GSP Fired up vs. Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GSP Fired up vs. Diaz
Geoffo
10/30/11 9:24:11PM
Anyone extremely excited about GSP being so fired up to fight Diaz?
Anyone have the slightest hope that GSP will finish this fight, or punish Diaz like he said he would?
He's destroyed Koschecks face, Alves' face, Fitch's face, can see this easily happen to Diaz.
Styles
10/30/11 9:28:14PM
Its been a long time since GSP has carried some hate into a fight. I think the last time was GSP/Serra 1
Chael_Sonnen
10/30/11 9:32:17PM
Lets just hope Nick doesn't go AWOL again for the pressers.
NaturalBornKiller92
10/30/11 9:53:41PM

Posted by Styles

Its been a long time since GSP has carried some hate into a fight. I think the last time was GSP/Serra 1

Koscheck?
KungFuMaster
10/30/11 10:31:11PM
I think you meant GSP vs Serra II.

Anyway, I certainly hope it is the case that it was GSP's idea to fight Diaz and not anyone else's. And if it is, win or lose, I can almost guaranteed GSP will try to finish this fight.

SpiderSilva
10/30/11 11:14:31PM
Last time someone trash talked GSP he broke his face and he didn't fight for what 8-9 months
tcunningham
10/31/11 12:12:57AM
we'll see. i think GSP will punish diaz, but not like he says he will. probably dominate him for 5 rounds for the UD. GSP aint a finisher, probably never will be, you cant deny what hes accomplished though
prophecy033
10/31/11 12:27:03AM
I think GSP takes a UD. Diaz may steal a few rounds and I'm sure he's gonna bang GSP up a bit, but GSP is so good at capitalizing on other guys mistakes. If it hits the ground and Diaz tries a sub that doesn't pay off, GSP will be all over him.
kingsmasher
10/31/11 11:10:20AM
Not impressed with Diaz still just cause he beat a BJ Penn who is wanting to retire...yawn...I saw this coming a mile away...I knew if diaz won it would be big for the UFC...IF Diaz lost it defintiely would of hurt teh UFC for matchmaking and title fights...Its pretty obvious that GSP doesnt have any desire to move up in weight...and the UFC needs fights for him...

I think Condit should fight Koscheck...
cowcatcher
10/31/11 11:12:16AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Not impressed with Diaz still just cause he beat a BJ Penn who is wanting to retire...yawn...I saw this coming a mile away...I knew if diaz won it would be big for the UFC...IF Diaz lost it defintiely would of hurt teh UFC for matchmaking and title fights...Its pretty obvious that GSP doesnt have any desire to move up in weight...and the UFC needs fights for him...

Saw it coming a mile away but picked BJ to win...uh huh...
kingsmasher
10/31/11 12:04:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kingsmasher

Just because I picked it on here doesnt mean I didnt voice what I thought might happen elsewhere...;)

btw I knew someone was gonna get me with that....also wasnt able to make a last minute change...
cowcatcher
10/31/11 12:13:14PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kingsmasher

Just because I picked it on here doesnt mean I didnt voice what I thought might happen elsewhere...;)

btw I knew someone was gonna get me with that....also wasnt able to make a last minute change...

I just figured seeing it a mile away would give you enough time to make a change.
bjj1605
10/31/11 12:51:44PM
I'm not sure he was "fired up"

Looked more like "nervous" or "scared."

That can be a good thing for a fighter though. It gives you urgency and keeps you from getting complacent.

Diaz is the toughest challenge GSP has ever had except for Hughes.
Geoffo
10/31/11 2:57:49PM

Posted by bjj1605

That can be a good thing for a fighter though. It gives you urgency and keeps you from getting complacent.

He was fired, he said he wanted to kick the shit out of Nick Diaz pretty much. He doesn't sound scared haha
cowcatcher
10/31/11 4:11:47PM

Posted by Geoffo

Posted by bjj1605

He was fired, he said he wanted to kick the shit out of Nick Diaz pretty much. He doesn't sound scared haha

To be fair, anyone with a French accent seems on the verge of saying "I surrender" at any time. (Kidding Tuvok)
Pookie
11/1/11 4:43:02AM

Posted by cowcatcher

To be fair, anyone with a French accent seems on the verge of saying "I surrender" at any time. (Kidding Tuvok)

Don't worry, he can't reply

_______

I think Gsp is going to go for takedowns from the very first second of the very first round. And continue with that strategy all night.

If Gsp can find a way to let loose with Gnp, something he hasnt really done against bigger opponents, he can cut and bruise Diaz up. But he definitely isnt going to stop him.

Regardless of how this fight turns out, Diaz is going to be pissed off and taunting GSP's style of fighting by the end of the fight.
gartface
11/1/11 10:23:37AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

_______

I think Gsp is going to go for takedowns from the very first second of the very first round. And continue with that strategy all night.

If Gsp can find a way to let loose with Gnp, something he hasnt really done against bigger opponents, he can cut and bruise Diaz up. But he definitely isnt going to stop him.

Regardless of how this fight turns out, Diaz is going to be pissed off and taunting GSP's style of fighting by the end of the fight.

Think we'll see a Paul Daley vs Koscheck incident?
ToeZup
11/1/11 11:46:29AM
GSP is definitely taking this fight. If things get hairy on the feet he'll just out wrestle him to a UD.
Geoffo
11/1/11 12:32:09PM
I think GSP's gonna beat the shit out of him.
And Nick Diaz is gonna acknowledge him at the end of the fight.
Hey, its happened every other fight right...
Hendo67
11/1/11 1:24:58PM
GSP via angry UD... so yeah, whatever that means.
cowcatcher
11/1/11 2:00:00PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

_______

Yes, or maybe a Mayhem/Cesar Gracie guys incident. If GSP LnP's Diaz it's going to be ugly in there afterwards. The only hope for there to be no fireworks afterwards is a GSP finish, because even if Diaz wins he will probably act the fool. They should invest in security guys under age 60 for this one.
Geoffo
11/1/11 4:22:33PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

_______

Yes, or maybe a Mayhem/Cesar Gracie guys incident. If GSP LnP's Diaz it's going to be ugly in there afterwards. The only hope for there to be no fireworks afterwards is a GSP finish, because even if Diaz wins he will probably act the fool. They should invest in security guys under age 60 for this one.

The only fight GSP has done nothing in was the Jake Shields fight.
GSP's not gonna LnP Diaz. Hes gonna take him down and smash his face in. This is gonna be another GSP vs. Fitch I think. Diaz is too much of a bad ass to get finished haha. Ill laugh of GSP sub's diaz.
Pookie
11/1/11 5:11:36PM

Posted by Geoffo

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

_______

The only fight GSP has done nothing in was the Jake Shields fight.
GSP's not gonna LnP Diaz. Hes gonna take him down and smash his face in. This is gonna be another GSP vs. Fitch I think. Diaz is too much of a bad ass to get finished haha. Ill laugh of GSP sub's diaz.

I apologize if you're not replying to me, but it feels like you are. Unsure really. But i didn't say Gsp does nothing in his fights, but rather when he has a strategy to wrestle, he does very little GnP against fighters who are bigger or bulkier than him. In theory, it makes sense that he would want to hold position more, so that he uses less energy and makes his opponents use more, rather than expending himself on Gnp and incidentally letting his opponents back up.

The opponents he's wrestled and did very little Gnp - Thiago Alves and Dan Hardy and Koscheck 1. Both very big for the division in terms of Mass.

The opponents he's wrestled and did Gnp to shreds - Bj Penn and Serra 2 and Sherk. All small for WW in terms of Mass.

Against bigger opponents he usually opts to stand against the Wrestlers, or to hold position against the strikers.