GSP Knows How to Celebrate: "I Drank So Much That I Forgot My Whole Name"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP Knows How to Celebrate: "I Drank So Much That I Forgot My Whole Name"
SmileR
7/15/09 8:36:45PM
Georges St. Pierre has updated his Yardbarker blog with tons of fun info about his UFC 100 experience, including a description of what it felt like to tear his groin all up trying to submit Thiago Alves, and how, despite the pain, he insisted that John Danaher demonstrate what he did wrong in the fight as soon as they got backstage (still think Vaseline is the secret to this guy's success?). But the best part is when he tells us how he celebrated the victory:
The next day I went at a pool party at Rehab with all my friends who came to support me. We had a booth (cabana) and it was great spot in the place. I drank so much that I forgot my whole name. It was very cool because at one time, Thiago Alves showed up with his entourage and came in my booth (cabana) and drinking with me and congratulate me for the fight. I thought he was a class act and that prove that he was a real professional athlete and a real good person and a gentleman. I really appreciated it, he’s a great fighter and also a great gentleman, and we had a good time drinking together.

John Fitch (sic) showed up as well, and we celebrate together our victories. Shonie Carter came a little bit later with a gold speedo and a hat and a cane dressed like a pimp with his cane. He make us laugh very much and as always me and Shonie had a great time because Shonie is a good old friend of mine. We had an amazing time at Rehab then I came back to my hotel…took a little nap of one hour and went back to a club at night called Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel. I drank so much that I couldn’t sleep at night. I took my plane the following Monday – when I got on the plane…I think I was still drunk. The flight went very well. People who know me know that I can’t sleep on the plane, because I'm always afraid of flying, but the fact that I was drunk helped me out controlling my fear. I watched the movie Shawshank Redemption - it’s very, very good.

Link
Jackelope
7/15/09 8:41:06PM
Haha, right on GSP!

And Shonie Carter- Somebody has got to get a pic of that!
KUTTER
7/15/09 8:56:25PM
gotta love that guy!
Irish_Pride
7/15/09 9:10:46PM
Haha sounds like one hell of a party. GSP knows how to party haha. Nice sportsmanship from Alves to show up to the party and congratulate GSP on the fight.
tdietel01
7/15/09 9:22:38PM
tons of respect for alves going and giving congrats!!!!
Wallass
7/15/09 10:03:11PM
Sounds like a good time and agreed that Alves is a very classy guy and good sportsman After GSP's last fight and how disrespectful his previous opponent was this is a breath of fresh air.
warglory
7/15/09 11:06:00PM
You know you are a die hard mega athlete when:

The first time you see Shawshank Redemption is on a flight home from a championship title fight in Vegas...15 years after the movie came out.
jiujitsufreak74
7/15/09 11:37:10PM
ESPN should be talking about GSP, not Brock Lesnar
Jackelope
7/15/09 11:38:48PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

ESPN should be talking about GSP, not Brock Lesnar

I heard that!
RNC
7/16/09 12:10:25AM
Does anyone else do a GSP voice when they read it in their head?
Aaronno9
7/16/09 12:27:23AM

Posted by RNC

Haha, that only ever happens for me when I read GSP interveiws. Weird.
fizzle
7/16/09 12:37:17AM

Posted by RNC

LMAO i did read it how he would say it. Weird how you do that sometimes.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/16/09 2:02:11AM

Mayhem staring in awe

WAR GSP!
Jackelope
7/16/09 9:25:05AM
HAHAHAH that's WAY more gay than I thought it would be. Fricken hilarious, though!
emfleek
7/16/09 9:29:02AM

Posted by RNC

Guilty.
jiujitsufreak74
7/16/09 11:54:58AM

Posted by RNC

every time...i also use that voice when tuvok posts
Rush
7/16/09 12:48:49PM

Posted by warglory

You know you are a die hard mega athlete when:

The first time you see Shawshank Redemption is on a flight home from a championship title fight in Vegas...15 years after the movie came out.

The thing that amazes me is that GSP has claimed to be a real movie buff. I guess I have to give him a break considering he was just a kid when Shawshank came out.
icebergsnoopy
7/19/09 8:53:03AM

Posted by RNC

HAHAHAHA I do it all the time when I read his interviews . That"s some funny ****