GSP, Kenflo good gor MMA, Lesnar not so much.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP, Kenflo good gor MMA, Lesnar not so much.
postman
8/12/08 3:37:20PM
“Can you see me now? Can you see me now?”

Yes Brock. You are a 280 pound man standing 6 foot 3, 4 or 5 depending on what website we use as a reference. We can see you; in fact it is hard to miss you.

MMATraining.com
nickcuc547
8/12/08 5:01:18PM
i don't know how any guy with that much talent is bad for mma, sure he's raw but what he's good at he's better than everybody else. so if lesnar is bad for the sport then so is tito, bj or anybody who has ever taunted an opponent, what a joke.
gsquat
8/12/08 5:26:41PM
Lesnar is great for MMA. He's got credentials, power, "the look", and a personality that sells like crazy.
GrizzlyChadams
8/12/08 5:27:38PM
I think his showboating in the ring just reflects poorly on MMA because it makes MMA seem like WWE. This isn't pro wrestling and i think you should be respetful to your opponent
postman
8/12/08 6:38:02PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i don't know how any guy with that much talent is bad for mma, sure he's raw but what he's good at he's better than everybody else. so if lesnar is bad for the sport then so is tito, bj or anybody who has ever taunted an opponent, what a joke.

I would tend to agree with you the show boating is not needed is all.
Jackelope
8/12/08 6:44:50PM
I'd encourage everyone to read this article. Whether you agree with the writer's points or not the article is written well.
Pskinner_mma314
8/13/08 2:20:46AM

Posted by postman

“Can you see me now? Can you see me now?”

Yes Brock. You are a 280 pound man standing 6 foot 3, 4 or 5 depending on what website we use as a reference. We can see you; in fact it is hard to miss you.

JohnnyNapalm
8/13/08 3:03:28AM
Brock Lesnar...

He's no Kimbo Slice...

But he's alright in my books
Pookie
8/13/08 3:14:33AM
ive never really gotten the point how someone is bad for mma, MMA is bigger than one person by such a large margin that no one person could bring it down.

To me this is all just someone saying they didnt think he acted professionally.. the whole bad for mma concept is kind of stupid. Who cares what people who dont watch the sport think about the sport?
If i made some delicious pasta and someone didnt try it but said it was a disgusting dish because they took a pepper off of it and just ate that piece, i cant take that person's opinion seriously... he just ate a pepper, not my pasta. One fight/game is not reflective of any sport, anyone who doesnt understand this has no business writing about sports or assessing it to begin with
I hope that made sense.
warglory
8/13/08 12:17:42PM
Yes, he showboated, but it was one match and his first win in the UFC. There was a lot of stress riding on this guy, I think he deserves some leeway on this one.
JimmieDD
8/13/08 9:05:40PM

Posted by Pookie

ive never really gotten the point how someone is bad for mma, MMA is bigger than one person by such a large margin that no one person could bring it down.

To me this is all just someone saying they didnt think he acted professionally.. the whole bad for mma concept is kind of stupid. Who cares what people who dont watch the sport think about the sport?
If i made some delicious pasta and someone didnt try it but said it was a disgusting dish because they took a pepper off of it and just ate that piece, i cant take that person's opinion seriously... he just ate a pepper, not my pasta. One fight/game is not reflective of any sport, anyone who doesnt understand this has no business writing about sports or assessing it to begin with
I hope that made sense.

One of the weirdest analogies ever.
SociopathX
8/13/08 10:02:53PM
Lesnar rules, bad sportsmanship makes it interesting.

If I were in the UFC and that good i'd be talkin mad shit and doing it too.
BIGKAT
8/13/08 10:36:50PM

Posted by JimmieDD

Posted by Pookie

I hope that made sense.

"he just ate a pepper, not my pasta. "
TimW001
8/13/08 11:34:23PM

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by JimmieDD

Posted by Pookie

I hope that made sense.

"he just ate a pepper, not my pasta. "

Strange, but very well said!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/13/08 11:38:47PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Brock Lesnar...

He's no Kimbo Slice...

But he's alright in my books

i seriously hope this was a joke