Would you rather see GSP v Anderson or Anderson v Jones?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Would you rather see GSP v Anderson or Anderson v Jones?
Next Page »
ncordless
9/25/11 12:23:38AM
Which fight would you rather see?

I'd watch either one, but I think Anderson v Jones is the more interesting match at this point.
Twenty20Dollars
9/25/11 12:29:35AM
GSP vs Silva, b/c I want to see GSP lose.
prophecy033
9/25/11 12:49:56AM
I've been pushing for GSP/ Silva for a long time and although I still want to see that fight, I feel that Jones presents a tougher challenge for Anderson. With his 84 1/2 inch reach, Anderson won't be able to stand outside his range and still drop his hands. With GSP, all Silva has to do is stop the takedown and the fights his to win.
Chael_Sonnen
9/25/11 1:15:01AM

Posted by ncordless

Which fight would you rather see?

I'd watch either one, but I think Anderson v Jones is the more interesting match at this point.

GSP beats Andy.....Jones beat Andy.

I would love to see both
DeadHead988
9/25/11 1:17:03AM
Both would beat Anderson, but only Bones would finish him. Real talk.
Twenty20Dollars
9/25/11 1:21:47AM
Not even Neo could defeat Andersin-son
MylanKc
9/25/11 1:27:15AM
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
Budgellism
9/25/11 1:40:49AM
I know it sounds strange, but neither. I think Jones is just too big for Silva and the gsp fight would end up being a boring fight.
Pookie
9/25/11 1:41:52AM
i'd pick Anderson in both.

By the way, Jones' shoulders are quite broader than Anderson's are, i'd bet that their arm length is very close to the same length.
kopower
9/25/11 1:43:02AM
Easy for me. Silva vs Jones. I think Silva would dominate GSP.. Silva vs. Jones would be an epic battle in my opinion.
TeamDEY
9/25/11 1:57:50AM
For all of you who want to know... Silva would absolutely... Absolutely... ABSOLUTELY BEAT Jones... I'm done.
Poor_Franklin
9/25/11 3:18:55AM
Silva beats both.

edit: dont care to see andy vs gsp. give me andy vs bones, but i want to see jones earn it first. i personally would like to see jones vs hendo &/or rashad first. both should give him fits
kopower
9/25/11 3:23:14AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Silva beats both.

edit: dont care to see andy vs gsp. give me andy vs bones, but i want to see jones earn it first. i personally would like to see jones vs hendo &/or rashad first. both should give him fits

I think Jones works Evans and Hendo.
Kpro
9/25/11 3:50:52AM
I'm not very interested in Anderson/GSP and never have been, so it's Anderson/Bones by a mile for me.
kingsmasher
9/25/11 4:09:30AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Silva beats both.

lollllllllllllllllllllll silva aint beatin Jones in this life..Silva would kill Gsp at some point in the fight
Aether
9/25/11 5:18:20AM
I don't think anyone can beat Jones except Silva, and I am not sure that even he would be able to do it, so that's the fight I want to see. I doubt it will happen though.
pmoney
9/25/11 5:23:52AM
I believe Silva would KO GSP with ease. GSP-Jones would definitely be a crazy fight. I have Jones winning that though.... GSP is too small to implement the Chael gameplan against Anderson, in my opinion. For Bones though, if he isn't liking the striking game, and is conscious, I could see him punishing The Spider same as Hamill, Matyushenko, Vera, Bader, etc.
mrsmiley
9/25/11 5:57:21AM
Jones vs Silva all the way.
Would love to see how that would go down.
SmileR
9/25/11 8:47:12AM
Silva vs Jones. GSP is too small to realistically have a good chance at beating Silva but I'd give him more of a chance than anyone in the MW devision right now.

Also I want to see Rogan an Goldy compare Jones's striking to Silva's again when he's getting tagged constantly! That comparison just pissed me off!
BeeR
9/25/11 10:12:30AM
Silva vs Jones, same as SmileR said, GSP is too small for an even fight.
Drudinh
9/25/11 11:15:00AM
I don't wanna see gsp vs anderson. I would wanna see Andy vs Jones but not right away. I'd wanna see Andy against a few of the other lhw top 10 first. then to take both belts
Drudinh
9/25/11 12:14:01PM
I'm thinking Anderson vs. either; Evans, Rampage, Thiago, Vera, or Davis would all make decent next fights as a work up to Jones. I would wanna see Anderson put on a decent amount of muscle before he faces the larger Jones. Then it would be an all our war

Edit: He does have a score to settle with Chael first.. then move on and wait for a next top contender at mw by moving up to the next belt. Imo in their next meet Anderson will school Sonnen and put him out early. How many fights does Anderson have left on his contract?
Poor_Franklin
9/25/11 12:40:32PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Silva beats both.

i agree, but they should would push the pace on him, unlike rampage
sbulldavid
9/25/11 1:36:46PM
Where the heck is Thiago Silva and what in the world is he up to, make that Rampage/Thiago fight
BeeR
9/25/11 2:06:13PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Where the heck is Thiago Silva and what in the world is he up to, make that Rampage/Thiago fight

trying to disguise goat piss in a basement somewhere in brazil.
prophecy033
9/25/11 2:32:55PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kopower

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Silva beats both.

I think Evans would be the toughest out of the two
Aether
9/25/11 3:10:38PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kopower

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Silva beats both.

I actually think Rampage did a good job of trying to push in on Jones, the problem is just that his reach is so massive, that he hits you moving in, and when you try to counter, he's standing 5 feet away already.
Pookie
9/25/11 4:33:02PM
I think Jones is bigger than Anderson, by a larger margin than Anderson is bigger than Georges. In terms of weight and mass.

Webbie
9/25/11 4:59:34PM
As much as I'd love to see Anderson Silva and Jon Jones go at it I'd still rather see Silva fight GSP first. Anderson and GSP have both dominated their divisions to the point where there's barely any fights left for either guy in their weight classes, whereas Jones has plenty of great fights to keep him busy at 205 for a while in my opinion.

In reality Jones vs. Silva will probably never happen only because most likely by the time the UFC feels Jones is ready for Silva it'll be too late and Anderson will be ready to retire before that fight ever materializes. I'm beginning to wonder if Anderson's going to end up retiring even before the GSP fight considering how long it's taking the UFC to put it together. All it will take is for one of them to lose before actually meeting each other to ruin it all.
Cooler
9/25/11 5:18:26PM
no no no, dont put this idea in peoples heads, gsp vs anderson was supposed to be made for years, dont let gsp off the hook thats exactly what he wants..for you to talk about jones vs anderson so he doesnt have to get whooped on
Pages: [1] 2