GSP's ex-manager blasts Quebec commission, says illness maybe caused weight miss

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GSP's ex-manager blasts Quebec commission, says illness maybe caused weight miss
prophecy033
3/27/13 5:40:15PM
Montreal-based Stephane Patry has been in the MMA business for 14 years as a promoter and manager.. And while Patry doesn't have any proof former client Georges St-Pierre did anything wrong at UFC 158, he is certain the local commission acted improperly.

Link
airkerma
3/27/13 5:50:50PM
He talks a lot of sense, provided he is correct about the selective application of the rules (since I don't know what their rulebook says). Still, this is a rather hefty allegation:
"I don't think he was dying, but he was sick," he said. "I'm just talking out of my ass right now (but) maybe he wasn't able to make weight because he was sick, and they wanted to make the show."
postman
3/28/13 12:42:40AM
I want to just throw this out......... this is just a wine beer vodka kush infused idea. Gsp fights happen in canada, gsp has always had a undertone of ped use. Now alligations of commission abuse of power. Or was he was sick or was he sucked out? Gsp vs andy is stillout there. Is gsp a modern day Drago?
Bustamante-Aoki
3/28/13 5:06:21AM
The part about Bellator being denied licensing in Quebec because of their cage is very interesting. I've seen events in Quebec in rings, and cages of all sizes.

The Regie (Quebec Athletic commission) has been accused of of corruption for years. The main guy is a total attention whore, greedy self-serving politician type of guy. The size of Bellators cage has nothing to do with them being denied a license in Quebec. I have no doubt about that.