GSP BJ PENN

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP BJ PENN
« Previous Page
RampageOwnedYou
2/1/09 11:07:35PM

It boggles my mind how people find excuses after every fight that their guy loses in. BJ got the **** kicked out of him, and I couldn't be happier, especially after all the **** he talked. And now he's complaining now that it's over? BJ Penn isn't the best P4P fighter in the world, but he is quite possibly the P4P most disrespectful fighter in all of MMA. And that's why he's also one of my least favourite fighters.

if you even read my post, you would see I wasn't saying its because he lost.
Second. BJ isnt a fav of mine nor close. Personally I could care less about either fighter. So get your facts straight.
SociopathX
2/1/09 11:32:34PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by eschuie

Posted by EvenFlow

I agree this was a very disappointing fight. Supposedly one of the greatest fights in history and George lays on him for 90% of the fight landing ground and pound, he should have kept the fight more exciting too imo but he played the right strategy so there you go. Disappointed in BJ as well, I thought he wanted it more than that.

Its comments like this that make me confused. The object of the fight is to win right? So why wouldnt any fighter that had a better chance on the ground not do it? If you dont like GNP then stop watching MMA and start watching Boxing. You will be a lot happier.

I like both fighters, but Penn got his ass wooped, plain and simple. Oh yeah and the whole cheating excuse is real lame.

lol You shouldnt be confused, I found the fight incredibly boring and find fighters who try to win fights on the cards and patter away with the least amount of skill wheather it be lnp and chippy gnp boring.

That has nothing to do with not liking MMA or not understanding it I just didnt like the fight and absolutly did NOT live up to the hype, I dont care what you or any of the GSP nuthuggers say that fight was boring and shows that GSP just wont stand with you anymore if he can win the fight with strength alone.

He wont be able to do that against Thiago, I guarentee it and dont call me out things like this when I give credit to GSP having the superier gameplan and saying im very disappointed in BJ, maybe read what your looking at more closely bud.

It actually showed he could take down BJ whenever he wanted to, pass his guard at will and beat the crap out of him, but you could be right.

It was boring, he relied on strength to win, period.

agree...

was it a good game plan? well obviously cus it worked, vasoline nullifed BJ's rubber guard too. wonder if that was part of the plan?
fonduktoe
2/2/09 2:04:08AM
apparently the whole "grease down" controversy has been explained away as part of an odd witch doctor ritual GSP wanted done between rounds
they got the story on mmaweekly.com

Franklinfan47
2/2/09 9:25:44AM
1) Whoever says GSP won through LnP, learn something about mma before you make stupid comments like that. That was the best executed GnP ive ever seen in mma and Penn took a beating almost non stop for 4 rounds. I dont recall them getting stood up once. If you find GnP boring, maybe mma is not for you. Go watch boxing or K-1 or something.

2) Whoever says GSP won because of vaseline is also ridiculous. If that helps you deal with the fact that Penn got schooled like a little girl then all the power to ya.
haggiswashere
2/2/09 6:20:12PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

1) Whoever says GSP won through LnP, learn something about mma before you make stupid comments like that. That was the best executed GnP ive ever seen in mma and Penn took a beating almost non stop for 4 rounds. I dont recall them getting stood up once. If you find GnP boring, maybe mma is not for you. Go watch boxing or K-1 or something.

I agree especially because they had to hospitalize penn afterwards
eschuie
2/2/09 11:21:30PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by eschuie

Posted by EvenFlow

I agree this was a very disappointing fight. Supposedly one of the greatest fights in history and George lays on him for 90% of the fight landing ground and pound, he should have kept the fight more exciting too imo but he played the right strategy so there you go. Disappointed in BJ as well, I thought he wanted it more than that.

Its comments like this that make me confused. The object of the fight is to win right? So why wouldnt any fighter that had a better chance on the ground not do it? If you dont like GNP then stop watching MMA and start watching Boxing. You will be a lot happier.

I like both fighters, but Penn got his ass wooped, plain and simple. Oh yeah and the whole cheating excuse is real lame.

lol You shouldnt be confused, I found the fight incredibly boring and find fighters who try to win fights on the cards and patter away with the least amount of skill wheather it be lnp and chippy gnp boring.

That has nothing to do with not liking MMA or not understanding it I just didnt like the fight and absolutly did NOT live up to the hype, I dont care what you or any of the GSP nuthuggers say that fight was boring and shows that GSP just wont stand with you anymore if he can win the fight with strength alone.

He wont be able to do that against Thiago, I guarentee it and dont call me out things like this when I give credit to GSP having the superier gameplan and saying im very disappointed in BJ, maybe read what your looking at more closely bud.

Yeah you got me, BJ got beat by a guy who beat him with the "least amount of skill"

maybe you should read what you post
MattHughesRules
2/3/09 2:44:48PM
To be honest this exactly how I saw this fight going. I like BJ Penn and I can see him being LW champ for a long time but he is not made for WW. Especially against a guy as big, strong and skilled as GSP. It was to easy...used his reach and punished him with the jab and then took him down and dominated him with his wrestling and G&P. Pretty textbook gameplan and win. GSP physically dominated BJ for all 4 rounds.
Pages: 1 [2]