K1 Greatest Fights

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » K1 Greatest Fights
« Previous Page
jiujitsufreak74
12/26/07 6:59:30PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Jerome Le Banner vs Cyril Abidi is worth a watch, you can find it on dailymotion quite easily.

5 rounds of sheer hell for Abidi. I have idea how it went to the 5th round, Le Banner mauled Abidi in every round, and aside from an insignificant cut and some very nasty swelling over his right eye, Abidi did little to Le Banner. He was a moving punching bag at best. Sheer domination, but Abidi showed that when he cares (or hates his opponent enough) that his chin actually is pretty respectable. However, if you watch him fight Bonjasky, Bonjasky attacks him with half of JLB's intensity and within the first minute Abidi has already given up and lost the will to fight!

or how about when Rampage beat Abidi twice...Rampage is not even close to the striking ability of Le Banner; Abidi is an interesting fighter alright, i can't figure him out.

My favorite fight, although it is a short one, is when Le Banner shows Don Frye that he should stick to mma and really consider that maybe he isn't as good at everything as he thinks he is

also, Masato's victory over Buakaw in the finals in October was a great fight, i was entertained all 3 rounds and i would have had trouble calling a winner, both fighters fought their hearts out.
Mastodon2
1/12/08 10:25:05AM
Abidi doesnt really care about winning too much I dont think, he knows he isnt good enough to really hang with the big boys, he has a few wins (one over Aerts!) but he isnt skilled enough to be consistent. He just hung in there against JLB because there is such bad blood between them. The same bad blood that made Abidi attack JLB in the ring when JLB wasnt even there to fight him, and the same bad blood that made Abidi headbutt JLB throughout their fight and messed JLBs face up.
Underhook
1/14/08 9:36:57PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Abidi doesnt really care about winning too much I dont think, he knows he isnt good enough to really hang with the big boys, he has a few wins (one over Aerts!) but he isnt skilled enough to be consistent. He just hung in there against JLB because there is such bad blood between them. The same bad blood that made Abidi attack JLB in the ring when JLB wasnt even there to fight him, and the same bad blood that made Abidi headbutt JLB throughout their fight and messed JLBs face up.

so i noticed you love jerome alot

isnt he the one who ko'd some guy after he already won the fight....jerome was raising his hands as the ref is calling it off via ko for jerome and the other guy fakes a punch at him then jerome drops him, is that jerome? i cant recall...
Mastodon2
2/1/08 7:01:39AM

Posted by Underhook

so i noticed you love jerome alot

isnt he the one who ko'd some guy after he already won the fight....jerome was raising his hands as the ref is calling it off via ko for jerome and the other guy fakes a punch at him then jerome drops him, is that jerome? i cant recall...

Indeed. That was his fight against Nicholas Pettas. After winning by a ref stoppage, Pettas got up, Jerome had his hands raised, Pettas fakes a punch, Jerome Drops them, looks Pettas in the eye then slugs him right on that jaw and takes him out. Since Pettas looked like he was gonna hit Jerome, Jerome was never punished for taking Pettas out.
Pages: 1 [2]