GSP vs Nick Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » GSP vs Nick Diaz
TeamDEY
5/2/11 10:37:07AM
Why do so many people want to see this fight. Diaz could do NOTHING to GSP. What would he do? He would not be able to get GSP down, GSP is better in the stand up, is more explosive, faster, the list goes on and on. This fight would be the exact same thing, GSP by decision.
kingsmasher
5/2/11 10:42:00AM
To save GSP life and keep him from fighting Silva...Personally I think Anthony Johnson should be next...Another bad matchup that Silva made..

He put Johnson against Marquardt...let me guess Marquardt will win so Johnson doesnt get a title shot but Marquardt wont fight GSP....Silva is plain stupid...yeah of course theres some good fights he makes but some are just ass backwards and do not help to set up for title fights and leaves us scratching our heads saying well now who can fight for a title...
Budgellism
5/2/11 12:42:03PM

Posted by kingsmasher

To save GSP life and keep him from fighting Silva...Personally I think Anthony Johnson should be next...Another bad matchup that Silva made..

He put Johnson against Marquardt...let me guess Marquardt will win so Johnson doesnt get a title shot but Marquardt wont fight GSP....Silva is plain stupid...yeah of course theres some good fights he makes but some are just ass backwards and do not help to set up for title fights and leaves us scratching our heads saying well now who can fight for a title...

Why should Johnson get the fight? He's on a 1 fight win streak... And that was over a guy who is on a 3 fight losing streak...

How is Marquardt vs Johnson a bad match up? If Marquardt wins I'm guessing he'll get the title shot to shake things up a bit. Why not? Joe Silva is ******* incredible at his job and you have to be 1 in a million to think otherwise.
jjeans
5/2/11 1:34:29PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kingsmasher

Why should Johnson get the fight? He's on a 1 fight win streak... And that was over a guy who is on a 3 fight losing streak...

How is Marquardt vs Johnson a bad match up? If Marquardt wins I'm guessing he'll get the title shot to shake things up a bit. Why not? Joe Silva is ******* incredible at his job and you have to be 1 in a million to think otherwise.

I agreed with everything you said... Except, "How is Marquardt vs Johnson a bad match up" I just feel it wont be that exciting to watch, but no doubt it will mix up the division!
marcoDGK
5/2/11 7:34:04PM
it would be nice to see someone fight GSP that wont be scared to push forward and fight GSP. Shields Vs GSP was boring. Shields is a boring fighter to begin with and GSP is decision win type of fighter now. They should never call that man "Rush" again.

Diaz is far from a boring fighter. Always looking for the finish. doesn't always just resort to his strong suit, BJJ. I would have rather seen Diaz vs GSP than Shields Vs GSP.
Taylor8766
5/2/11 9:42:28PM

Posted by marcoDGK

it would be nice to see someone fight GSP that wont be scared to push forward and fight GSP. Shields Vs GSP was boring. Shields is a boring fighter to begin with and GSP is decision win type of fighter now. They should never call that man "Rush" again.

Diaz is far from a boring fighter. Always looking for the finish. doesn't always just resort to his strong suit, BJJ. I would have rather seen Diaz vs GSP than Shields Vs GSP.

I would agree, except for the fact that GSP would have little to no trouble with Diaz the only reason I think that the ufc wants this fight is because there both champions in theire respected organizations, however diaz poses little to no threat against gsp.

Silva is in the same boat with Okami the only reason okami got the shot was because theres no one left in the divison and okami got screwed outta a title shot so many times before. Logically GSP and Silva will more than likely be fighting each other at the end of the year or start of next year theres no way around it.
40ouncetpkid
5/3/11 12:57:59AM
All this play it safe stuff might have made GSP soft. I think Diaz would bring the best out of GSP and really made him fight to win. Probably out wrestle him so it won't be too exciting.

Id love to see it. GSP probably reverts back to his wrestling though.