Gsp vs. Fitch

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gsp vs. Fitch
jawbreaker517
7/7/08 7:13:58PM
GSP,Fitch: will it be a barn-burner?
Pookie
7/7/08 7:15:30PM
it should be good... i think this will be the toughest fight hes had thus far as fitch is great on teh ground. But i still dont see him winning. GsP by UD i think.
fonduktoe
7/7/08 7:17:01PM
gsp eats wrestlers for breakfast
i see a tko in gsp's future
MoJoy
7/7/08 7:19:06PM
GSP forceful victory round 2 tko. These guys are not in the same class. You think GSP would have trouble almost losing to Chris Wilson like Fitch did. I think Alves or Sanchez will give him a tougher battle.
Purge
7/7/08 7:22:26PM
Everything Fitch does, GSP just does better, GSP by whatever the hell he wants, in round 2.
FrankTheTank1181
7/7/08 7:36:34PM

Posted by Purge

Everything Fitch does, GSP just does better, GSP by whatever the hell he wants, in round 2.

I'm not saying it will be an easy fight for GSP though, hopefully it's exciting
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 7:42:52PM
i think its a matter of if we see a different Jon that night. i think a lot of people are goin to change their minds about this fight when words are tossed back and fourth...i know GSP is great and i love him (i love him but im not in love with him lol) and i see this fight going to decision but with GSP winning every round decisively....
MFOTHER
7/7/08 7:52:44PM
im bettin the house on george
Aaronno9
7/7/08 7:56:17PM
I think gsp is taking a decision. Hes better than Jon in every aspect imo, but Jons so good i dont see gsp being able to dominate him in any position, so unless Fitch gasses i dont see how gsp can finish him. Hes got awesome sub defence, and a good reach combined with his own good striking which should prevent gsp from causing to much damage standing. I actually think this fight will be boring and involve alot of lay nd pray and transitional work on the ground.
mkiv9secsupra
7/7/08 8:08:53PM
Fitch is going to control the standup(i firmly believe GSP is only a mediocre striker) wihle GSP is going to dominate on the ground. GSP is going to finish with a GnP TKO late in the 3rd or 4th
warglory
7/7/08 8:12:55PM
Everything Fitch does, GSP does better? That is fallacious if you ask me.

Fitch has DOMINATED every single opponent he has had in the UFC against quality opponents. The only reason why GSP gets more respect than Fitch is because he has fought name brand opponents. Fitch has shown he is almost impossible to submit, so any jits GSP throws his way will be shut down in my opinion. GSP managed to maul Koscheck, so now all of a sudden GSP is the destroyer of all wrestlers. How many people here think that Koscheck would beat Jon Fitch? I think Fitch would lay waste to Koscheck just like he did to Diego (which should NEVER have been a split decision).

With the betting odds the way they are, it would be stupid for anyone to bet against a top notch opponent such as Fitch. Personally, I am betting a shitload on Fitch because I legitimately think he has a strong chance at not only beating GSP, but beating him decisively. In fact, I think Fitch has much more momentum going into this match than GSP does.

If anyone wants to lay down an avatar bet with me, I'd be more than happy to do it.
whardin19
7/7/08 8:18:03PM
I'm definetally saying it will be a "barn burner" as you put it. I predicting now this will be a top 5 fight of the year. I might be a little biased though seeing as I'm a huge Jon Fitch fan. But I don't see this fight ever being boring. Both are exciting fighters. WAR Fitch!!!!
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 8:24:43PM

Posted by warglory

Fitch has DOMINATED every single opponent he has had in the UFC against quality opponents. The only reason why GSP gets more respect than Fitch is because he has fought name brand opponents. Fitch has shown he is almost impossible to submit, so any jits GSP throws his way will be shut down in my opinion. GSP managed to maul Koscheck, so now all of a sudden GSP is the destroyer of all wrestlers. How many people here think that Koscheck would beat Jon Fitch? I think Fitch would lay waste to Koscheck just like he did to Diego (which should NEVER have been a split decision).

With the betting odds the way they are, it would be stupid for anyone to bet against a top notch opponent such as Fitch. Personally, I am betting a shitload on Fitch because I legitimately think he has a strong chance at not only beating GSP, but beating him decisively. In fact, I think Fitch has much more momentum going into this match than GSP does.

If anyone wants to lay down an avatar bet with me, I'd be more than happy to do it.

what your takin fitch, sure i'll bet with ya im not exactly sure how they work but i'll catch on....so i will definately take Georges
holt8081
7/7/08 10:41:40PM

Posted by fonduktoe

gsp eats wrestlers for breakfast
i see a tko in gsp's future

I dont think GSP can knock some one out.
RandyCouture
7/7/08 10:46:07PM
Fitch is way better then KOS IMO ive seen videos of them sparing and read stuff from inside there camp. When they spar FItch is always frustrating KOS in the stand up and Fitch is more crafty and has better wrestling. Plus Fitch has KOS to help him not to make the same mistakes as he did against GSP. Call me crazy and laugh but im going out on a limb and saying. Dont get me wrong but I think Fitch will have the better night. GSP is the way better fighter IMO but i think fitch just takes it for some reason.

Fitch UD haha prob the only 1.
NatedawgThaM
7/7/08 10:56:50PM

Posted by warglory

Fitch has shown no weakness so their is no reason to count him out of ANY fight. I know GSP is the favorite and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not going to sit here and say Fitch is better then GSP in some place since Fitch knows he has no clear advantage. On UFC.com he said he's not better then GSP in any area and will be looking for precision punching and accuracy and a perfectly placed punch to take GSP out or at least rock him since GSP's wrestling isn't as great when he's rocked and it's easier to sprawl.(see the 1st Serra fight)

I think with Kos helping him train take down defense and Swick helping him with the size advantage and striking on the feet, Fitch has a really good chance. I'm really rooting for my boy and am picking him by 2nd-3rd round TKO/KO.

eyeforeigneye
7/8/08 12:19:22AM
Jon Fitch will win by decision.

i dont need an explanation, im just a Jon Fitch fan who also thinks GSP is a touch overrated amongst the mma community.. i mean come on, Matt ****** Serra beat him in the first round... he's not THAT good obviously... lash out all you want, im not listening..

and im not betting my avatar, because thats dumb shit.
RandyCouture
7/8/08 12:21:41AM
WAR JOHN FITCH
MFOTHER
7/8/08 12:31:36AM

all i'm saying is his last fight, which wasnt even againts his hardest opponent, was NOT domination
sammyd1213
7/8/08 12:33:55AM
Im a huge Fitch fan, but I dont see him winning this fight. I do think he will be a tough fight for GSP though. A tougher matchup than Alves.
Pitbull09
7/8/08 12:44:19AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by warglory

Fitch has shown no weakness so their is no reason to count him out of ANY fight. I know GSP is the favorite and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not going to sit here and say Fitch is better then GSP in some place since Fitch knows he has no clear advantage. On UFC.com he said he's not better then GSP in any area and will be looking for precision punching and accuracy and a perfectly placed punch to take GSP out or at least rock him since GSP's wrestling isn't as great when he's rocked and it's easier to sprawl.(see the 1st Serra fight)

I think with Kos helping him train take down defense and Swick helping him with the size advantage and striking on the feet, Fitch has a really good chance. I'm really rooting for my boy and am picking him by 2nd-3rd round TKO/KO.

Fitch has great training partners for this fight. Kos knows what he is up against and I think GSP is in trouble if he can't take him down.
The Serra reference is a little off. I mean, come on, it was like a one minute fight and any guy rocked isnt going to have good takedowns. GSP was stupid there and should have fell on his back and recovered but continued standing like a moron. If you ask me, he did every possibly needed for Serra to win that fight.
I am picking GSP for this fight, 3rd or 4th round submission but I will put a shitload of money on Fitch for how this site underestimates him.

Every needs to look at GSP's competitors and notice that he has built his career off of wrestlers. Alves and Fitch are destroying the division just as good as he has for good reason, they are well verse in striking! When looking at it, I think GSP is bound to lose his title soon with guys like Fitch, then prob Alves, then hopefully Anthony Johnson to fight. All these guys are going to be premier strikers.

The matchup I am looking forward to is hopefully a Alves/Fitch fight as they are the guys who I see ruling the division
copcopps
7/8/08 10:23:02AM
I want Fitch to win but I think GSP will take it by 3rd round TKO