are a little more telling than Filho 1...otherwise a tiny WW will beat Silva every day with obscure takedowns
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/12 12:02:29AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

You win this round with a well played argument that I can wrap my head around. Kudos to you, sir. I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from now.
Pages: [1] 2