Where did you grow up? Whats it known for?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Where did you grow up? Whats it known for?
Next Page »
Shawn91111
9/26/12 7:59:28PM
Grew up in Syracuse, NY - Big mall and College University are big in the city.

Split time living in Boca Raton, Florida - Nice Beaches, Intercostal and shopping.

Chael_Sonnen
9/26/12 8:07:02PM
The MEAN STREETS of West Linn, Oregon

Where the grass is covered with the blood of lost souls.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Budgellism
9/26/12 8:09:24PM
Whitby, ON. Known for nothing. We don't even have a proper mall.
Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 8:15:57PM
Columbus, MS

Columbus, MS birthplace of Tennessee Williams & current Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier.

Neatly nestled in between Mississippi State, Alabama, Ole Miss & Southern Miss campuses.

It is a retirement town w/ many Antebellum homes from 1800s and also has an Air Force Base used for training new pilots, so we get a new group of bros every 2 years..

There isn't much here for me anymore. Will be moving in less than a year!
thevoodooninja
9/26/12 8:18:07PM
i grew up in g-town. nothing but scrubs and thugs and i wouldn't have it any other way
FlashyG
9/26/12 8:25:00PM
Lindsay ON, at the time I lived there it had the highest teen pregnancy rate in Canada.
kopower
9/26/12 8:31:37PM
Linwood, MN. A township of about 1000 people, about 30-40 miles from Minneapolis. It has 2 gas stations, one of which I worked at called Carlisle's. Other than that, it has like 4 lakes, a community center, and a few parks. I grew up living on a lake, so we had jet skis, and boats, and would fish all the time.

Oh, I almost forgot about the wonderful trailer park, and hair salon.
Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 8:47:53PM

Posted by FlashyG

Lindsay ON, at the time I lived there it had the highest teen pregnancy rate in Canada.

just a couple of years ago, not only did I live in MS, the state w/ the highest teen pregnancy rate, but i also lived in the county that had the highest rate in the state & the school with the highest teen pregnancy rate in the county is 6 miles away from where i grew up.
Cooler
9/26/12 9:13:44PM
Don't live there anymore but I grew up in Green Bay, WI

One of the smallest towns with a pro football team, the Packers.

The actual Green Bay, which is actually the color Green :D

They have an awesome zoo there with a huge observation tower.

Has a big wildlife sanctuary as well, it's where I brought a dying bird from my yard and that they brought back to health.

And fat people who like to eat a lot of cheese, beer and watch a lot of football :D
Pskinner_mma314
9/26/12 9:16:59PM
Spent the most time in Converse, TX (basically San Antonio).

Converse is really only known for the Judson High School football team, won like 5 state championships. Here is a fun fact about Judson that can be related to something a little more mainstream. The
movie Friday Night Lights starring Billy Bob Thorton based around the Odessa Permian Panthers state championship run in 1988 is actually not accurate to truth at all. While Permian did play Dallas Carter in the playoff, it was not actually for the state championship, it was the semifinals. Dallas Carter did win and went on to beat Judson in the championship, however DC ha ineligible players and when this was discovered the championship was handed to Judson, if you check record books, the score is recorded as Judson-1 DC-0.

Other than that, San Antonio:

Last stand at the Alamo
Spurs
Randolph and Lackland Air Force bases
Fort Sam Houston and Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC, main medical facility for all military branches.)

can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Bubbles
9/26/12 9:27:03PM
Hamilton, Ontario

The very first

And also home to some of the dirtiest hookers ever. You can find them at night on Barton Street
LuckyCharms
9/26/12 9:32:56PM

Miami , FL. Best known for Beaches, Everglades, and Night Clubs....... and the Most Beautiful, Sexy, OMG Women Anywhere in the US.

One Of The Many Finest Women In Miami : D

LuckyCharms
9/26/12 9:35:57PM

Agree with LuckyCharms, Miami does have the finest women ever.
grappler0000
9/26/12 9:55:32PM
Detroit, bitches!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
thevoodooninja
9/26/12 10:23:06PM

Posted by grappler0000

Detroit, bitches!

whoop whoop

that is the post of the day

i maxed out my props but ones coming
State_Champ
9/26/12 10:59:50PM
Vermont
EDIT: Known for leaves, hippies, cheddar cheese...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Shawn91111
9/26/12 11:06:17PM

Posted by State_Champ

Vermont
EDIT: Known for leaves, hippies, cheddar cheese...

Only time I was in Vermont I was handcuffed and spent a few hours in the police station.
TeamDEY
9/26/12 11:58:40PM
Mooresville, NC... RACE CITY USA!
tcunningham
9/27/12 12:24:06AM
Enumclaw, WA. a quick google search and you will see what horrible thing we are known for. any guesses?
Bubbles
9/27/12 12:38:32AM

Posted by tcunningham

Enumclaw, WA. a quick google search and you will see what horrible thing we are known for. any guesses?

without using google, my guess: Ke$ha
grappler0000
9/27/12 1:56:16AM

Posted by tcunningham

Horse fucking?
Adrenaline
9/27/12 2:18:20AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by tcunningham

Horse fucking?

What's so horrible about that?
backalley101
9/27/12 3:10:16AM
Oakland, Calif . RAIDERS BABY
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Kpro
9/27/12 7:47:59AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by tcunningham

Horse fucking?

What's so horrible about that?

No foreplay?
Theoutlaw08
9/27/12 9:03:01AM
Milwaukee Wisconsin. Actually West Allis Wisconsin which is in Milwaukee County. Beer, and Brewers. Love Milwaukee. Great memories. I live about 30 minutes south now from Milwaukee in Racine county. Love Wisconsin.
KingCmb
9/27/12 9:28:23AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
9/27/12 10:34:17AM
Milwaukee, just like Outlaw.

The last one sucks, but people have mentioned it when I've been to different places around the country, so I guess we're known for it.
BuffaloDave
9/27/12 12:46:55PM
Buffalo

Known for:

Going to 4 Super Bowls in a row , Losing 4 SB's in a row

2 Presidents are buried here, Grover Cleveland and William Mckinley, McKinley was shot here and died 8 days later. Millard Fillmore was born on the outskirts.

Roast Beef on Weck,

Singers & Bands,

Goo Goo Dolls, Bass Player Billy Sheehan, Brian McKnight, and this guy,

Actors,

Christine Baranski, Kyle Chandler, David Boreanaz, William Fichtner, Jeffery Jones, Chad Michael Murray, William Sadler, Nancy Merchand (Livia Soprano)

Athletes,

Orel Hershiser, Ron Jaworski, Pat Kane, Ron Gronkowski & Brothers, Christian Laettner, Baby Joe Mesi, Cliff Robinson, Lee Stempniak, Johnny Flynn, Nick and Marcus Foligno, Warren Spahn, and Pro Wrestlers Marc Mero, Lex Luger, Adrian Adonis.

ThaAxeMurderer7
9/27/12 12:53:43PM
New Orleans, LA.

Known for:

Amazing seafood (crawfish)

A great time (Bourbon Street)

Excellent live music
airkerma
9/27/12 1:47:20PM
Upstate NY (Rochester). Mostly known for not being NYC, having massive US companies that died off (Kodak, Xerox), and some slop pile called a garbage plate that people rave about for some reason.
Pages: [1] 2