GSP three-peats as Sportsnet's Canadian Athlete of the Year

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GSP three-peats as Sportsnet's Canadian Athlete of the Year
grappler0000
12/22/10 8:30:56PM
Georges St-Pierre is Sportsnet's Canadian Athlete of the Year for an unprecedented third year in a row, beating out 2007 winner Sidney Crosby in the final of an online fan vote.

St-Pierre's path to his third-straight award was not an easy one the third time around. Competing against 15 other Canadians in a bracket-style tournament to determine the winner, readers voted for their choice through four head-to-head rounds over the course of 16 days.

"Winning the Rogers Sportsnet Canadian Athlete of the Year award for the third time means a lot to me," St-Pierre told sportsnet.ca. "This year there were a lot of nominees that I really respect, so I am honoured that the fans chose me. Thanks to all my fans for their support."

Link
teddythetuna
12/22/10 8:56:16PM
Shows how far MMA has come especially up here in the north. To beat out Sid the Kid and Toews, who are Hockey stars, says a lot. Congrats GSP
KaibaThedon
12/22/10 9:02:25PM
I love GSP. He is the man. He's my fave MMA fighter for sure

BUT Tazer should've won this... he was the best player at the Olympics hands down and the best player in the 2010 playoffs.

And he led his team to a Stanley Cup championship.

GSP is more popular and more well known for sure but I mean come on man!
pmoney
12/22/10 10:40:03PM
Ok, this is very amazing. I know Sid the Kid brought the Stanley Cup back to Canada in these past three years, and he still didn't win at any point? Crazy!

Also, from USA to Canada: FU#K CANADA, WE SHOULD'VE HAD THE GOLD IN 2010! We fu#k!ing curb stomped everyone we played, INCLUDING Canada. How they ended up meeting us again is the finals is complete bullshit. I will be bitter until the day I die because of this. Although not solely because of this.....
FlashyG
12/22/10 11:26:51PM
I still say Joey Votto should have won this.
teddythetuna
12/23/10 1:07:28PM
Easy pmoney. I guess we all know why you have the Diaz brothers as an avatar. Seems you may be as angry at the world as they are. Not trying to long c*ck here but to be angry at a whole country over a hockey game seems silly.
pmoney
12/23/10 6:32:44PM

Posted by teddythetuna

Easy pmoney. I guess we all know why you have the Diaz brothers as an avatar. Seems you may be as angry at the world as they are. Not trying to long c*ck here but to be angry at a whole country over a hockey game seems silly.

lol damn you teddy tuna! You know me better than I know myself