GSP Talks Koscheck Fight, Beef With Serra & More

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP Talks Koscheck Fight, Beef With Serra & More
adamsb
7/1/07 1:14:39AM
The following is an interview with Georges St. Pierre from a Brazilian website. The interview is roughly translated to english.

Matt Serra felt insulted with somethings you had said and told that you would never stepped in the Renzo Gracie academy anymore, how is that situaton? Do you really think Serra worse than you as a fighter?

Look, i still have a good relationship with everybody on Renzo's academy, but the fact is i screwed, i talked too much and Serra didn't like it. I don't think Serra worse, and yes he is in a world champion level.link
KYGUY07
7/1/07 1:57:29PM
GSp is gonna destroy KOS, and then he will get his belt back against hughes, cuz theres no way serra will beat hughes.
garrick
7/1/07 4:25:59PM
My prediction, GSP beats Kos, then Hughes will beat Serra, then a rematch for the belt again, GSP vs. Hughes 2.
DevMahon
7/1/07 4:49:18PM

Posted by garrick

My prediction, GSP beats Kos, then Hughes will beat Serra, then a rematch for the belt again, GSP vs. Hughes 2.

You mean GSP vs. Hughes 3? They've already fought twice.
blowe1983
7/1/07 5:10:03PM
i think itll be gsp vs serra. dont count him out. i knew serra was gonna beat him the first time. now the 2nd idk. but dont underestimate him with hughes because you may be in for another huge shock
MattHughes
7/1/07 5:26:25PM
It could happen but I give Kos a better chance at beating GSP than Serra has at beating Hughes
Ultimate_fighter
7/1/07 5:47:19PM

Posted by KYGUY07

GSp is gonna destroy KOS, and then he will get his belt back against hughes, cuz theres no way serra will beat hughes.

man, 99% of the people on this site thought GSP would wip Serra, look what happened. Serra 1st round KO.... WOW! Now thats an upset. I say Serra wins 2nd round KO. Thats if Serra can defend the takedowns. But Serra was throwing bombs. Every champion protects their belt and they dont go hard the whole fight, they wait..i think Serra is gonna go 100 percent in this fight!!
Kastro
7/1/07 6:58:31PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Posted by KYGUY07

man, 99% of the people on this site thought GSP would wip Serra, look what happened. Serra 1st round KO.... WOW! Now thats an upset. I say Serra wins 2nd round KO. Thats if Serra can defend the takedowns. But Serra was throwing bombs. Every champion protects their belt and they dont go hard the whole fight, they wait..i think Serra is gonna go 100 percent in this fight!!

I got Serra beating Hughes the 2nd time around, and then a possible rematch with GSP if he gets past Kos.
tuvok500
7/1/07 10:11:38PM
no body predict gonzaga to high kick crocop to heaven .
but if they were fighting again , you can be sure that will never repeat in a million time.

same think with gsp and serra.
if they fight again serra will probably go out of the cage with the power of the rest of his team.

DevonFoxy
7/1/07 10:17:24PM
I agree i really think Kos has a lot better chance then people are giving him to beat GSP. The thought of Serra beating Hughes is just hard for me to comprehend i guess because i don't see it happening . Hughes is gonna take him down and punish him i know Serra has great BJJ but i know for a fact he doesn't have better BJJ then BJ Penn and Hughes beat Penn in a pretty clear cut victory. But i like the fight for Kos if he can take GSP down but if it remains standing like the Sanchez fight Kos is gonna get hit harder then hes ever been hit with a kick or combo so it should be a great fight.
CTU81
7/3/07 12:22:01PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

i know Serra has great BJJ but i know for a fact he doesn't have better BJJ then BJ Penn and Hughes beat Penn in a pretty clear cut victory.

The first time they fought Penn and his BJJ absolutely destroyed Hughes en route to a win by rear naked choke.

The 2nd time, when Hughes won, BJ was kicking Hughes's ass all around the cage for the first round and a half. BJ says he broke a rib, some people say he gassed, whatever the reason it wasn't until the 3rd round that Hughes was able to take control of the fight because BJ was either hurt or didn't train enough.

Either way, Hughes is very susceptable to people with good BJJ. He looked completely lost in both Penn fights. I'm not saying Serra is anywhere near Penn in the BJJ department, but If Serra can watch out for the big slams and fight a smart fight, I can definitely see him winning.

Matt Hughes' dominant days are behind him, he can still win any fight he is in, but I don't think he should be a heavy favorite in this fight. Its much more even than most people think.
adamsb
7/3/07 7:48:34PM

Posted by CTU81

Posted by DevonFoxy

i know Serra has great BJJ but i know for a fact he doesn't have better BJJ then BJ Penn and Hughes beat Penn in a pretty clear cut victory.

The first time they fought Penn and his BJJ absolutely destroyed Hughes en route to a win by rear naked choke.

The 2nd time, when Hughes won, BJ was kicking Hughes's ass all around the cage for the first round and a half. BJ says he broke a rib, some people say he gassed, whatever the reason it wasn't until the 3rd round that Hughes was able to take control of the fight because BJ was either hurt or didn't train enough.

Either way, Hughes is very susceptable to people with good BJJ. He looked completely lost in both Penn fights. I'm not saying Serra is anywhere near Penn in the BJJ department, but If Serra can watch out for the big slams and fight a smart fight, I can definitely see him winning.

Matt Hughes' dominant days are behind him, he can still win any fight he is in, but I don't think he should be a heavy favorite in this fight. Its much more even than most people think.

if u watch the first fight over it was a big right hand that stund matt so that way penn could get the choke
Canadian_MM_EH
7/3/07 8:07:58PM
GSP vs KOS is gonna be a war, i hope GSP can win
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
nastshabast
7/3/07 11:32:41PM

Posted by tuvok500

no body predict gonzaga to high kick crocop to heaven .
but if they were fighting again , you can be sure that will never repeat in a million time.

same think with gsp and serra.
if they fight again serra will probably go out of the cage with the power of the rest of his team.

CanadianCripplr
7/4/07 12:56:51AM
GSP is gonna lay a savage beating on the bleachblonde . Hes gotta be steaming that he lost to Serra and is gonna make an example of little josh.
LR
7/5/07 10:49:46AM
People way underestimate Matt Serra. He's been in the game for a long time, and beat some unbelievable fighters. He beat Gomi in a ju-jitsu match where he basically dominated him for 10 minutes. Serra has some world class ground skills. It'd be a BAD idea for Hughes to try to go to the ground the entire matchup.

jocksmall
7/5/07 2:17:02PM

Posted by KYGUY07

i agree that serra wont beat hughes but i think hughes will beat gsp the next time around
DevonFoxy
7/5/07 4:29:37PM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

GSP is gonna lay a savage beating on the bleachblonde . Hes gotta be steaming that he lost to Serra and is gonna make an example of little josh.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you. Kos is explosive to say the least. I like the way he fights and hes just getting better. Don't get me wrong i know why he is the underdog cuz GSP is a bad man. He is one of the most gifted athletes I've seen in a long while. Kos is ready for the step and it should be a war. I think Kos is gonna win IF he keeps it on the ground and If Kos is gonna test his new found stand up against GSP hes gonna get rocked and Ko'ed its gonna be a great fight and i cant wait for it but to say Gsp is gonna dominate Kos is ludicrous. Name a guy who has dominated Kos in the UFC......you get back to me on it.lol
jack
7/5/07 8:07:51PM
I think that GSP will beat KOS by decision (hopefully he won't have the mental breakdown that the crow did) and I think that Serra is going to mop the floor with Hughes.