GSP answers all the questions

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GSP answers all the questions
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 9:41:16AM
MONTREAL - Georges St. Pierre answered the questions about his ability to handle pressure with a dominant win over Matt Serra to become the undisputed Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight champion Saturday night at the Bell Centre.

The match drew more interest throughout the country of Canada than any match in UFC history. There were more than 120 credentialed media for the fight, and more than 1,000 bars and restaurants across the country ordered the fight, believed to break a record set in 2002 by the Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson boxing match.

A crowd of 21,390 fans paid in excess of $5 million USD, selling the building out to almost exclusively UFC Fight Club fans, with virtually no tickets put on sale to the general public. The few that were put on sale sold out in one minute.http://mmajunkie.com/news/4179/gsp-answers-all-the-questions.mma
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 9:43:04AM
3 things

1. to everyone who picked Serra, i told you so
2. i thought there were 16k+ people, not 21k! thats nuts!
3. Fitch fans, bring it on. your guy is next
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/21/08 10:04:43AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

3 things

1. to everyone who picked Serra, i told you so
2. i thought there were 16k+ people, not 21k! thats nuts!
3. Fitch fans, bring it on. your guy is next

Yes, Yes, Yes
Silent-Sir
4/21/08 10:31:00AM
This was exactly the kind of success I was hoping for. Hopefully the UFC doesn't wait too long before scheduling another event in Canada. It would be great if they would hold a PPV in Alberta (preferably Calgary, I'm only 2 hours away).
wrona666
4/21/08 12:36:58PM
Hey what happened to all the Serra fans i dont see you guys talking now after GSP's two rounds of complete domination and punishment to Serras face!!!!!!
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 12:44:49PM

Posted by wrona666

Hey what happened to all the Serra fans i dont see you guys talking now after GSP's two rounds of complete domination and punishment to Serras face!!!!!!

<cue Roy Jones Jr. Song>

YALL MUSTA FORGOT!
Near07
4/21/08 4:47:31PM
I was getting bashed for saying GSP won't loose, called a gsp nuthugger Well for all you Serra fans, you better grab onto a nut, cause I bet he coughed up one or maybe two nuts from all those knees to the ribs. Whos next Fitch, line them up Gsp will knock them down!!
jakeiceman
4/21/08 8:20:52PM
Oh finally the shit talking starts!!! I couldnt wait....I PICKED SERRA......yeah GSP looked amazing and dominated the fight....I have no problem admitting it. But if you want to run your mouths and call out everyone out who picked Serra your complete idiots. Atleast Serra made it to the second round and the fight was stopped by the ref. Last time they fought GSP had his ass handed to him in the first and actually TAPPED. Again I have to say I was impressed by GSP he is the best in the world but there is going to be a rubbermatch between these two in the future so maybe you should save the crap till after that fight.
jgtribbett
4/21/08 8:34:52PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Oh finally the shit talking starts!!! I couldnt wait....I PICKED SERRA......yeah GSP looked amazing and dominated the fight....I have no problem admitting it. But if you want to run your mouths and call out everyone out who picked Serra your complete idiots. Atleast Serra made it to the second round and the fight was stopped by the ref. Last time they fought GSP had his ass handed to him in the first and actually TAPPED. Again I have to say I was impressed by GSP he is the best in the world but there is going to be a rubbermatch between these two in the future so maybe you should save the crap till after that fight.

hahahahahahahahaha nice
Gladiator
4/21/08 9:20:55PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Ya, i also love it how all the people talking s*** are saying "I told u so!" like GSP wasnt a freaking 5:1 FAVORITE! seriously, dont say i told u so unless u picked an underdog. GSP was the huge favorite to win this fight and everyone talking s*** on serra pickers just goes to show what dumbasses u are.
Near07
4/21/08 11:02:14PM
No one wants to see a rubber match, its not like it was a little bit close...yeah we know Gsp got caught an finished the first time but as he has said over and over, he had some issues going on at the time...And you really think he took the fight seriously? (yes, i agree he should have) He learned his lesson the hard way, but Serra is done, Hughes will slam him all over. Lytle who shuld have won the show is looking better than Serra, maybe that should be a rematch. Having Serra fight GSP again is the same as Franklin/Silva..pointless. I'm not sure who it was on here but i believe they said they would bet thier house on Serra get packing!! And i'm not calling anyone who picked Serra idiots, I am speaking towards the people running there mouths before th fight, i havn't seen one of them say a word, and you weren't one of them, so chillout, people will always disagree,thats what these fourms are for
Near07
4/21/08 11:14:58PM
Hey Jakeiceman, i am more so talking towards Whitewidow, who had alot to say before the fight...you actually told me "well put" on my reponse to him. Why did he get banned?/ Anyway man no disrespect!!