Did GSP Tap?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Did GSP Tap?
Gogoplata
4/10/07 1:40:25PM
Did GSP tap?

Check for yourself, looks like he rolls over and taps with his right hand as Big John steps in. Wow.
coopdro
4/10/07 2:19:04PM
Huh, looked like a tap to me. On a side note ... I don't ever want to see that video again.
Dadaman
4/10/07 3:10:00PM
Man, this fight ruined alot of lives.

Yeah damn sure saw a tap. I think i saw that the first time but wrote it off as GSP trying to mount some defense before the fight would get stopped. But it lookes like a clear tap to me.
warglory
4/10/07 3:33:21PM
I definitely noticed this during the fight. One of the replays from the side actually shows it alot clearer from what i recall.
waylon_o
4/10/07 4:19:57PM
Looks like a tap to me. GSP is still one of my top 3 favorites, but big props to Serra.
SteedTheDeed
4/10/07 5:28:19PM
i am pretty sure he admitted that he gave up and tapped
hook_tothe_body
4/10/07 5:34:43PM
Yeah, they should change the result from TKO to tap out due to strikes.

If these two ever rematch, I bet money on GSP.
waylon_o
4/10/07 6:13:57PM

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Yeah, they should change the result from TKO to tap out due to strikes.

If these two ever rematch, I bet money on GSP.

You can tell that BJM was stepping in to stop the fight as he was tapping though...i doubt BJM even saw him tap.
Rush
4/10/07 6:28:21PM
I'm not watching the fight again, but the time I did watch it I was pretty sure he was KOed.

Then again, I've been KOed once and even after going dark you are still somewhat concious.

Whether he tapped or not, does it really matter?
Mastodon2
4/10/07 6:36:05PM
At one point, he looks right over at John and the look on his face just says "Step in, Im not coming back from this one"

Just wait for the comeback, Serra is gonna get blown away.
Lets_Do_This
4/10/07 7:45:55PM
I think Big John stepped in right as GSP tapped. Simultaneously, it doesn't look like McCarthey needed the tap to end the fight.
chentay2112
4/10/07 8:16:05PM
watching your link i would say that he was definately tapping but BJM was already stopping the fight so i don't think he saw the tap..... SEEING HIM TAP THROUGH STRIKES THAT'S A BIGGER SURPRISE THAN MATT SERRA BEATING HIM DOWN
FortySixBelow
4/10/07 9:04:58PM
I don't see the big deal...the guy just hate like...at least 4 or 5 power shots and one particular right just looked devastating...

He knew he was down at that point so why risk his career...

chentay2112
4/10/07 9:09:30PM
i was just very surprised that he got dominated and i dident think that he would tap....

i agree it doesent matter but i diden't expect it that was my point
Gogoplata
4/10/07 9:21:30PM

Posted by chentay2112

i was just very surprised that he got dominated and i dident think that he would tap....

i agree it doesent matter but i diden't expect it that was my point

Yeah, just more surprising than anything else. I agree.
Darthfedor
4/10/07 10:45:33PM
ha ha
roadking95th
4/12/07 12:36:48AM
He's part French, of course he tapped, it's in the blood.

I've watched the fight several times, and admit will have to watch it again, but I never really noticed GSP's head snapping from a viscious shot. Yea, I know they say Serra has heavy hands too. My memory is failing me now, but how good is GSP's chin? Has he taken shots before? Maybe from Penn?