GSP Greased ??!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GSP Greased ??!!
« Previous Page
tuvok500
2/1/09 5:14:24PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Dtime_NBT
2/1/09 5:47:35PM
Penn should have put some vaseline on him, because he was getting rough rode.
Dtime_NBT
2/1/09 5:50:24PM
And As For Penn Dont Call Somebody A Bitch And Then Instantly Be Made His Bitch.

prozacnation1978
2/1/09 6:46:14PM
penn got his butt kicked what a sore loser
motorboatensob
2/1/09 8:07:20PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by StevieC

ALL of this conversation over that???

Give me a break!

GSP doesn't even realize it's happening....

I don't see how that help GSP punch Penn's face over and over and take him down at will.....

Yep you have no clue what your corner is doing to you and there is no way it helps you. It want help you keep away from someone or help you pass there guard or keep you from pushing them off you. Weather it would have changed the out come or not it still isn't right. The fact is BJ gassed early but it still isn't right and if this has been going on before it could do to GSP what all the steroids things have do to baseball.

if they rubbed it all over his back it would help, but not his shoulders like they did, plus you can clearly see that they wiped it off immediately after, the only point in that fight where it would have helped is possibly when bj had rubber guard, i do want to watch the fight again to see if he slid off or powered his way off, because he definitely powered his way to those guard passes and his posturing, bj was throwing his legs up all fight and he wasn't sliding off he was getting overpowerd, and it was pretty clear while watching it.

Well when you got back and watch it you will see how BJ could no longer get the rubber guard. I had it on DVR and you can clearly see how his leg just slides off. I'm not saying this is why he lost but had GSP not got him down and lay ed on him in the 2nd BJ might "might not " have been so gased coming out for the third. I really don't think it was BJ's conditioning that messed him up because when he was out of shape in the first fight he made it till the the end so I don't know if he had a big adrenaline drop or what.
Boo_Radley21
2/1/09 8:07:31PM
The thing that makes me believe it was unintentional is that if you ever watch a GSP fight, he gets rubbed down by his corner every time he fights. It's not cheating, they're always rubbing him.
casey64
2/1/09 8:21:01PM
Penn got demolished, I never seen it coming but it happened. I seen it being an all out war.
Tein_Lung
2/1/09 10:48:30PM
BJ cannot accpet he got his ass beat like a red headed step child... so hes got to try and come up with an excuse for doing what he always does... and that is gas when he gets taken past the half way point of the second round... GPS could of been in a full Gi and would of still beat BJ in that fight
roadking95th
2/1/09 11:01:23PM
I would be curious what the response would be to this scenerio.

GSP is fighting Alves and taking him down at will. In between rounds, Alves' cornerman accidentally rubs vaseline on Alves' legs. Not one round, but two. Don't worry though, the commission took two seconds, as Alves walks away, to rub his legs lightly with a towel.
tuvok500
2/1/09 11:22:17PM

Posted by roadking95th

I would be curious what the response would be to this scenerio.

GSP is fighting Alves and taking him down at will. In between rounds, Alves' cornerman accidentally rubs vaseline on Alves' legs. Not one round, but two. Don't worry though, the commission took two seconds, as Alves walks away, to rub his legs lightly with a towel.

GSP would kick Alves ass anyways so no complain man !!

GSP will probably take him down with his jumping style takedown in the middle of the cage.
Then when Alves wil be gassed, all takedown gonna come easily.

Don't expect GSP to try to take Alves down A LA KOSCHECK style, atleast not at the beginning of the fight, when he will feel that Alves is gassing or is giving up he will take him apart grease or no grease, Alves can even use PL-100 chain lubricant if he want, it is not going to save him.

roadking95th
2/1/09 11:27:47PM
guess the devil's advocate didn't work

I think Alves' best chance would be one of those Turkish wrestling matches. You know where they completely grease up and one of the ways they get holds is to ram their arms down the other guys crack ok, maybe I went a little too far
motorboatensob
2/1/09 11:29:08PM
For any one who said they wiped GSP off the Commissioner noticed this in between rounds 1 and 2 he didn't get wiped off until between rounds 2 and 3 and round 2 is when GSP started to do the most of his damage.
thepitbull00
2/2/09 12:03:27AM
If BJ Penn was looking to make a legacy for himself he sure picked the wrong way to do it. Now people may not remember him as one of the greatest lightweights ever. But they sure will remember the time he got his ass beat and the cried about it because he wasn't man enough to admit that he got outclassed from bell to bell.
urbman
2/2/09 1:00:49AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

The thing that makes me believe it was unintentional is that if you ever watch a GSP fight, he gets rubbed down by his corner every time he fights. It's not cheating, they're always rubbing him.

Excessive rubbing???
roadking95th
2/2/09 1:05:22AM
FYI

Finally got a chance to watch the fight again. I noticed the greasing after every round. Also, one doesn't see it after the fourth, as all the attention is on BJ, but one does see the NSAC official already holding a towel when GSP learns he won.

hmmm......

I don't know, I got a bad feeling about this.....
Wolfenstein
2/2/09 1:21:19AM

Posted by urbman

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Excessive rubbing???

GSP isn't the only one guilty of this excessive rubbing fad...

DosBox
2/2/09 1:34:10AM
Its a shame.

I would have figured a lot of controversy would have ensued if the fight went to the judges and if it was a very close fight. However, after the fight I was a bit relieved with the outcome because it was such a clear cut victory that I did not expect controversy to storm the forums.

If anything I would have figured that there would have been a few people that would have tried to justify some "lay n pray, ultimate takedown championship" comments, because George was able to utilize his wrestling (which is unfortunate as well).

But it appears that "Greasing" is now the common speculization. To me that is just unfortunate. However, I wish to say that I am not here to reproach the hardcore B.J Penn fans. Do I think that if the fight went different and B.J Penn would have won that the hardcore GSP fans would have made some speculization... my gut instinct tells me yes. Its just when there is a fight at this magnitude there looks to me too much to gain for some fans, and too much to lose for other fans.

My opinion on this particular issue I believe would not settle the dispute. Now about the fight, I expected GSP to use his wrestling to try towin this fight. The strategy, the ability, and the outcome was ultimately there; unfortunantely that does not look like it is enough. Too bad.

motorboatensob
2/2/09 1:59:45AM
I just wish it would have been a better fight instead of all this talk and not been so one sided.
AO
2/2/09 12:09:28PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by StevieC

ALL of this conversation over that???

Give me a break!

GSP doesn't even realize it's happening....

I don't see how that help GSP punch Penn's face over and over and take him down at will.....

Yep you have no clue what your corner is doing to you and there is no way it helps you. It want help you keep away from someone or help you pass there guard or keep you from pushing them off you. Weather it would have changed the out come or not it still isn't right. The fact is BJ gassed early but it still isn't right and if this has been going on before it could do to GSP what all the steroids things have do to baseball.

if they rubbed it all over his back it would help, but not his shoulders like they did, plus you can clearly see that they wiped it off immediately after, the only point in that fight where it would have helped is possibly when bj had rubber guard, i do want to watch the fight again to see if he slid off or powered his way off, because he definitely powered his way to those guard passes and his posturing, bj was throwing his legs up all fight and he wasn't sliding off he was getting overpowerd, and it was pretty clear while watching it.

Well when you got back and watch it you will see how BJ could no longer get the rubber guard. I had it on DVR and you can clearly see how his leg just slides off. I'm not saying this is why he lost but had GSP not got him down and lay ed on him in the 2nd BJ might "might not " have been so gased coming out for the third. I really don't think it was BJ's conditioning that messed him up because when he was out of shape in the first fight he made it till the the end so I don't know if he had a big adrenaline drop or what.

it also doesnt really help that bj doesnt even know how to properly close a rubber guard lmao. he grabbed wrong 2 or 3 times and gsp just postured out easily.

completely a non arguement. bj got his ass handed to him.
Hendo67
2/3/09 2:29:53PM
Pages: 1 [2]