GSP Wants To Be A Legend

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GSP Wants To Be A Legend
MMAcca
11/24/08 1:14:09PM
Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight titleholder Georges "Rush" St. Pierre won a split decision over B.J. Penn at UFC 58 on March 4, 2006 in a non-title fight. The rematch is set for Jan. 31 and St. Pierre wants to solidify his name as a legend in the sport of mixed martial arts with another win over Penn.

Both are current UFC champions ranked No.1 in their weight classes. Each are considered amongst the top pound-for-pound fighters in the world. They're in their primes. This is a mega-fight.

"He's the guy that I want to fight. He's my best challenge right now, and he's the guy that I want to fight," St. Pierre told MMAWeekly.com recently. "I have to fight guys like B.J. to make myself a legend in this sport.

"When you're a world champion you have to set your goal even higher. I don't want to fight to be champion anymore because I'm already champion.

LINK
xAcidburNx
11/24/08 4:10:08PM
this is gonna be a sick fight. GSP by UD fight of the night WOO WOO!!!
aaa9erh8er
11/24/08 4:22:02PM
fotn for sure but ithinking this could have FOTY potential. both have sicks takedown defence good ground games and both are ever improving in striking and really every where. i dont no why but i just cant like b.j i respect him and no hes good but idk tuf killed him for me. now gsp is the man nothen but love for him so im choosing him by UD.
Twenty20Dollars
11/24/08 5:39:05PM
gsp will be a legend.
The-Don
11/24/08 7:23:21PM
both are easy hall of famers already and both are legends in the making.. this fight win or lose could push both of them closer to that status. or one on the fast track to legend status.
holt8081
11/24/08 7:56:20PM
yes it will be a great fight no matter what happens but I see BJ with a TKO in round 3 or 4
Rush
11/24/08 8:34:30PM

GSP Wants To Be A Legend

Don't we all.
miphi1991
11/25/08 11:09:03AM
For me what defines a "legend" in the sport of MMA is a defining moment. For me neither of these fighters has YET giving me one of those. Sure they've had several memorable fights, but I would not yet give them legend status. This fight has the potential to make a legend.
Gweedo
11/25/08 11:46:37AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

gsp will be a legend.

in his own mind but not in reality.
miphi1991
11/25/08 12:38:01PM

in his own mind but not in reality.

care to explain?
jiujitsufreak74
11/25/08 7:54:38PM
GSp will most definitely be a legend. we will look back 20 years from now and tell our kids/grandkids of the this era of fighters. we will talk about GSP like we talk about Magic Johnson or John Elway
seanfu
11/25/08 8:00:22PM
Gsp will be licking BJs blood off his gloves

WAR NIPPLE TWEEK!!!
JimiMak
11/26/08 12:04:58AM
When BJ's done licking that Canadian blood everyone's gonna forget that other fighters do it and say it's cuz of the gay nipple tweek that "frenchie" (for those w/ no sense of humor that's a Matt Serra reference) lost his ass to the Hawaiian sensation and best in the nation.... BJ PENN!
xAcidburNx
11/26/08 4:43:42AM

Posted by JimiMak

When BJ's done licking that Canadian blood everyone's gonna forget that other fighters do it and say it's cuz of the gay nipple tweek that "frenchie" (for those w/ no sense of humor that's a Matt Serra reference) lost his ass to the Hawaiian sensation and best in the nation.... BJ PENN!

your right. if bj wins everyone will make up excuses as to why gsp should have won. probably no more than the people b****ed and moned about why bj should have won the first fight. or how he only lost to hughes because he tore a rib. wah bj. the guy wines more than everyone about every loss hes had. even the one against pulver. never his fault. when gsp is done with him there wont be any excuses this time and if gsp loses i guarantee hes not gonna complain at all. hes gonna say the better man won and thats it. lets hope bj has grown up as much as he says he has and does the same thing in the event that he pulls off the win