GSP Vs Fitch

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » GSP Vs Fitch
clintjack
10/8/07 1:37:14AM
How good would this fight be, I think they will have these 2 fight and that will decide who is next in line to fight other Hughes or Serra.
NatedawgThaM
10/8/07 1:44:18AM
Nah, This fight will go down after Hughes dominates Serra and then GSP dominates Hughes and around the same time Fitch dominates some other top welter weight and they meet in the summer HOPEFULLY...

But Hell yeah this would be a fast paced ALL OUT WAR since their both INCREDIBALLY WELL ROUNDED. Has WW fight of the year all over it...
clintjack
10/8/07 1:55:45AM
What other top welterweight is there right now? I mean Karo is out there and BJ actually a Penn/Fitch bout would be good as well.
Cladrix
10/8/07 2:12:42AM
Yeah GSP vs. Fitch would be an all out slobberknocker. but befor that happens I want to see Akihiro Gono vs. Fitch.... I think this fight will be awesome.
CwB
10/8/07 4:07:50AM
if gsp has his head in the game then i think he is unbeatable...
look how he dominated both hughes and koscheck, except for that slip up against serra i think he is the #2 fighter in the world 1 being fedor.

and that is coming from a huge hughes fan
i think fitch would put up a fight but gsp all the way
Aries2343
10/8/07 7:20:03AM
No Joe Silva already granted GSP his tittle shot it wouldnt be fare if they put him agaist Fitch first
mrliquid
10/8/07 10:50:17AM
Karo is awsome I think him and gsp should battle it out to fight the winner of hughes and serra.
Tailgunner
10/8/07 1:55:00PM

Posted by mrliquid

Karo is awsome I think him and gsp should battle it out to fight the winner of hughes and serra.

Why? Karo has already lost to Diego Sanchez and GSP. Karo needs to at the very least fight Koscheck and Fitch before he gets a title shot.

Karo is good but he is still a gatekeeper IMO.
johny_rotten
10/8/07 2:02:19PM

Posted by Cladrix

Yeah GSP vs. Fitch would be an all out slobberknocker. but befor that happens I want to see Akihiro Gono vs. Fitch.... I think this fight will be awesome.

Gono will lose to Tamden at UFC 78.

Karro/Fitch should deffinitly be the next match for both fighters. Now that Lombard is out they should make this fight happen in NJ.
tuvok500
10/8/07 2:20:16PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Cladrix

Karro/Fitch should deffinitly be the next match for both fighters. Now that Lombard is out they should make this fight happen in NJ.

fitch don't have to fight karro now, he is already higher in the ranking, he won against sanchez who has won against karo.

karo have to win at least 1 other fight before having to fight fitch.

and fitch is now at the point to fight his teamate koscheck to determine who will be the next to fight the futur champion GSP !! so the winner of fitch / koscheck will be the first to lose against the new champ GSP !!!

LOL

johny_rotten
10/8/07 2:34:08PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Cladrix

fitch don't have to fight karro now, he is already higher in the ranking, he won against sanchez who has won against karo.

and fitch is now at the point to fight his teamate koscheck to determine who will be the next to fight the futur champion GSP !! so the winner of fitch / koscheck will be the first to lose against the new champ GSP !!!

LOL

That is crazy. Karro holds a victory over the current UFC WW champ. Took the former WW champ the distance. Just because he lost a contraversal decision to Diego and Fitch won a contraversal decision over Diego doesn't separate the two that much in the race for the belt. With the wait being long for the next WW title match up these two fighting is the only thing that makes sense.
tuvok500
10/8/07 2:46:46PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Cladrix

LOL

That is crazy. Karro holds a victory over the current UFC WW champ. Took the former WW champ the distance. Just because he lost a contraversal decision to Diego and Fitch won a contraversal decision over Diego doesn't separate the two that much in the race for the belt. With the wait being long for the next WW title match up these two fighting is the only thing that makes sense.

man, karo lost was not contraversal, and fitch win was very clear too, maybe your love for karo make you see something that don't exist.
and the fact that he have a victory over serra is not a reason to put the him 5 spot higher than he should be, serra himself is 10 spot higher than he should be so..

ocho-cinco
10/8/07 3:01:55PM

The only contraversial part of Fitchs decision over Sanchez was, why was it even a split? Fitch won that fight hands down. I agree that Karo isn't far behind Fitch but he is behind, and I don't think it would be fair to Fitch for him to have to beat Karo after the long list of guys he has already beaten to get his shot. He has more then proven himself worthy of a title shot and should be next in line after GSP.
CwB
10/8/07 4:48:19PM
but then what happens,
gsp sits around for six months waiting for his shot,
fitch would have to sit around for atleast 9 months for his shot if he deserves one right now.

i think fitch and karo makes sense karo deserves a title shot since he had on once but had to pull out due to injury and has only lost to diego since, and fitch deserves a title shot for being such a monster and for paying his dues with so many fights.

plus if hughes beats serra and gsp beats hughes, im sure the ufc would want to make a rematch between serra and gsp. witch might put fitch and karo on a one year wait for a title shot.

to many contenders and not enough belts... (at 170)

My point is that as much as fitch deserves a title shot he still needs one more fight before he gets one so he doesnt sit around for a year waiting, and since gsp deserves and is getting his shot next, the only logical match for fitch is Karo winner getting a title shot after gsp
cmill21
10/8/07 4:55:19PM
It's not a matter of to many it's a matter of serra getting like 9 months between fights. Thats BS IMO Hughes and Serra should have already fought.
juanez13
10/8/07 5:06:24PM
i'd say GSP takes it
HulkRage
10/8/07 6:01:43PM
Karo vs. Fitch first IMO
cmill21
10/8/07 6:13:19PM
If GSP's focused he's unbeatable. He's so good at everything, he beats you at your own game, or exploits your weakness.
loonytnt
10/8/07 6:16:59PM
i say this fight should happen soon so when matt vs matt fight happens they got a fighter for the champ already, the ww div is going slow atm i think it will speed things up, serra vs hughes on TUF showed it down imo
Pitbull09
10/8/07 7:20:06PM
I think Pierre already is guarenteed a shot. Fitch will prob fight Serra (once he loses to hughes) and after that get a shot.
tuvok500
10/8/07 7:38:28PM
GSP is guanranteed to fight the winner of the 2 matt. it is 100% sure and he will not have to fight before that.
so all these guys, fitch, karo, koscheck and the loser matt will have to compete against each others to be the guy who will fight GSP after his win.

so please peoples stop saying that gsp / fitch winner will have a title shot , or fitch will be next in line, because the only one who do not have to win another fight before a title shot is GSP. it has been announced a while ago.

johny_rotten
10/8/07 10:14:28PM

Posted by ocho-cinco

The only contraversial part of Fitchs decision over Sanchez was, why was it even a split? Fitch won that fight hands down. I agree that Karo isn't far behind Fitch but he is behind, and I don't think it would be fair to Fitch for him to have to beat Karo after the long list of guys he has already beaten to get his shot. He has more then proven himself worthy of a title shot and should be next in line after GSP.

Karro isn't one of my favorite fighters, but I do hate Diego. I think Fitch won that fight, but some people saw it a different way. They saw Diego going for more, and putting Fitch in trouble with submissions. That is why Joe Rogan asked Fitch the question after the fight about what he thinks should be scored more submission attempts or submission attempts. Either way a split is always contraversal.

I was listening to MMA weekly radio before the last fight night, and right after Karro/Diego was repeated on Spike TV. Both members of the broadcast team agreed that after rewatching that fight they think Karro was robbed. Everyone remembers the tooth flying out, but no one remembers that Karro controlled about 10 minutes of that 15 minute fight. Rewatch and argue with me.

The main point is Fitch can't wait for his title shot before he fights again. We are still two months away from Matt vs Matt before the UFC can even schedule GSP to fight the winner. Hopefully no one wins and gets a major injury, but either way Fitch needs another fight before the middle of next year when the title can be up for grabs again. Fitch and Karro both have 7 wins in the UFC. To me he deserves to be a little closer to the title fight than Fitch considering he was already awarded one, defeated the current champ, and has fought in more meaning full fights than Fitch. I see where the case could be made for Fitch, but honestly the two faceing off is the best case scenario stemming from the mess Dana created when he chose the two current coaches for TUF in a very deep division.
Schizoidman
10/9/07 2:22:59AM
I agree, Karo and Fitch would be a best-case fight, and hopefully an exciting one. I didn't find Fitch's win over Sanchez to be impressive. He won off playing position like any boring wrestler does. At least Diego tried to finish off his back. It shows versatility, and submission attempts should count for something. I'm tired of watching bigger guys lay on smaller guys for the whole round. And then the next whole round. I find that the judges forget that you can still control a fight from your back. I hope that Joe Rogan's mentioning of the flawed scoring system sparks a change because right now it definately favors wrestlers. Anyway, Fitch's win over Diego doesn't really mean much to me since Diego is falling off anyway. At least Karo fought him when he still had some fire. Fitch just squeeked out a lackluster decision just like Koscheck did.