GSP / Serra... The fued begins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP / Serra... The fued begins?
« Previous Page
Stickan
5/22/07 2:16:32PM

Posted by shackle

I seen some post on sherdog about this too.... Those guys are total idiots.(at least most of them)

GSP started the mess, but since so many people hug his nutts so hard it's fine for him to talk trash, but if serra says anything he is a total ass hole...? ( god I haaaaaaaate nutthuggers)

I don't understand this... but it's hard to understand people on the internet lol.. They are right everyone that disagrees is wrong, and they will fight to the death to make sure everyone agrees.

Even if I like a fighter alot I won't make excuses ever for them. It's MMA crap happens deal with it. MMA fans sometimes are ridiculous. You lose a fight you lost point blank. If you where hurt you shouldn't of took the fight.

I think GSP has been playing a little scheme for the fans(mister nice guy). So far it seems he is a swore loser at least when it comes to someone everyone thought he would run over.

What is wrong with you? There were about 15 posters to 5 in this thread in favor of Serra being rightfully mad. More people have turned on GSP than supported him in this matter.
KYGUY07
5/22/07 6:49:48PM
Its ****** up how before this ONe thing happened, everyone was saying GSP is so classy, but now he says one thing after a fight and some of you ppl, jump on his back. Some of you are just dumb.
hughesfan1
5/22/07 6:56:56PM
No , never liked him never will. Has nothing to do with him betting Matt , didn't like him b4 that. He begs for title fight . He ducks first defense in Jan. against Serra and then he loses to him in less than 4 min. in his first defense. He's overrated !
nubby
5/22/07 8:09:36PM

Posted by hughesfan1

No , never liked him never will. Has nothing to do with him betting Matt , didn't like him b4 that. He begs for title fight . He ducks first defense in Jan. against Serra and then he loses to him in less than 4 min. in his first defense. He's overrated !

I think I might agree here. But here is the thing, Matt Hughes went down the same way, is he overrated?
hughesfan1
5/22/07 8:28:09PM
it wasn't his first defense by a long shot
kaduey
5/22/07 8:52:40PM

Posted by Northrend

Posted by hughesfan1

I agree I'm a big fan of GSP's talent but not his personality or attitude that's why I called him a punk.

His personality? This is the guy that is respectfull to all of his opponents...to Matt Hughes who is still a mean person to GSP and disrespecting him because he is from France and other things. The same guy that after his first ever time of saying the wrong thing openly appologized to Matt Serra and said he realized it was the wrong thing to say. He is very young and he is a bigger man and has a better personality then many fighters in their 30's. You can't say his attitude is any worse then your fav fighter Hughes can you?

Yo man GSp isn't from France. He's from Quebec, Canada.
Playground_Samurai
5/22/07 10:01:20PM

Posted by hughesfan1

He's overrated !

Overrated? Everyone has their own opinions, and yours is obviously that you don't like GSP. But to say he's overrated is just rediculous. He's beaten the likes of Jason Miller, Frank Trigg, Karo Parysian, Sean Sherk, and cut thru the supposed greatest WW of all time, your boy Matt Hughes, like butter.
hughesfan1
5/22/07 10:12:03PM
Hughes had one bad night , won't happen again ! Those other guys aren't that much to bragg about really.
Northrend
5/22/07 10:56:22PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Northrend

Posted by hughesfan1

I agree I'm a big fan of GSP's talent but not his personality or attitude that's why I called him a punk.

His personality? This is the guy that is respectfull to all of his opponents...to Matt Hughes who is still a mean person to GSP and disrespecting him because he is from France and other things. The same guy that after his first ever time of saying the wrong thing openly appologized to Matt Serra and said he realized it was the wrong thing to say. He is very young and he is a bigger man and has a better personality then many fighters in their 30's. You can't say his attitude is any worse then your fav fighter Hughes can you?

Yo man GSp isn't from France. He's from Quebec, Canada.

Lol my bad, I knew that just came out wrong. Sorry GSP.
raindrops21
5/23/07 10:36:47PM
We all know that GSP said before the fight he trained like he had never trained before. Now we all know that he said he trained for two weeks. Which is it? That's simply all I'm asking. And for him to say if he was fighting Matt Hughes he would've pulled out is a slap in the face to Serra.

I like GSP, but what he did was wrong. He should've accepted the defeat like a man, even if something did happen, no one wants to hear excuses. GSP should have taken the high road, accepted his defeat and came back to get his title.

And for everyone that says Hughes is a jerk, you're mistaken as well. I've talked to Matt a few times as I live about 40 minutes from his home town. He is a genuinely nice guy, and even talked to me on the phone one time when my brother saw him out shopping with his kids. He says things to sell fights, plain and simple. That could be GSPs motive as well, but it's making him look bad. Did anyone hear about Hughes claiming he didn't train for Georges?

Like I said, I like GSP, he's a great fighter. But I think he seriously thought he was going to run over Serra and he didn't need to take him seriously. He expected Serra to come out and immediately look to shoot. Serra came out swinging for the fences and totally threw off GSPs gameplan. He was going to sprawl and brawl until he got a late stoppage. Serra outclassed him and beat him badly. He'll be back, I just hope it's without excuses.
Pages: 1 [2]