GSP will ruin Fitch

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » GSP will ruin Fitch
Next Page »
ufc88
3/2/08 3:08:01PM
up until last night I thought Fitch could put on a good fight with GSP. now I think GSP will KO him

in the post fight presser fitch said he thinks GSP is too afraid of being KOd again which very well be true but his stand up is leaps and bounds above Fitch's and for the GSP fans and fans from Canada GSP KNOCK THAT MAFAWKAAAA OUT

WARRRRRR GSP

GSP VS ANDERSON SILVA (178.5 lbs)

what do you all think

iwannabesedated
3/2/08 3:55:51PM

Posted by ufc88

up until last night I thought Fitch could put on a good fight with GSP. now I think GSP will KO him

in the post fight presser fitch said he thinks GSP is too afraid of being KOd again which very well be true but his stand up is leaps and bounds above Fitch's and for the GSP fans and fans from Canada GSP KNOCK THAT MAFAWKAAAA OUT

WARRRRRR GSP

GSP VS ANDERSON SILVA (178.5 lbs)

what do you all think

So Fitch has one bad fight where he still won.And your saying up until last night you thought he could hang with GSP.Thats Funny so the other 7 or so fights that he dominated in have no affect on anything because of his performance last night that was uneventful...Where was GSP last night..I could hear it now "Jon Fitch i was not impressed by your performance".
seanfu
3/2/08 4:50:39PM
GSP by 4th or possibly (mabe) 5th round finish.
gartface
3/2/08 5:28:03PM

So Fitch has one bad fight where he still won.And your saying up until last night you thought he could hang with GSP.Thats Funny so the other 7 or so fights that he dominated in have no affect on anything because of his performance last night that was uneventful...Where was GSP last night..I could hear it now "Jon Fitch i was not impressed by your performance".

He really didn't dominate all of those fights...he should have lost to Jeff Joslin, and sure as hell shouldn't have gotten a 30-27 win last night.

Edited: My bad didn't realize you were just talking about his UFC fights.
Ordep
3/2/08 5:36:35PM

GSP vs. Silva?

people keep hitting this w/o thinking of two things : GSP is not the champ yet, GSP has NEVER successfully defended "his" belt, and the WW is sort of patially stacked to keep talking nonsense like this

Comments approved by:
ALLIANCE FOR A WORLD W/O NUTHUGGING
wolfman
3/2/08 5:52:05PM

Posted by Ordep

GSP vs. Silva?

people keep hitting this w/o thinking of two things : GSP is not the champ yet, GSP has NEVER successfully defended "his" belt, and the WW is sort of patially stacked to keep talking nonsense like this

Comments approved by:
ALLIANCE FOR A WORLD W/O NUTHUGGING

My thoughts exactly, GSP is one of my favorite fighters. However, he has not beat Serra yet. I definitely believe he can beat Serra, but we will just have to wait and see what happens come UFC 83.
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 6:04:34PM
im still amazed everyone thinks GSP is some striking god and that no one in the division can stand with him
CactusBob
3/2/08 6:20:31PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

im still amazed everyone thinks GSP is some striking god and that no one in the division can stand with him

He's not. But he is extremely well rounded, and fast. That is a dangerous combination for anyone at any division.
Jackelope
3/2/08 6:35:58PM
GSP's striking credentials are definitely there. Anybody who has tooled around with a Kyokushin guy can tell you that it's no joke. Those guys hit hard and are tough.

That being said BJ Penn stood with him, and Serra KO'd GSP on the feet. So his striking isn't on the level of Anderson Silva (no one can stand with him so far) but he is pretty damn good on his feet.
NatedawgThaM
3/2/08 7:23:45PM
This is one of the dumbest things I ever heard on these forums ever.

It was his worst performance so far after beating the hell out of everybody else. Atleast he takes all his fights SERIOUSLY!!!

This fight was JUST like the GSP/Serra fight. Like Fitch, GSP was suppose to own this guy badly but at least Fitch took him seriously enough unlike GSP who ended up being the one who got KNOCK THE FUDGE OUT!!!

IMO all last night proved was GSP has no chance in hell IMO to beat Anderson Silva. If Dan Henderson can't beat Anderson, no way GSP will because Dan has a way better chin and is way stronger then GSP. Anderson still rocked Dan if it was GSP is that position instead of Dan, he would have got KTFO badly.

Nuthugging sucks.

warglory
3/2/08 7:26:35PM
Jon Fitch has the momentum, skills and endurance to beat GSP. And these factors are multiplied if it comes down to a match against Serra. Fitch is Serra's worst nightmare.
Jackelope
3/2/08 8:13:40PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

This is one of the dumbest things I ever heard on these forums ever.

It was his worst performance so far after beating the hell out of everybody else. Atleast he takes all his fights SERIOUSLY!!!

This fight was JUST like the GSP/Serra fight. Like Fitch, GSP was suppose to own this guy badly but at least Fitch took him seriously enough unlike GSP who ended up being the one who got KNOCK THE FUDGE OUT!!!

IMO all last night proved was GSP has no chance in hell IMO to beat Anderson Silva. If Dan Henderson can't beat Anderson, no way GSP will because Dan has a way better chin and is way stronger then GSP. Anderson still rocked Dan if it was GSP is that position instead of Dan, he would have got KTFO badly.

Nuthugging sucks.

Man... you're a feisty one. I've probably seen you call more posts and people dumb on this site than anyone else

Anyway, I agree that GSP wouldn't stand much of a chance against Silva. Silva would be able to keep the distance against GSP on the feet, and his BJJ would neutralize the ground game. Just a bad matchup, really.

I get the feeling Fitch is a fighter who rises to the occasion of the fight brought to him. I think it would be an exciting matchup vs. GSP since their skillsets are similar. I go with GSP taking it, but I don't think it'd be a wash.
Tein_Lung
3/2/08 8:24:08PM
man its really getting OLD how everyone seems to look past Serra, everyone did that last time and he KTFO of GPS... and it very well could happen again.. Serra is almost impossible to stop, hes not afraid to stand with GPS and hes got better jit then anyone in the WW div of the UFC... why does everyone give him no chance to beat anyone when hes the FUGGING champ
Tailgunner
3/2/08 9:15:35PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

man its really getting OLD how everyone seems to look past Serra, everyone did that last time and he KTFO of GPS... and it very well could happen again.. Serra is almost impossible to stop, hes not afraid to stand with GPS and hes got better jit then anyone in the WW div of the UFC... why does everyone give him no chance to beat anyone when hes the FUGGING champ

Bro face it Serra was never even supposed to have a shot at the title in the first place! He wasn't even ranked in the top ten before TUF.

Quit getting so worked up over the fact that very few people think Serra has a chance against GSP again.....its what most people in the MMA world think.

Lets wait until April and see what happens, if Serra beats GSP again then you will look like a very smart man and the rest of us will be eating crow and humble pie!

But IMHO (and 90% of the MMA world) GSP is gonna tear Serra a new one.

We will soon find out.
bls1919
3/2/08 9:49:24PM
If this fight were to happen, i think it would be a war. A stand up/grappling match with GSP ending it late 2nd early 3rd TKO GnP
mrliquid
3/2/08 10:06:15PM
GSP vs Fitch would be a very hard one for me to pick reasons are standing Fitch is pretty good he isnt a huge power puncher but still can throw same goes for GSP he isnt a guy who knocks people out with one punch but still very talented on his feet on the ground Fitch would kill GSP no question but its all the matter of Fitch would he try and stand or would he try and take it to the ground if he even could but i've always liked his perfomances not counting last nights fight so I would probably end up picking Fitch for a 3rd round sub maybe decision over GSP.
ufcboss
3/3/08 12:54:34AM
IMO Fitch hasn't been a threat to GSP anytime. He has been doing fantastic, But GSP will beat him.
pv3Hpv3p
3/3/08 10:22:22AM
Fitch is a good fighter, but showed some holes in his game the other night... He didn't look impressive to me at all and what I immediately thought was, if Jon fights like this against GSP, he's not going to make it very far...

Maybe he can rise to the ocasion... maybe not... But if he fights a first round like he did last night against Georges, he's not going to make it into the second...
mmadb
3/3/08 12:32:39PM
I have not and never will drink the Fitch koolaid until he does something that impresses me. The only thing I will give Fitch is that he is one tough mofo to submit, the dude gets caught in deep submissions alot but always manages to pop out eventually. I think he has little to no chance against GSP simply because his main method of winning seems to be taking guys down and trying to GNP with little to moderate success. Well, I doubt Fitch can take GSP down and I would wager that GSP will be the one taking Fitch down at will.

Serra has a much better chance at beating GSP than Fitch ever will simply because of the style differences. Fitch is a poor man's GSP imo.
warglory
3/3/08 5:19:36PM

Posted by mmadb

I have not and never will drink the Fitch koolaid until he does something that impresses me. The only thing I will give Fitch is that he is one tough mofo to submit, the dude gets caught in deep submissions alot but always manages to pop out eventually. I think he has little to no chance against GSP simply because his main method of winning seems to be taking guys down and trying to GNP with little to moderate success. Well, I doubt Fitch can take GSP down and I would wager that GSP will be the one taking Fitch down at will.

Serra has a much better chance at beating GSP than Fitch ever will simply because of the style differences. Fitch is a poor man's GSP imo.

Fitch's takedown defense is as good as GSP's, so if GSP ends up attempting to take Fitch down, they will probably end up in the clinch, and I am willing to bet that Fitch's clinch is stronger than GSP's. Will Fitch be able to take GSP down? Maybe not, but if he does, I am willing to bet that he would be able to hold his own much better than Koscheck did. GSP's stand up is better, but I just have this feeling that if the fight hits the ground that Fitch will be able to control.

And where is this "little to no success" scenario you keep speaking of? Fitch has mauled every single opponent he has fought, including his last one. Just because a guy gets caught in a submission hold, or gets caught with a punch means absolutely nothing if nothing becomes of it. Fitch is able to capitalize and does so with the best success rate since Royce Gracie.
cspecial
3/4/08 3:52:23PM
not for nothing but i think that anyone that fights knows that a little fear goes a long way. you can't go into every fight or any fight for that matter thinking you're not gonna get hurt. if GSP's a little scared of getting knocked out then good... maybe he'll take things a little more seriously and avoid the haymakers and stuff.

as for the people that keep knocking his stand up.... come on, watch all of his fights. he's sick! he's faster then superman controls the pace all the time. on top of that he can take anyone down at will. i think Silva would have a hell of a time boxing him or throwing punches while GSP dodges and then double legs his head into the ground. i think GSP 2nd round.
mkiv9secsupra
3/4/08 5:49:44PM

Posted by cspecial
as for the people that keep knocking his stand up.... come on, watch all of his fights. he's sick!

outstriking guys like Kos, Hughes, Sherk, Parisyan, and Trigg doesnt make you a great striker. He has never faced a top notch striker. The closest to a great striker he has foght is Penn and Penn dominated him in the first round. St. Pierre is just a better allround grappler than those guys, his striking just seems to be on the B level and definitely not on the A level.
Ordep
3/4/08 5:53:48PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by cspecial
as for the people that keep knocking his stand up.... come on, watch all of his fights. he's sick!

outstriking guys like Kos, Hughes, Sherk, Parisyan, and Trigg doesnt make you a great striker. He has never faced a top notch striker. The closest to a great striker he has foght is Penn and Penn dominated him in the first round. St. Pierre is just a better allround grappler than those guys, his striking just seems to be on the B level and definitely not on the A level.

and you forgot to add being outstriked by a guy 3 feet smaller with T-Rex arms,
yeah but you know that a KO with a headkick automatically makes you a KO Wizard ... it's the same band wagon that came out after Gonzaga's kick to CC.
mkiv9secsupra
3/4/08 5:56:42PM

Posted by Ordep
and you forgot to add being outstriked by a guy 3 feet smaller with T-Rex arms,

you get props on that one!! thats hilarious
Rush
3/4/08 6:17:51PM
BJ Penn eye poked GSP.
Boo_Radley21
3/5/08 4:00:15PM

Posted by Rush

BJ Penn eye poked GSP.

BJ Penn is a jackass
Bowen50
3/5/08 5:00:14PM
Jon Fitch is my second favorite welterweight behind GSP but there is no way he's gonna win. I remember how before GSP fought Kos everyone was saying that GSP has to watch out because of Koscheck's amazing wrestling. GSP out-wrestled him. There is not 1 part of Fitch's game that is better than GSP's.

GSP Wins Round 2 by TKO
mmadb
3/6/08 10:24:28AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by mmadb

Fitch's takedown defense is as good as GSP's, so if GSP ends up attempting to take Fitch down, they will probably end up in the clinch, and I am willing to bet that Fitch's clinch is stronger than GSP's. Will Fitch be able to take GSP down? Maybe not, but if he does, I am willing to bet that he would be able to hold his own much better than Koscheck did. GSP's stand up is better, but I just have this feeling that if the fight hits the ground that Fitch will be able to control.

And where is this "little to no success" scenario you keep speaking of? Fitch has mauled every single opponent he has fought, including his last one. Just because a guy gets caught in a submission hold, or gets caught with a punch means absolutely nothing if nothing becomes of it. Fitch is able to capitalize and does so with the best success rate since Royce Gracie.

I said little to moderate (I said little to no chance of winning) success and was referring to his ground and pound abilitiy, more or less referring to his last two fights but I didn't say that clearly so my mistake. I agree with you, he has mauled lots of his opponents but most of these opponents are not top guys and never will be. His big 3 are Sanchez (who I think he should have lost the decision to), Alves and Burkman. Sorry, but GSP's level of competition is exponentially tougher and how many times has GSP been mauled in a match? His 2 losses consist of one KO and getting caught in an armbar. I don't ever recall ANYONE ever mauling GSP (the way Fitch mauls people, Serra pretty much mauled him lol) and being that I think that would be Fitch's gameplan I think he would lose this fight, convincingly. He probably has a better chance standiing up since I'm not as sold on GSP's striking as much as other people seem to be even though I'm a huge mark for GSP.
teddythetuna
3/12/08 5:37:12PM
i think gsp has better wrestling(he out wrestled kos) , better striking because he utilizes everything from leg kicks(inside and outside), punches from all angles, spinning back kick, superman punches etc and he has great takedowns. i think all these things would be too much for fitch. he will have no idea where the fight is going.
Taylor8766
3/12/08 6:44:10PM
IMO GSP would destroy Fitch in the first or second round by TKO, why you ask, because Fitch has only beaten 1 maybe 2 ranked WW's (Sanchez and Alves), while GSP has been fighting the top WW since entering the UFC. Don't get me wrong Fitch is a very good fighter, and is ranked # 2 on my fighter rankings, but I think that they should have Fitch fight Hughes, and if he can't beat him, than his next fight would logically be Serra. That is of course if Serra doesn't fight Hughes which will most likely end up happening. And in that case give Fitch Koscheck which is very logical but they wont fight because there friends, so if Kos and Fitch wont fight than he will most likely get a title shot.
Pages: [1] 2