GSP and Nick Diaz Likely on Tap for UFC Primetime, but Will Diaz Play the Game?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GSP and Nick Diaz Likely on Tap for UFC Primetime, but Will Diaz Play the Game?
pmoney
8/7/11 1:43:58PM
UFC Primetime has become a big hit leading up to some of the promotion’s marquee bouts. The series follows two main event fighters on a three-part, behind the scenes journey leading up to their fight.

For UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, the series is old hat. He’s taken part in the promotional vehicle several times. There’s a reason for that. St-Pierre is one of the most popular fighters in the sport, and he realizes that partaking in such promotional tools only helps to drive his popularity, and value, threw the roof.

Article
FastKnockout
8/7/11 2:28:55PM
Doesn't excite me. They need to start showcasing someone other then GSP and his opponents.
pmoney
8/7/11 2:47:47PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Doesn't excite me. They need to start showcasing someone other then GSP and his opponents.

I agree. It seems that show was created specifically for GSP. Granted, I am not a GSP fan by any stretch. Never have been, so I might be a little biased. But in my opinion, three weeks of watching him do God knows what before a fight is even more boring than watching him fight.

For me, the countdown shows are more than sufficient hype machines. They work for me anyways. Getting to watch the 6 fighters train and talk about their upcoming fights, seeing some old tape, for some reason, it never fails to rev me up for the weekend. Even if it's a card I might not have cared too much for.

But three weeks of GSP in night clubs or jumping rope or hitting the speed bag or whatever the **** he does.... I don't care. I don't want to watch it.

Additionally, I am in the running for Biggest Nick Diaz fan ever, and I don't care to see him on Primetime either. Not because of his personality. That I love. Nick is never, ever fake. I just don't want to see it. There is no reason for that much hype for one card. Not in the form of some reality show/documentary/ratings grab. Get your guys on Leno, or ESPN. Do the normal stuff.

Countdown shows, guys. It's all that is necessary. 5-10 minutes per fighter. Show us old tape. A little training footage. A little interview. Tell us how motivated you are. Get out there and fight like you mean what you said.
prophecy033
8/7/11 3:07:44PM
We can only get excited for GSP so much. They couldn't have picked a more entertaining guy then DIAZ to be the other guy showcased tho. DIAZ is never at a lose for words. I think he will play the game
Patchedup15
8/7/11 3:45:10PM
I like to idea of seeing Diaz.. but GSP is over done.. what are we gonna learn? White is gonna claim its new stuff and we're gonna see something new but thats BS
prozacnation1978
8/7/11 10:00:41PM
I like it but 4out of 6 with GSP is too much
Give others a chance
They should have did faber vs cruz
Bubbles
8/7/11 11:15:26PM
well seeing as i never watch a countdown, this doesnt bother me.
Jride
8/8/11 1:55:39AM
Just curious why they only do PRIMETIME for GSP when hype can be used for the much smaller PPV's?

I support anything 209 though. WAR DIAZ
ghandikush
8/8/11 9:03:57AM

Posted by Patchedup15

I like to idea of seeing Diaz.. but GSP is over done.. what are we gonna learn? White is gonna claim its new stuff and we're gonna see something new but thats BS

Diaz is not the most known fighter in the UFC audience.
icantthinkofanything
8/8/11 1:18:43PM
Diaz acts insecure imo, because he wants to be a nice guy, but feels like he has to play the bad guy always, and I think Diaz can't do an interview without being sketchy, or worried he will say something not cool.

They could use some new countdown fighters, because GSP needs a good performance to have me get excited. I am more excited about Ror'y next fight than GSP, eventhough I can't wait for the Diaz taunting in the octagon.

but i like to see the plyometric stuff,
but they dont show much sparring or ground, I wanna see GSP's great subs and strikes on tv and some real insight into his gameplans
Jride
8/8/11 5:00:09PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Patchedup15

Diaz is not the most known fighter in the UFC audience.

Diaz is well-known.

He was the biggest non-UFC draw besides Fedor.