Greatest Kickboxer of all Time

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Greatest Kickboxer of all Time
chickmagnet
6/24/08 6:33:50PM
In kickboxing, not in MMA. Kickboxing Fans, who do you think is the greatest Kickboxer of all time?

I personally have to go with Peter Aerts, Ernesto Hoost, and Stefan Leko are the top three that stand out. Schilt will also stand out when he wins a few more.
juanez13
6/24/08 6:45:54PM
Leko is nowhere close to be the greatest ever.

Semmy Schilt
Rob Kaman
Ernesto Hoost
Peter aerts
Andy Hug

how can you say schilt has to win a few more??? he has won the last 3 GP's, and has looked unstoppable ever since, he has wins over Lebanner, Hoost, Feiotsa, Aerts, Bonjasky (all multiple times)
hotrodttt
6/24/08 6:59:57PM
Ramon Dekkers
Ernesto Hoost
Peter Aerts
JLB
Semmy Schilt
Nai Khanom Tom is probably the best ever though
Buakaw is another Great Fighter
Andy Hug's axekick's were Great so I guess he's part of my list

Edit: I would also like to say Kaoklai Kannorsing but he has some flaws and that would just me being biased because he's my Favorite Kickboxer.
cmill21
6/24/08 7:00:34PM

Posted by juanez13

Semmy Schilt
Rob Kaman
Ernesto Hoost
Peter aerts
Andy Hug

how can you say schilt has to win a few more??? he has won the last 3 GP's, and has looked unstoppable ever since, he has wins over Lebanner, Hoost, Feiotsa, Aerts, Bonjasky (all multiple times)

Agreed. I also put Cro Cop in the long list, as well as LeBanner, they are both two of the best never to win a WGP. Very good list including Kaman. MAX is another monster though, with guys like Buakaw, Masato, and Sower topping the list.
mrsmiley
6/24/08 7:33:14PM
I've been wanting to really get into kickboxing.

recommend me some good matches guys!

I've seen CC's fights,but I gotta admit I've never really gotten to seen Aerts,Hoost,or hug.At least
juanez13
6/24/08 7:49:20PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I've seen CC's fights,but I gotta admit I've never really gotten to seen Aerts,Hoost,or hug.At least

Badr hari v.s Ruslan Karaev
Ray Sefo vs Mark Hunt
Bob Sapp vs Remy Bonjasky (lol, good fight though)

Andy Hug Vs Ernesto Hoost-> must watch

Cro Cop Vs Andy Hug

those are off the top of my head, however i suggest searching fight of Aerts/Lebanner/Hoost/Buakaw.

Andy Hug vs Feitosa

also i'd say a must watch fight is Ray sefo vs Andy hug, i know alot of Andy hug, but he is my Fav fighter and those are the fights that stand out the most, he has had some of the most memorable fights ever.
casketcoin
6/24/08 8:35:36PM
oliver miller
jiujitsufreak74
6/24/08 8:55:47PM
unfortunately, Schilt is the best kickboxer in the history of K-1. i say unfortunately because he wins with his size not his skill. no one has ever accomplished what Schilt has in his career and i think there really isn't that much of an argument for anyone else. He is the only fighter to ever win the World GP 3 times in a row, and on the pace he is going at i wouldn't be surprised if he makes it 5 in a row. He has wins over legends of the sports and his head to head records with some of the greatest is unquestionably remarkable.

Semmy's record against the following:

Jerome Le Banner- 2-0 (he fights JLB again on June 29th so JLB does havee a chance to make it 2-1...but then again Schilt can make it 3-0)

Peter Aerts- 2-1

Ray Sefo- 2-0

Ernesto Hoost- 2-0 (1 draw)

Remy Bonjasky- 2-0

cmill21
6/24/08 8:58:39PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Look up guys like Buakaw as well he's great K-1 max is amazing to watch. Also may I recommend Hunt vs Sefo(slug fest), Remy vs Cro Cop, Hoost vs Kaman(old but very good). Acctually just look guys up by name and watch as many as you can. K-1 is highly addictive.
6/24/08 9:30:53PM
No particular oreder-
Rob Kaman
Buakaw
Keoklai
Ramon Dekkers
holt8081
6/24/08 9:40:09PM

Posted by juanez13

Semmy Schilt
Rob Kaman
Ernesto Hoost
Peter aerts
Andy Hug

some how I knew you were going to say andy hug, and good job listing him at the bottom so people dont thank your nuthugging.
The_Ho_Bag
6/24/08 10:44:17PM
JLB

Ernesto Hoost

Remy Bonjasky

Ken Hewski =] (ask JJ freak he will know him =])
jiujitsufreak74
6/24/08 10:56:59PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

JLB

Ernesto Hoost

Remy Bonjasky

LMAO

and btw, don't know how you can forget the man who beat all 3 of the fighters you mentioned (besides Ken of course)...that man being Semmy Schilt
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/24/08 11:17:02PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

unfortunately, Schilt is the best kickboxer in the history of K-1. i say unfortunately because he wins with his size not his skill. no one has ever accomplished what Schilt has in his career and i think there really isn't that much of an argument for anyone else. He is the only fighter to ever win the World GP 3 times in a row, and on the pace he is going at i wouldn't be surprised if he makes it 5 in a row. He has wins over legends of the sports and his head to head records with some of the greatest is unquestionably remarkable.

Jerome Le Banner- 2-0 (he fights JLB again on June 29th so JLB does havee a chance to make it 2-1...but then again Schilt can make it 3-0)

Peter Aerts- 2-1

Ray Sefo- 2-0

Remy Bonjasky- 2-0

with every thing you stated accept the "he wins with size not skill commment" If that was the case , why hasnt hong man choi won a GP? Being that tall substantially limits your athleticism. The fact he does the things he does while being that tall is simply amazing. I think semmy could win another 3 in a row. Ill be rooting for anyone against him though.
Pookie
6/25/08 12:03:33AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by mrsmiley

Badr hari v.s Ruslan Karaev
Ray Sefo vs Mark Hunt
Bob Sapp vs Remy Bonjasky (lol, good fight though)

Andy Hug Vs Ernesto Hoost-> must watch

Cro Cop Vs Andy Hug

those are off the top of my head, however i suggest searching fight of Aerts/Lebanner/Hoost/Buakaw.

Andy Hug vs Feitosa

also i'd say a must watch fight is Ray sefo vs Andy hug, i know alot of Andy hug, but he is my Fav fighter and those are the fights that stand out the most, he has had some of the most memorable fights ever.

And id like to add that Mark Hunt Vs. Ray Sefo made me drop my jaw in awe.
Pookie
6/25/08 12:05:27AM
Jerome Le Banner, his skill stretches far beyond his accomplishments.

While a fighter like Schilts accomplishments stretch far beyond his skill IMO.
The_Ho_Bag
6/25/08 12:27:06AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

JLB

Ernesto Hoost

Remy Bonjasky

LMAO

and btw, don't know how you can forget the man who beat all 3 of the fighters you mentioned (besides Ken of course)...that man being Semmy Schilt

very true =]

fear the stretchy pants bro =]
jiujitsufreak74
6/25/08 12:47:43AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Peter Aerts- 2-1

Ray Sefo- 2-0

Remy Bonjasky- 2-0

with every thing you stated accept the "he wins with size not skill commment" If that was the case , why hasnt hong man choi won a GP? Being that tall substantially limits your athleticism. The fact he does the things he does while being that tall is simply amazing. I think semmy could win another 3 in a row. Ill be rooting for anyone against him though.

well my point is this: if he was of smaller build, the skill that he has would not be enough to win. i am not saying it is solely his size that wins his matches but in my opinion he does not have the raw ability that the other greats have had in the sport. Matodon could explain it better than i could.
cmill21
6/25/08 12:59:38AM
Semmy uses his size, he uses long range tactics. Also with all that weight anything that hits you does damage, just look at what he did to Hunt.
Gipper
6/25/08 1:23:15AM
aerts
hoost

Ben_Hutch
6/25/08 8:01:04PM
Andy Hug.

R.I.P
kaduey
6/27/08 12:19:25PM
Well considering Hoost has the most K-1 titles. He is the greatest of all time. Semmy hasn't got to that point yet.
voodoo-jitsu
6/27/08 2:35:19PM
if ur going all time u cant forget superfoot wallace hes oldschool
Mastodon2
6/27/08 5:29:11PM
Schilt is the best by the looks of things, but not because of skill, but because of freakish physicality.

The best in terms of skill...(in no order)

Jerome Le Banner
Peter Aerts
Ernesto Hoost
Badr Hari (starting to look like a quality fighter)
Remy Bonjasky

Schilt, Aerts, Hoost, Jerome and Bonjasky make a dream team capable of destroying just about anyone of any discipline when it comes to stand up.
fedorwins1
6/27/08 5:37:16PM
Ramon Dekker