The 10 Greatest Post-Fight Meltdowns

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The 10 Greatest Post-Fight Meltdowns
Bemin
1/24/08 7:57:41PM
I'm no physician -- barely capable of applying a Band-Aid, even -- but I'm nonetheless going to petition the American Medical Association to consider acknowledging a new phenomenon: PFADS, or Post-Fight Adrenal Dump Syndrome.

This debilitating affliction has compelled many a combat athlete into making bizarre proclamations or exhibiting odd behavior in the moments immediately following a bout. Chemically, it's the result of the body unable to deal with the massive adrenaline surge that accompanies a hard-earned victory (and occasionally, a devastating loss). Athletes become manic, unpredictable and perhaps even dangerous to nearby civilians.

Link
grappler0000
1/24/08 8:28:30PM
That was a pretty good article.
silverbullet
1/24/08 8:58:03PM
I don't want to be a dick, but should this be posted in the "MMA News Share Forum"?
mrsmiley
1/24/08 10:31:31PM
LOL

Good article.I always wondered why Penn ran out of the octagon after the Caol Uno fight.Has anyone ever asked him that?I always figured right before the fight started,BJ realized he had to SH#$,and made the fight as quick as possible.
Svartorm
1/24/08 11:28:54PM
Heres two that could have made it on the list:

1. In Doug Marshalls last fight were he ran and jumped clean out of the cage and started running around in the audience.

2. I doubt anyone has seen, but in an old IFC event, this guy William Knorr, after winning his fight, attempted to show off his acrobatic and karate skills, and failed miserably. He got up from the ground, where he'd won the fight, then promptly lay back down for no reason, and tried to do a kip-up. He was in his 40's though and couldn't actually do one, so he got up and almost hit the ref in the face with a molassas slow spinning cresent kick, and then started doing some kind of kata. Keep in mind this guy is the definition of a karate redneck.

Honorable mention: When a shirtless Joe Son and Kimo ran into the octagon after Royce Gracie threw in the towel before fighting Harold Howard, and told everyone that God had struck down Royce Gracie. Then BJM told them to get the **** out of the ring.
Boo_Radley21
1/24/08 11:33:40PM

Posted by Svartorm
Honorable mention: When a shirtless Joe Son and Kimo ran into the octagon after Royce Gracie threw in the towel before fighting Harold Howard, and told everyone that God had struck down Royce Gracie. Then BJM told them to get the **** out of the ring.

That's hilarious I wish I could see that.
bullettdodger
1/25/08 2:05:20AM

Posted by Svartorm

Heres two that could have made it on the list:

1. In Doug Marshalls last fight were he ran and jumped clean out of the cage and started running around in the audience.

2. I doubt anyone has seen, but in an old IFC event, this guy William Knorr, after winning his fight, attempted to show off his acrobatic and karate skills, and failed miserably. He got up from the ground, where he'd won the fight, then promptly lay back down for no reason, and tried to do a kip-up. He was in his 40's though and couldn't actually do one, so he got up and almost hit the ref in the face with a molassas slow spinning cresent kick, and then started doing some kind of kata. Keep in mind this guy is the definition of a karate redneck.

that fight was the defining moment in kimo's career lol and he didn't even win the fight!
Trench777
1/25/08 5:22:26AM
Absolutely great article. I laughed outloud several times.

Thx for posting it!!

T777
jomatty
1/25/08 5:58:30AM
yeah one thing that i never heard much about was bj licking the blood off of his glove lol. he did the same thing after the hughes fight where he won the belt, although this time he licked it off of his face, although im pretty sure it was hughes blood on his face.

no wonder he is so good he is a f-in vampire!!!
mrsmiley
1/25/08 7:52:08AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Svartorm

That's hilarious I wish I could see that.

It was a sight to behold.
CornishMMA
1/25/08 8:20:17AM

Posted by silverbullet

I don't want to be a dick, but should this be posted in the "MMA News Share Forum"?

Thats what i always think when i see these "articles" posted

They arent "NEWS" so surely they shouldnt be posted here, dont see why people cant see them themselves when they got to sites like sherdog etc? Its just i wanna see the news not all these articles yaknow
Ordep
1/25/08 10:32:37AM
Nice!

a recent one: Cote @ UFN12
CiaoBaby
1/25/08 1:59:24PM
Hillarious...
Boo_Radley21
1/25/08 6:18:30PM
How about Din after his win over Jeremy Stephens lol
SpiderSilva
1/25/08 7:34:35PM
I love how it ended with Colman that was soooooooo funny he had a brain fart right as he jumped LOL
SpiderSilva
1/25/08 7:39:15PM

pre meltdown