GSP Quick Quote: A Message For Jon Fitch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GSP Quick Quote: A Message For Jon Fitch
DCRage
4/16/08 9:45:09AM
After hearing comments by Jon Fitch, likely-challenger-to-be to the Matt Serra-Georges St. Pierre winner at UFC 83, GSP responded by saying that Fitch will "maybe change his mind" after the Serra fight.

Article
Twenty20Dollars
4/16/08 12:34:39PM
yeah bitch
jgtribbett
4/16/08 1:17:35PM
i dont think that gsp is agraid.. but i also dont think that fitch should open his ******* mouth like that.. fitch is my boy but damn...

i think that fitch will give him a run but nothimng more.. i really wanted fitch to loose one sometime in the past 2 years. that way he'd get a big wake up call before he got to the top.. now all i see happening is the same thing that happens with a lot of good duys.. they fly to the top... lose... and then they lose their confidence.. too bad.
xposipx
4/16/08 1:41:57PM
Eh, what Fitch said has proven to be true up to this point. I think he's going to rely on wrestling and gnp to beat Serra this time. Although I hope Serra gets GSP's timing down again and picks him apart with inside combos.
bullettdodger
4/16/08 2:06:48PM
The closer we get to this fight between Serra and GSP the more i hope Serra wins, just because im sick of people like GSP and Fitch talking about things before its time, thats what Karo did for a year talking about a title shot and he gets dropped by Thiago... just makes everything moot and a waste of time, but thats what trash talk is... a waste of time.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/16/08 3:35:34PM

Posted by xposipx

Eh, what Fitch said has proven to be true up to this point. I think he's going to rely on wrestling and gnp to beat Serra this time. Although I hope Serra gets GSP's timing down again and picks him apart with inside combos.

not gonna happen

GSP & FITCH will be a wicked fight. i got GSP 2nd rd sub in that fight....WHEN it happens
xAcidburNx
4/16/08 7:34:13PM
what i dont understand is why everyone makes such a big deal about gsp taking people down instead of standing and trading. in his career he has shown much more promise in his ground game then anything else. it just helps that his stand up is fanominal as well. he does what any great fighter does and he uses his talents to follow through with the best game plan possible.in his last two fights he put the wrestlers on their backs before they had the chance to do the same to him. DUR! on a side note i was extremely impressed with how well kos handled himself off his back for 3 rounds when hughes was subbed in the 2nd. i personally hate koscheck but bravo
silverbullet
4/16/08 8:35:28PM

Posted by xAcidburNx

what i dont understand is why everyone makes such a big deal about gsp taking people down instead of standing and trading. in his career he has shown much more promise in his ground game then anything else. it just helps that his stand up is fanominal as well. he does what any great fighter does and he uses his talents to follow through with the best game plan possible.in his last two fights he put the wrestlers on their backs before they had the chance to do the same to him. DUR! on a side note i was extremely impressed with how well kos handled himself off his back for 3 rounds when hughes was subbed in the 2nd. i personally hate koscheck but bravo

Koscheck >> Hughes
NatedawgThaM
4/16/08 8:53:05PM
He is afraid to get hit. it's why if he trades with Serra he's gonna get KTFO again.

WAR SERRA, WAR FITCH!!!
gravy13
4/16/08 11:21:31PM
That's ridiculous to say he is afraid. I'm pretty sure you don't reach that level as a fighter by "being afraid to get knocked out." Also, I'm pretty sure if he doesn't try to stand with Serra it's not out of fear, but merely him thinking, "okay this didn't work last time so I'll try this." Of course, I'm not in GSP's head.....

Honestly I just think Jon is trying to stir the pot on this one.
xAcidburNx
4/16/08 11:50:42PM
i understand how you could think that being at such a high lvl. gettin KO'd wouldnt be a problem. but a lot of fighters actually have personal psychologists because they do feel a little messed up after being KO'd that it affects them in later fights. i personally dont understand it. im not a amateur/pro fighter but i have been KO'd before and it didnt affect me in the least. slight from having a minor concussion and being a little woozy for the next little while. I myself would like to know what the difference is. the fact that its their career that there risking and not their lives? or maybe that its in front of millions of viewers. the only truth that i know is that more than half of pro fighters are affected atleast a little bit by this. maybe this is why a lot of people make insults about people who sub all the time. with subs you can go out and train your jiujitsu like crazy but i dont know of any way to improve your jaw other than letting someone hit you so many times it becomes numb lol
teddythetuna
4/17/08 5:20:44PM
i dont think he is afraid to get hit he just knows what kind of game plan is going to work and he executes it. and people keep saying hes got a weak chin and serra has knockout power. well, if i remember correctly gsp withstood about 5 or 6 real hard punches from serra and was still scrambling and defending himself. until he got knocked down and got mauled on the ground. but he never did actually go out
bls1919
4/17/08 8:55:10PM
WAR SERRA!!!! if for any other reason to shut GSP and Fitch up. ohh yeah and ......WAR SERRA, only this time rip FRENCHY"S arm off!!!!