GSP vs. the current welterweight fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » GSP vs. the current welterweight fighters
ricoj3323
11/21/07 6:49:11PM
This is how I think GSP would do against some top welterweight fighters

GSp vs Fitch: Now this would be a match to see, I would say gsp would dominate fitch like he did his teammate kos, gsp has got the advantage in the standup and the ground

GSP vs. karo: GSP would defend the takedowns very well and he will ground and pound karo

GSP vs marcus davis: knockout in the 2nd round, marcus in not on that level yet

GSP vs. Alves: This would be a fast, slugfest and alves would be tkod in the 1st rd

GSP vs jake shields: Jake shields would get dominated, he would try and take gsp down but wouldn't be able 2 and then he would just get smashed

GSP vs. matt serra II: oh its on, serra will regret beating gsp cause gsp will make him look horrible and that small dude complex won't work for serra, tko by gsp in 2nd rd

GSP vs Mike swick: this would be a standup war, i think this one would go to the decision for gsp

I know u can tell i'm biased cause gsp is my favorite fighter cause, but when gsp is on his A game no one in the world can beat him
adamsb
11/21/07 7:01:13PM
get off his nuts he is good i hive u that but he is not unbeatable
tuvok500
11/21/07 7:04:33PM

Posted by ricoj3323

This is how I think GSP would do against some top welterweight fighters

GSp vs Fitch: Now this would be a match to see, I would say gsp would dominate fitch like he did his teammate kos, gsp has got the advantage in the standup and the ground

GSP vs. karo: GSP would defend the takedowns very well and he will ground and pound karo

GSP vs marcus davis: knockout in the 2nd round, marcus in not on that level yet

GSP vs. Alves: This would be a fast, slugfest and alves would be tkod in the 1st rd

GSP vs jake shields: Jake shields would get dominated, he would try and take gsp down but wouldn't be able 2 and then he would just get smashed

GSP vs. matt serra II: oh its on, serra will regret beating gsp cause gsp will make him look horrible and that small dude complex won't work for serra, tko by gsp in 2nd rd

GSP vs Mike swick: this would be a standup war, i think this one would go to the decision for gsp

I know u can tell i'm biased cause gsp is my favorite fighter cause, but when gsp is on his A game no one in the world can beat him

except that Swick will get KO before the end, even if he is dropping to the WW, i think he will decide to go to the LW after fighting GSP !! LOL

you forgot Hughes, who will get KO for the second time live in Montreal !!! and i will be there !!

GO GSP !!!

NatedawgThaM
11/21/07 7:14:48PM
GSP would beat every WW but ONE. That guys name is Jon Fitch. I think Jon Fitch would kick his ass. He's the 5X better version of Diego Sanchez. He's way to explosive. His striking can hang with anybody and he's the best wrestler at 170 IMO.

I think Fitch and GSP would be Ali/Fraizer of the WW's! It's a must see action packed dream fight!

I still think Jon Fitch is STILL underrated and has beat the who's who of 170. GSP hasn't. Yeah he's beaten Sherk(Dropped down), Matt Hughes(Past His prime) and Frank Trigg(not that great). and BJ Penn in a extremely close fight. But that's all he's beaten. Yeah that is a HUGE accomplishment but while he was beating the bigger names Fitch was killing off and picking apart EVERY up and comer and EARNED his title shot which he deserves. GSP got KTFO and then beats Kos who's not a big win IMO and he gets right back in?

That's bullshit. Fitch & Karo deserve title shots way before he does. He blew his title reign. Let others have there shot.

WAR FITCH AT 170!!!
tuvok500
11/21/07 7:29:51PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

GSP would beat every WW but ONE. That guys name is Jon Fitch. I think Jon Fitch would kick his ass. He's the 5X better version of Diego Sanchez. He's way to explosive. His striking can hang with anybody and he's the best wrestler at 170 IMO.

I think Fitch and GSP would be Ali/Fraizer of the WW's! It's a must see action packed dream fight!

I still think Jon Fitch is STILL underrated and has beat the who's who of 170. GSP hasn't. Yeah he's beaten Sherk(Dropped down), Matt Hughes(Past His prime) and Frank Trigg(not that great). and BJ Penn in a extremely close fight. But that's all he's beaten. Yeah that is a HUGE accomplishment but while he was beating the bigger names Fitch was killing off and picking apart EVERY up and comer and EARNED his title shot which he deserves. GSP got KTFO and then beats Kos who's not a big win IMO and he gets right back in?

That's bullshit. Fitch & Karo deserve title shots way before he does. He blew his title reign. Let others have there shot.

WAR FITCH AT 170!!!

Fitch 5X better than Sanchez ???
well, he won a UD 29-28 and it was not a total destruction like a 5 time better guy !!

you are dreamming man , Fitch is a real good fighter but he will get KO by GSP !!!

Koscheck was humiliate at his own game against GSP !!

you are defending Houston and you want to place him still in the top ten but you are blind when it come to judges a real top fighter like GSP !!!

NatedawgThaM
11/21/07 7:38:35PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by NatedawgThaM

WAR FITCH AT 170!!!

well, he want a UD 29-28 and it was not a total destruction like a 5 time better guy !!

you are dreamming man , Fitch is a real good fighter but he will get KO by GSP !!!

you are defending Houston and you want to place him still in the top ten but you are blind when it come to judges a real top fighter like GSP !!!

It should have been 30-27!!! The judges just gave it to Sanchez for submission attempts and aggression. GSP ain't nothing compared to Fitch. Fitch is a beast. He earns his. Kos didn't even train his wrestling for the GSP fight. Yeah it was his own fault but yeah, in a wrestling match Kos destroys GSP. Fitch will destroy GSP. You really think if GSP can't finish Kos he'll finish Fitch who is way better then Kos?

Fitch wouldn't lose to a nobody like Matt Serra who hasn't beat anybody but GSP. Fitch is a beast. Remember the name.
iwannabesedated
11/21/07 7:40:47PM
I do think GSP is the top WW,However hes not unstoppable he did lose to Hughes i know a long time ago and look what happened in the Serra fight.I think Fitch and Karo would give GSP a war i couldnt really see either one of them getting dominated by him.Also dont forgot about Penn who is fighting LW now but who knows where he wants to go in the future their first fight was a war and BJ won the first round i just think if was conditioned better he wouldve won that fight.
tuvok500
11/21/07 8:02:10PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by NatedawgThaM

WAR FITCH AT 170!!!

well, he want a UD 29-28 and it was not a total destruction like a 5 time better guy !!

It should have been 30-27!!! The judges just gave it to Sanchez for submission attempts and aggression. GSP ain't nothing compared to Fitch. Fitch is a beast. He earns his. Kos didn't even train his wrestling for the GSP fight. Yeah it was his own fault but yeah, in a wrestling match Kos destroys GSP. Fitch will destroy GSP. You really think if GSP can't finish Kos he'll finish Fitch who is way better then Kos?

Fitch wouldn't lose to a nobody like Matt Serra who hasn't beat anybody but GSP. Fitch is a beast. Remember the name.

Don't worry , i know how good Fitch is, but i am not blind like you and i can see when a guy is a real top P4P fighter like GSP and a better than the average fighter like Fitch !! LOL

remenber GSP's name man, he will destroy your HEROS and you will have a to eat back your words guaranteed !!! LOL

no bad feeling !! LOL

MALICE
11/21/07 8:27:40PM
All I have to say is....Fitch is awesome, he will get his shot soon. I just hope Hughes destroys Serra, so we can see Hughes/GSP 3. This is at the top of my wishlist of fights.
NatedawgThaM
11/21/07 9:29:26PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by NatedawgThaM

WAR FITCH AT 170!!!

Don't worry , i know how good Fitch is, but i am not blind like you and i can see when a guy is a real top P4P fighter like GSP and a better than the average fighter like Fitch !! LOL

remenber GSP's name man, he will destroy your HEROS and you will have a to eat back your words guaranteed !!! LOL

no bad feeling !! LOL

Your telling me I'm making bad picks putting Houston 9 or 10 in my rankings, but lok at yours. You have freakin Chuck #5. The dude got his ass beat his last two fights, and you have him over peple who are on 2-3 fight winning streaks?

Fitch will destroy GSP and when he does I'm going to laugh so hard whenever you want to say you know who's a True P4P best. GSP didn't even earn this new title shot. Fitch ran through everybody. Fitch is and will be the #1 WW in the world for a long time. I can't see him losing. But I love how Fitch dominates everybody and takes every fight seriously likea true P4P warrior when GSP is an emotional mess and got KTFO by serra. LMAO
tuvok500
11/21/07 9:45:31PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by NatedawgThaM

WAR FITCH AT 170!!!

no bad feeling !! LOL

Your telling me I'm making bad picks putting Houston 9 or 10 in my rankings, but lok at yours. You have freakin Chuck #5. The dude got his ass beat his last two fights, and you have him over peple who are on 2-3 fight winning streaks?

Fitch will destroy GSP and when he does I'm going to laugh so hard whenever you want to say you know who's a True P4P best. GSP didn't even earn this new title shot. Fitch ran through everybody. Fitch is and will be the #1 WW in the world for a long time. I can't see him losing. But I love how Fitch dominates everybody and takes every fight seriously likea true P4P warrior when GSP is an emotional mess and got KTFO by serra. LMAO

according to your ranking GSP is 4 spot higher in the best P4P fighter than your lover Fitch !! LOL

funny that you are the one who tell me that GSP will be destroy by Fitch but you are telling in your ranking that GSP is much better than Fitch !! LOL

you are a joke man, blind walking joker !!

your P4P ranking dude !!

#1 Anderson "The Spider" Silva
#2 Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
#3 Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
#4 Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
#5 Georges "Rush " St. Pierre
#6 BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
#7 Forrest Griffin
#8 Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga
#9 Jon Fitch
#10 Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva

as for liddell,
he was the champ, he lost by one punch and i moved him to the #2 because of the one lucky punch !! after his lost to Jardine i moved him from #2 to # 5 !!
this is a real ranking according to real fight and not dreamer like you !! LOL

a drunk guy like you should not be allowed here, so go to sleep , take some pill, and tomorrow you will wake up with a lovely headache !!

let them fight and they will settle it for us, mr the clown !!

NatedawgThaM
11/21/07 9:50:44PM
I haven't updated my rankings since 77.

I already said loser that GSP has the bigger wins but Fitch is beating more of the up and comers and is dominating some of the best. GSP has the bigger wins, yeah, he can have a freakin medal.

Of course GSP is above him, he was champ. I'm just saying when they bang, Fitch is winning.

That was not a lucky punch. Chuck got KTFO. You see the 1st fight? DOMINATION. It's not Rampages fault if he only had to throw one punch to take Chucks self out. Says alot for Chucks weak chin IMO

So bite me...

jiujitsufreak74
11/21/07 9:58:22PM
o.k....

i know you guys are in a heated debate, but you have to limit the name calling or personal accusations. you both have your opinion and just argue the facts, not each others' intelligence or integrity.

anyway, i love gsp but i can think of a couple of fights where he would slip. right now i have serra number 1 but that is only b/c he is champ of the best WW division in the world. i feel gsp has a good chance to beat any one in the ufc, but to say he would dominate fitch is a little over the top, if anything that would be a great fight that would be one to remember.
tuvok500
11/21/07 10:00:55PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I haven't updated my rankings since 77.

I already said loser that GSP has the bigger wins but Fitch is beating more of the up and comers and is dominating some of the best. GSP has the bigger wins, yeah, he can have a freakin medal.

Of course GSP is above him, he was champ. I'm just saying when they bang, Fitch is winning.

That was not a lucky punch. Chuck got KTFO. You see the 1st fight? DOMINATION. It's not Rampages fault if he only had to throw one punch to take Chucks self out. Says alot for Chucks weak chin IMO

So bite me...

So be it, let them fight and stop bassing on GSP like a morron !!

you are digging a hole that you will not be able to get out !!

NatedawgThaM
11/21/07 10:06:57PM
I'm not bashing GSP. I'm just saying Fitch will beat him.
postman
11/22/07 1:32:06AM
I would have to pick GSP but him agianst Fitch would be a great fight.
veritas
11/22/07 2:49:03AM
Fitch will get his face knocked in by GSP, what are you kdding me guy? Fitch is good but god damn, you male him out to be a better wrestler than hughes. put hughes vs fitch and i guarantee hughes wins. GSP has the ability to dominate ANYBODY in the WW division and a lot of people in the MW division too. Get real man, GSP would whoop Fitch, and Im a Fitch fan for christs sake
NatedawgThaM
11/22/07 2:52:04AM

Posted by veritas

Fitch will get his face knocked in by GSP, what are you kdding me guy? Fitch is good but god damn, you male him out to be a better wrestler than hughes. put hughes vs fitch and i guarantee hughes wins. GSP has the ability to dominate ANYBODY in the WW division and a lot of people in the MW division too. Get real man, GSP would whoop Fitch, and Im a Fitch fan for christs sake

He'll DOMINATE everybody like he did Matt Serra huh? At least Fitch takes all his fights seriously and is emotionally stable. The same thing can happen to GSP in any fight.
ufcboss
11/22/07 4:47:36AM

He'll DOMINATE everybody like he did Matt Serra huh? At least Fitch takes all his fights seriously and is emotionally stable. The same thing can happen to GSP in any fight.

Crap..... Diego was Fitch's biggest fight to date, Yeah he handled himself but that win was no devistation. As far as emotion's go, Wait till Fitch has something to lose untill you speak.
Yes GSP lost against Serra, He didn't train, Whatever, If I was GSP then, Neither would of I, There was no chance of GSP losing. Thats thinking seriously!
What happened, Serra got his 1st KO, Who seen that coming, Not me, Or the rest of the world.

Peace and chill with the bashing.
hippysmacker
11/22/07 6:02:16AM
I think the entire word " domination" and similar adjectives are thrown around far too much. Fitch didn't dominate Sanchez. GSP didn't dominate Koscheck. They both were on top ,and very controlling, and I beleive deserved their victories. Although I was shocked to see both , the closest fights to dominations among top WW's lately were 1. GSP over Hughes- Although it's possible the repeated nuttshots could have been a factor, Hughes did very little in that fight before getting KOed. He almost got Koed and the end of the first also. Serra didn't just catch GSP with one lucky shot. he rocked him, pursued , rocked him again, STOOD in his guard( one time is was good to be short) and pummeled him IMO. Anybody in the top 10 at WW could beat each other on a given day if you ask me. Little nagging injuries, cuts, getting rocked or hurt early, mental state, a better gameplan, new or bad training, can all change a fight quickly. All happen to the best of them. While I think GSP is the most talented WW, that doesn't mean a lot when the bell rings. If Hughes beats Serra( which I think he will) and fights GSP again Hughes might actually be able to get on top and smother GSP. He just has to stop thinking he can stand with him, and wear him down. Still, he couldn't take him down early last time, so who knows. He could start working greco takedowns , and take GSP down form the clinch. He could survive till the 4th round ,where GSP has never gone, and outgas him till he can get a dominate position or sub. Do I think these things are likely. No, I would give Hughes a 25% chance only of they fight again, but who knows what training he's working on in his new gym. As for Fitch and GSP, we really have no frme of reference because they haven't fought yet. So all the hyperbole, and bold statements just seem weird to me.
Tailgunner
11/22/07 3:58:11PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Anybody in the top 10 at WW could beat each other on a given day if you ask me. Little nagging injuries, cuts, getting rocked or hurt early, mental state, a better gameplan, new or bad training, can all change a fight quickly. All happen to the best of them. While I think GSP is the most talented WW, that doesn't mean a lot when the bell rings.

+1 I think GSP is one of the most talented WW fighters in the world, but as Hippysmacker stated anything can happen during a fight.

One thing GSP has in his favour is his age, he just turned 26 where Serra/Hughes are both 35 years old, even Fitch is about to turn 30.

If GSP is this good at 26 he will be force in the MMA world for a long time and he will get better and stronger.

Fitch can beat GSP on any given day......but when GSP shows up 100% there aren't many people in the WW division that can hang with him.

Also to all the GSP haters who talk about his mental toughness, give the guy a break! He has only lost twice........the guy is as mentally tough as anyone.

Please lord let Hughes lose to Serra so GSP can mash him up!

GSP wants Serra bad.
Pitbull09
11/22/07 4:22:30PM
I think Fitch and Karo have the best chance against Pierre. Alves will to in a few years, hes just not at his prime yet
Rush
11/22/07 4:49:07PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

WAR FITCH AT 170!!!

Please name these big names that Fitch was picking apart?

Luigi, Roan, Hironaka all have losing records in the UFC.

Diego, Thiago, Burkman and Larson are all apparently good fighters, but Diego is the only one that is even listed in the top 10 rankings and he is currently sitting at 8th. Hell, I don't even consider Diego

Fitch seems to be good, but his record is a little padded compared to GSP's. Do not even try to downplay GSP's record. It speaks volumes. He has beaten 4 fighters currently listed in the WW top 10 and one in the LW division. OF the fighters currently in the top 10, Diaz and Diego have not fought GSP, but have been beaten by guys GSP has beaten.

Fitch needs to beat 2 more guys in the top ten before I would consider giving him a title shot and at least one of those guys must be a top 5 fighter.

Karo has really not proven to me that he can hang with the best. His record is laden with UD victories over non-top 10 fighters. Karo would not be able to stand with a competant striker. IMO, Karo seems to have peaked at the Sanchez fight and people have found a way to neutralize is judo. I don't think he has evolved with the rest of the division.

Fitch and Karo need to fight to settle who is the gatekeeper and who is the contender.
Kainlock
11/22/07 9:37:36PM
Well Hopefully by the end of 08, these two will have fought one way or another.
cmill21
11/22/07 9:52:15PM
A game to A game I honestly believe GSP can beat anyone in the WW div. Like Hippy said being the better fighter doesn't always garentee your going to win.
MMAFightClothes
11/24/07 4:22:47PM
I'm with HippySmacker here, I don't see how anyone can be sure of who would win that fight. Even if they fought once and one of them dominated I wouldn't be so sure the next time....