GSP vs Nightmare

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » GSP vs Nightmare
Broknmunky
3/9/07 12:04:19PM
So if Hughes gets rematch after GSP/Serra and loses and Sanchez beats Kos, then do you think Sanchez will be next in line for the title shot? If so, what do you think the outcome will be?

I say Sanchez will finally get his 1st loss in mma!
xchickox
3/9/07 12:40:04PM
i think sanchez take it againt gsp, i could be completely wrong with this one because gsp is awesome, but i think sanchez will take gsp to the ground and get his back after a bit of work
pv3Hpv3p
3/9/07 1:09:11PM
While Diego does get better and better everytime he fights, I think GSP is too big for him...

Georges is too strong, so I don't think Diego can control him on the ground and St.Pierres standup is just too good and too fast, IMO I don't think anyone can stand with him at WW (besides BJ for one round)
AchillesHeel
3/9/07 2:18:54PM
I do think Sanchez is next in line, especially if he defeats Koscheck, but I don't think I would pick him against GSP.

If you think Diego would get the better of St. Pierre on the ground, you should watch GSP's humiliation of Frank Trigg again. Talk about a whuppin'. No way is Diego a better wrestler than Trigg, or Sean Sherk, or Matt Hughes. No way is Diego better at BJJ than B.J. Penn.

I would take GSP over any UFC Welterweight, and over most PRIDE Welterweights. Yes, I do believe he's that good - #2 or #3 on my P4P list right now (I keep swapping him and Liddell back and forth). I would give him decent odds to take Hendo's 83kg belt.

btw, I've never seen GSP and Diego standing next to each other, but I think they're about the same size.
crimethinc
3/9/07 3:14:59PM
IMO GSP is the most well-rounded fighter in MMA right now. He can impose his will standing or on the ground. If GSP fights Sanchez and he wants it to stay on the feet it's going to stay on the feet. If Matt Hughes couldn't take GSP to the ground, I doubt Diego will. And Diego's standup is improving every day but it's still not near GSP's.
JimiMak
3/9/07 4:47:42PM
I do think GSP would take it. However I think it will be a better match than a lot of ppl seem to think. Diego, I think, gets a bad rep on the net because of the show. But if he had come in with the same record and beaten the same ppl, without the show, he would get a lot more respect. Unfortunately for him though, GSP appears to be the best in the world competing at 170. I don't see anyone who is presently at that weight unseating him in the next year or more.
Ultimate_fighter
3/11/07 1:35:52PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I do think Sanchez is next in line, especially if he defeats Koscheck, but I don't think I would pick him against GSP.

If you think Diego would get the better of St. Pierre on the ground, you should watch GSP's humiliation of Frank Trigg again. Talk about a whuppin'. No way is Diego a better wrestler than Trigg, or Sean Sherk, or Matt Hughes. No way is Diego better at BJJ than B.J. Penn.

I would take GSP over any UFC Welterweight, and over most PRIDE Welterweights. Yes, I do believe he's that good - #2 or #3 on my P4P list right now (I keep swapping him and Liddell back and forth). I would give him decent odds to take Hendo's 83kg belt.

btw, I've never seen GSP and Diego standing next to each other, but I think they're about the same size.

poll77
3/11/07 3:05:00PM
i do hope that he gets his title shot but i dont see him getting the belt from gsp or hughes if hughes beats gsp somehow
Northrend
3/11/07 3:36:49PM
I see round 1 TKO..after Diego fails the takedown he will try to trade and get tagged.
Manfred
3/11/07 3:52:05PM
GSP will beat Diego, but I think Diego can beat Matt if they fight