Griffin vs The Iceman

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Griffin vs The Iceman
POLL: WHo takes it
Griffin 49% (21)
Liddell 51% (22)
Boo_Radley21
7/12/08 11:50:50PM
This fight is very possible no matter who gets the next shot at Forrest or whoever wins that fight. I honestly think that Griffin has what it takes to beat Chuck. Jardine showed that he can be beaten with a good game plan, and not just catching him with a good shot. I think Griffin would be able to out work Chuck in this fight. What do you guys think?
EON
7/13/08 12:22:15AM
Never thought I'd say this but, GO GRIFFIN

Actually I hope Rashad beats Chuck first, then Wand gets revenge on Chuck
Boo_Radley21
7/13/08 12:26:24AM
If Griffin does fight Chuck and beat him that's gotta be one of the best streaks at least in a while. Shogun and Rampage consecutively is impressive enough.
SpiderSilva
7/13/08 12:29:32AM
um I have just came to the conclution afther me wife asked me if I am on the Forrest Griffin band wagon. I looked he in the eyes and said hell yeah he beat Shogun hell subed him then went out and took the title I'm on it and can't see anyone but Wandi beating him note to self before the fight I thought they would give Forrest to Chuck no matter what happens in the next fight because he and Dana are but buddies and thats his best shot at getting the title back well no I just don't know with those nice leg kicks ahhhhhhhhhhhh hell

I am not afraid to admit I m on the wagon
Jason-plata
7/13/08 12:47:08AM
All respect to chuck.. But his reign is long over...
Forest by brutsl beat down, or sub in the 5th..
Boo_Radley21
7/13/08 12:51:57AM

Posted by Jason-plata

I don't think Chuck is done, he's definitely not gonna be what he was again though. He's still got the ability to do some big things in the UFC, especially with the division as stacked as it is, and maybe even a move up to HW (yeah right, but would be cool).

I do think that Forrest would be able to outlast him though and either get a decision or finish in the later rounds like you said.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 12:55:03AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

This fight is very possible no matter who gets the next shot at Forrest or whoever wins that fight. I honestly think that Griffin has what it takes to beat Chuck. Jardine showed that he can be beaten with a good game plan, and not just catching him with a good shot. I think Griffin would be able to out work Chuck in this fight. What do you guys think?

Personally I think having a good game plan against Chuck is the only smart way to go.. I love Jackson, but he was crazy to go for the KO again.. him and chuck exchanging is just a coin toss.. but im glad Jackson is lucky and won the flip again :)

Jardine on the other hand.. I dont think hes as good as chuck.. but that with that game plan i think he could beat chuck over and over again. Chuck is a great fighter, but hes pretty easy to figure out. I cant belive so many people kept going in there trying to flurry with him.. I wanted to smack Babalu when he got KOed the second time.. not that he had a real chance at winning.. but damn dont just give chuck the fight.. use your brain.
SpiderSilva
7/13/08 1:17:21AM
well a lot of those guys were ground fighter and Chuck is sooo hard to keep down the last resort was the stand up the rest was history
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 1:23:50AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

well a lot of those guys were ground fighter and Chuck is sooo hard to keep down the last resort was the stand up the rest was history

Well standing with chuck is ok.. hes a counter puncher so even wresltlers and JJ guys have a shot, but you have to play it smart.. Throw a Jab and back off.. just land points.. dont throw combos, just tap him and get out.
Pookie
7/13/08 2:51:34AM
Griffin has the perfect gameplan against rampage, and hes alot harder to plan against than chucky is, and stylistically much more difficult for forrest than chuck is. If it happens ill take forrest,

He can kick, and stay out of range. As long as he doesnt stop to brawl (which he didnt agianst page) than he has the tools to win this.
eyeforeigneye
7/13/08 3:06:33AM
wow, im actually shocked..

Chuckles rd 2 KO (giving Forrest the benefit of the doubt)
cmonnnn
WTF
gravy13
7/13/08 3:58:33AM

Posted by Jason-plata

His reign is over? Because he lost two in a row? Did you see his last fight? Just curious.....
gravy13
7/13/08 4:07:49AM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by Jason-plata

His reign is over? Because he lost two in a row? Did you see his last fight? Just curious.....

Chuck by 3rd Rd TKO.
Matimus
7/13/08 7:23:36AM
chuck will lose his next 3 then retire
Aaronno9
7/13/08 8:13:55AM
Chuck will knock Forrest out within the first 3 rounds, or loose a decision. Forrest will obviously be looking to chop away at chucks legs becouse hes worse than rampage for not checking them. Im still not totally sold on Forrest. I have him ranked at number 1, and he deserves it no doubt, even if chuck was to smash him in the first round id still have him in a decent top 5 spot, but against anybody else in the top 5 id struggle to pick him.

I mean, in the rampage fight, when Quinton was rocking Forrest, he would just kinda sit back and not rush on for the kill, chucks not gona do that. If he smells blood, hes going to rush and swing for the fences, and while he might not connect with every shot, it would be enough for the ref to step in.
Purge
7/13/08 9:52:00AM
Griffin by UD or submission in round 2, Chuck is not as athletic as he used to be and injuries and age will play a huge factor here.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/13/08 1:34:06PM
i think chuck would smash him, but.....

if forrest used the leg kicks he stands one hell of a chance of winning

also think lyoto would destroy chuck the same way if they foiught
Taylor8766
7/13/08 1:39:23PM
I love both fighters, but I'd take Chuck for the reason that Griffin wouldn't be able to KO Chuck, but if Chuck landed a hook on Forrest it could be over. However, Forrest has shown some great improvement, he's gotten so much better, but I think the pressure would get to Forrest just like it got to Serra, and Chuck would KO him. But it would be a good fight
Mchubb316
7/13/08 5:24:51PM
If Forrest fights like he did against Rampage, yes he can beat Chuck. If he stands and tries to brawl, he will get knocked out. Forrest has evolved into a smart, and complete fighter. I think he will remain top 10 for a while.
RMFG_187
7/13/08 11:18:28PM
ok.

putting my biased opinion aside,

Chuck has a legit chance on winning. Chuck is an amazing counter puncher, who has just come off his most important fight in his Career, and won in a 3 round war. Chuck hasn't been 5 rounds, but is conditioned too. 1 strike by any limb could KO Griffin. And he has the Wrestling, and TDD to add too it. Chuck is 1-2 in last 3 fights including War w/ Wandy.

Griffin on the other hand, Is amazing at setting the distance, with great Jits, He also is come off his most important fight of his Career with a 5 round War with Rampage. (In case u didnt know Page beat Chuck twice).Forrest is conditioned to go 10 rounds, and sets very fast pace in all of his previous fights Forrest is 3-0 in last 3 fights, including subbing Shogun.

Edit: who do u think will win
RNC
7/13/08 11:44:41PM
I think Griffin will take Chuck out.

Chuck did terrible against Jardine who utilized the leg kicks. It not only hurt him, taking away from his punching power and overall movement, but it overall threw off his entire game. We all saw how effective Forrest was with his leg kicks against Jackson and he will do the same in this fight as well.

Griffin will pick his shots, utilize the kicks, control the clinch, take chuck down and control him there too.

I'm no Forrest Griffin fan, actually I like Liddell better. But Forrest is too strong and too intelligent for Liddell. I really don't see Liddell winning this fight.
Lucas
7/14/08 11:40:01AM
I am absolutely amazed how may people have gone for forrest, IMO Lidell will KO him The only way Forrest will beat any top level fighter is by winning it on points he has not got KO power.

I know people will say he beat shougun be sub but that was just because shogun was exhausted as he wasn't ready for the cage.

I like forrest but i just don't rate him that highly i think theres alot of fighters out there that can beat him