GSP and Serra interview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » GSP and Serra interview
Bemin
2/6/08 5:34:34PM
Link

Gsp looks pissed, can't wait for this fight.

More from Matt

There are also some other MMA vids you can check out on the right side of the page.
Rush
2/6/08 9:02:59PM
FYI, the second link just takes you to a bunch of daily show clips..... not sure what they are doing on TSN????

I found the off the record, with Serra and Beneteau was great. I was a little shocked to hear Dave's opinion, but I do agree with some of his comments.
Bemin
2/6/08 9:20:32PM
Hmm... let me see if I can fix that. Ya the Q and A with Serra is pretty good :)

Edit: Ok it's fixed.
Jackelope
2/7/08 12:13:00AM
Man that interviewer is a pile of crap. He was interrupting Serra the whole time. I'm really glad Serra eventually said something about it because I was thinking exactly what Serra said
Rush
2/7/08 9:27:40AM

Posted by Jackelope

Man that interviewer is a pile of crap. He was interrupting Serra the whole time. I'm really glad Serra eventually said something about it because I was thinking exactly what Serra said

Actually it's the other way around, that show was not as organized as others. Michael Lansberg is really good, but Serra just didn't want to let other people talk.
emfleek
2/7/08 9:33:39AM
I can't wait to see Serra get his ass handed to him.

A fight with GSP is always tough.

A fight with a DETERMINED GSP...eh, I feel sorry for the other guy.
emfleek
2/7/08 9:39:01AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

Actually it's the other way around, that show was not as organized as others. Michael Lansberg is really good, but Serra just didn't want to let other people talk.

I'm with Jackelope on this one...it seemed to me like Lansberg cut Serra off EVERY time he asked a question.
Rush
2/7/08 11:02:09AM
I'm not arguing that Lansberg kept cutting him off, but this isn't the Matt Serra show and he didn't stop talking.

Look at how GSP answered his questions. He answered them and that was it. Serra kept on talking and talking. Whether there was some intention in cutting him off as well, I can't say, but Serra, as usual, didn't just say what he needed to say. He kept going and going.

Watch the ones with Serra and Beneteau. Both of those guys kept talking over each other. The discussion was a disaster at times.
emfleek
2/7/08 11:10:58AM

Posted by Rush

I'm not arguing that Lansberg kept cutting him off, but this isn't the Matt Serra show and he didn't stop talking.

Look at how GSP answered his questions. He answered them and that was it. Serra kept on talking and talking. Whether there was some intention in cutting him off as well, I can't say, but Serra, as usual, didn't just say what he needed to say. He kept going and going.

Watch the ones with Serra and Beneteau. Both of those guys kept talking over each other. The discussion was a disaster at times.

Ahh...I see where you're coming from. I can agree with that.

Like I said, I can't wait to see GSP hand his ass to him.
Jackelope
2/7/08 1:10:58PM

Posted by Rush

Yeah I posted that before I watched the others. I didn't think Serra was talking for TOO long, but he does have a problem with being able to answer in a concise manner

edit: I still think there is something wrong with that interviewer's face or something, though. I don't know if it was just me but he almost looked like a man-lady or something. Maybe too much makeup???
Rush
2/7/08 1:37:34PM

Posted by Jackelope

edit: I still think there is something wrong with that interviewer's face or something,

I think it's the fact that his mouth is really big
Bemin
2/7/08 8:41:09PM
TSN had Dana on today so I though I would throw up the link too, typical Dana stuff, but a few interesting answers. Both a quick interview and a Next question segment. The second video should start automaticly.

Link
Rush
2/8/08 9:40:33AM
LOL, based on his word association with Tito, I don't expect Tito to be in the UFC after his next fight.

He was sure specific to state that the UFC was bigger in PPV revenues, but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the UFC put on more PPVs a year than wrestling and boxing combined?

Wouldn't it be more accurate to mention what the average revenue for one PPV would be?
emfleek
2/8/08 10:23:51AM
WWE used to do about one per month. That was years ago when I was watching wrestling. I'm not sure if that's changed or not.
mmadb
2/8/08 10:29:08AM
Aye I happened to catch this show by sheer luck, I don't watch OTR much since Landsberg is a douche. GSP just seemed pissed, oddly enough he was at the Leaf game later that night and they interviewed him during the game. GSP = MMA in Canada. Dude is already a legend.

I think Serra is alright, I like that he speaks his mind. Beneteau pissed miss off, what a twat.

I think I have this episode and the show with Dana on my PVR so if there's any interest I may be able to post both complete episodes for you clowns.
mmadb
2/9/08 1:13:00PM
For those that didn't see any of this stuff I slapped it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/mmajoe
jiujitsufreak74
2/9/08 4:57:15PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

totally disagree, serra didn't get a chance to day what he thought half of the time because the interviewer cut him off. to see it otherwise is just a mistake imo. that interviewer was absolutely horrible he kept cutting matt off and when he asked him th question he didn't let him answer. granted later on matt was making longer answers but to compare GSP's answers who normally doesn't say to much in English interviews doesn't make it right. if i spoke one to two sentence answers doesn't mean my opponent should also if he wants to explain it in 4 or 5. as for the fight, this is going to be a hard fight for serra and i really can't see him winning again.
gamez0932
2/9/08 11:54:41PM

Posted by emfleek

I can't wait to see Serra get his ass handed to him.

A fight with GSP is always tough.

A fight with a DETERMINED GSP...eh, I feel sorry for the other guy.

hahaha couldnt have said it better myself...