GSP's Muay Thai Coach???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP's Muay Thai Coach???
scoozna
10/14/10 2:53:57PM
What was that dude's name? He seemed like a real freak. I wanna read up on that guy.
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/14/10 3:00:10PM
His name is Jean-Charles Skarbowski and he's a badass. He drinks alot, sleeps very little, and beats the **** out of people.
FastKnockout
10/14/10 3:27:37PM
He's the real deal. No joke. I laughed when Koscheck was screwing with him, because he didn't realize his life was on the line. Skarbowski could have snapped his neck.

Think of Anderson Silva without the fame, money, comfortable living, and protection of the UFC. Skarbowski is on the level of Silva with his striking, maybe higher, he just lives the tough life instead of being all cozy under the protection of the UFC.
sparky
10/14/10 6:26:56PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

His name is Jean-Charles Skarbowski and he's a badass. He drinks alot, sleeps very little, and beats the **** out of people.

AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST
10/14/10 6:40:14PM
Needs to get back from his several year vacation because GSP is becoming boring.
RyanC
10/14/10 7:19:24PM

Posted by AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST

Needs to get back from his several year vacation because GSP is boring.

Fixed.
scoozna
10/15/10 3:11:58PM

Posted by AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST

Needs to get back from his several year vacation because GSP is becoming boring.

As far as trends go, I think the current trend towards wrestlers' dominating could be thwarted by much stronger Muay Thai skills. And how exciting would that be if wrestlers were suddenly scared to shoot in or were getting KO'd by knees to the face more often?

I know that doesn't have much to do with GSP...just sayin'.
teddythetuna
10/15/10 10:00:25PM
Yeah that dude was intense. The fact that GSP warned everybody before he arrived says a lot. This guy probably doesnt take sh*t from anybody. Kos probably has no idea how close he came to getting the snot beat out of him.
Aether
10/16/10 9:34:36AM
regardless of how tough the guy is or how amazing his striking may be I really doubt if they got into a real fight that he would be able to stuff Koscheck's shot. I'm sure Josh would just put him on his back where he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Don't get me wrong the guy is clearly badass, but I think the guys saying that Josh was close to getting pummeled are forgetting that a wrestler just about always has a big advantage over a striker in a fight.
chickmagnet
10/16/10 1:09:39PM
I think Kos was just messin around with him. Plus Jean Charles offered Josh some of his post workout alcohalic beverage, and Kos took a tatse hahaha
AchillesHeel
10/16/10 3:27:17PM

Posted by Aether

regardless of how tough the guy is or how amazing his striking may be I really doubt if they got into a real fight that he would be able to stuff Koscheck's shot. I'm sure Josh would just put him on his back where he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Don't get me wrong the guy is clearly badass, but I think the guys saying that Josh was close to getting pummeled are forgetting that a wrestler just about always has a big advantage over a striker in a fight.

Da...
FastKnockout
10/16/10 11:11:08PM
You gotta think, Koscheck was screwing with him outside the octagon. Street fight is way different than an MMA fight. Taking him down wouldn't be Koscheck's biggest worry.
jawbreaker517
10/18/10 7:21:36PM
GSP would beat his own coach up!