GSP question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP question
MFOTHER
1/7/09 7:03:15PM
i remember reading somewhere that GSP has confidence issues, and sees a psychiatrist. is this true? current?does anyone have a link.

i know for a fact he has said he was extremly nervous fighting his idol matt hughes and credits that as one of the reasons he lost
tuvok500
1/7/09 7:20:44PM
GSP saw a sportive spy to help him to have more tools to be able to separate personal or familly matter to his fighting preparation.

He saw the psy after his lost to Serra because during his preparation for that fight he got a lot of family problems, father got seriously sick etc... and all those problem were one of the reason we saw a different GSP that night.
He also felt in the trap that everybody was telling him that he was the best and Serra was a joke etc..

As for your so call confidence problem, i think it is bullshit, in fact the bigger is the challenge the better he is.

GSP admitted that for his first fight with Hughes, it was difficult to for him to look Hughes in the eyes because he was his idol, but since that lost he never been impressed by anybody.

On a different subject,
Does someone know the date of BJ's funeral, i am sure someone already prepared something because he is gonna die in the cage when GSP will unleash his fury on him !!

WAR GSP !!!!

MFOTHER
1/7/09 7:26:52PM

Posted by tuvok500

GSP saw a sportive spy to help him to have more tools to be able to separate personal or familly matter to his fighting preparation.

He saw the psy after his lost to Serra because during his preparation for that fight he got a lot of family problems, father got seriously sick etc... and all those problem were one of the reason we saw a different GSP that night.
He also felt in the trap that everybody was telling him that he was the best and Serra was a joke etc..

As for your so call confidence problem, i think it is bullshit, in fact the bigger is the challenge the better he is.

GSP admitted that for his first fight with Hughes, it was difficult to for him to look Hughes in the eyes because he was his idol, but since that lost he never been impressed by anybody.

On a different subject,
Does someone know the date of BJ's funeral, i am sure someone already prepared something because he is gonna die in the cage when GSP will unleash his fury on him !!

WAR GSP !!!!

what do you mean he has never been impressed by anyone? he is a humble champion who always gives his competitors respect before and after the fight. The only time ive heard him say he wasnt impressed was after the hughes fight, and then apologized and said it was mainly to hype the fight.
even in his last fight he thought fitch was very good, and the best competition he has faced.......
aaa9erh8er
1/7/09 8:03:07PM
being humbel and giving someone there dues is different form being impressed imo. he may think they are good and he respects them but there just isnt anyone thats realy impressive( not bashing) but bj does not impress me either(i no im gonna get flamed for that) hes good and all and maybe the best in his div but "i am not impressed by your performance"
tuvok500
1/7/09 8:20:03PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by tuvok500

On a different subject,

WAR GSP !!!!

what do you mean he has never been impressed by anyone? he is a humble champion who always gives his competitors respect before and after the fight. The only time ive heard him say he wasnt impressed was after the hughes fight, and then apologized and said it was mainly to hype the fight.
even in his last fight he thought fitch was very good, and the best competition he has faced.......

I probably chose the wrong word.
What i wanted to say is that Hughes was GSP's idol and he was seeing him so good that he was unable to believe that he was really facing him , he was so impressed by Hughes legend that it was difficult for him to see himself beating Hughes.

It is something that happen to a lot of fighters, just recently Mir was facing his idol but he was better prepare than GSP was some years ago, GSP was very young and was not having all the tools that he has now.

Of course GSP respect his opponents, but it doesn't mean that he can't see himself beating them.

mrsmiley
1/8/09 9:15:47PM
I say alot of fighters probably do the same thing.
I think Chuck see's one as well.
JimiMak
1/8/09 9:55:26PM
He's really gonna need one in a cpl weeks after the thrashing BJ is about to hand out

had to include some BJhugging to counter Tuvok, lol
Pookie
1/9/09 5:31:09AM

Posted by JimiMak

He's really gonna need one in a cpl weeks after the thrashing BJ is about to hand out

Cmill51 has to sleep sometime
Darnok
1/9/09 3:36:22PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by JimiMak

Cmill51 has to sleep sometime

As I was reading through the posts I kept expecting to see a rant/reply from Cmill maybe he is not feeling well.
EvenFlow
1/9/09 3:41:24PM

Posted by tuvok500

On a different subject,

WAR GSP !!!!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1