great Head Kicks

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » great Head Kicks
juanez13
11/7/08 10:50:18PM

pretty damn fast...I love spinning head kicks ala Badr Hari

Anyways, whats your all time favorite head kick?

Mine is peter Aerts on Leuyer

The_Ho_Bag
11/7/08 11:12:37PM
ROY MARKHAM VS BRODIE FABER
postman
11/7/08 11:18:49PM
I know its the Fancy pick but that kick GG put on CC was so unreal since the only way anyone thought GG was going to win was by sub and for him to use CC's bread and butter to win was so shocking. Plus I won drinks for the night since this guy I was not to fond of was running his mouth at the bar so I said since you know so much you want to put a bet on that fight he told me I was crazy for taking GG and I better get my credit card ready. Well needless to say I drank till I puked! Oh you stupid ass It was tape delayed!
juanez13
11/7/08 11:19:10PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

yea, that was a pretty brutal kick...

copcopps
11/7/08 11:25:49PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

totally agree with you, surprised Markham isn't back yet Farber is
Wolfenstein
11/7/08 11:26:26PM
As far as head kicks in MMA. I'll always remember Pete Williams' head kick to Mark Coleman...In fact I like it so much it's my new avatar haha!
The_Ho_Bag
11/7/08 11:33:59PM
CC vs Wandy was vicious
seanfu
11/7/08 11:51:12PM
Any Cung kick. And one word, Rashad Evans head kick over Sean Salmon. Or maybe earlier in the fight when 5'7" Sean Salmon went for the bicycle kick.
MMAcca
11/8/08 1:16:38AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

That kick was so vicious and he connected so well that Farber's body falls back in the opposite direction he was heading
mentalcase
11/8/08 1:55:49AM
the one i alway remember is crocop vs igor volchanchin how his head dose a little dance in the slowmo
dannyfrank
11/8/08 8:50:08AM

Posted by juanez13

pretty damn fast...I love spinning head kicks ala Badr Hari

i love those kicks too. i always wondered why it isnt seen that often. i guess its kind of a hard kick to pull off
Rush
11/8/08 9:18:57AM

Posted by dannyfrank

i love those kicks too. i always wondered why it isnt seen that often. i guess its kind of a hard kick to pull off

I think it's for several reasons

1) most guys telegraph these kicks like there is no tomorrow
2) if you miss you really set yourself up. Something that I don't get is why guys never capitalize on missed kicks where they guy just spins out
3) The make you really easy to take down (see Severn vs, Bosset)
4) Once inside, they don't have much power. The fighters spend most of the time out of the range (usually too close)

some other nice head kicks

GSP vs. Hughes 2
Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop
Cro cop and Aleks
Yves vs. Josh

Some head kick highlight video
juanez13
11/8/08 10:41:07AM
here is Leuyer after Aerts Ko'd him (Gif in first post)

cmill21
11/8/08 11:20:01AM
Cro Cop on Igor or Cro Cop on Aleks. I really like Remy's flying knee turned head kick though.
juanez13
11/8/08 3:13:40PM
here are 2 great ones

Hari Spinning head kick KO on Leko, and Graham's rolling thunder KO Hari with the nice ending of Hari showing off his broken jaw
higdon10
11/8/08 5:37:59PM

Posted by postman
I know its the Fancy pick but that kick GG put on CC was so unreal since the only way anyone thought GG was going to win was by sub and for him to use CC's bread and butter to win was so shocking.

It has all the fixings of the greatest head kick ever.
cmill21
11/8/08 6:39:27PM

Posted by juanez13

here are 2 great ones

Hari Spinning head kick KO on Leko, and Graham's rolling thunder KO Hari with the nice ending of Hari showing off his broken jaw

Rolling Thunder is such a brutal kick if it lands.
bls1919
11/8/08 10:01:25PM
My old favorite was Pete williams vs Mark Coleman....Wow devastaing. Then it was Gabe Gonzaga, Cro Coping Cro Cop. Huge High kick, and WTF about CC knee. that looked bad. New favorite is rory marham KOing Brody farber. Awesome head kick, and nice set up.
The_Ho_Bag
11/10/08 2:01:46PM
CC on Hunt
cmill21
11/10/08 5:05:20PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

CC on Hunt

I think thats the hardest Cro Cop kick to land since Hunt was leaning into it and it knocked a 290lb dude down...still didn't put him to sleep though...wtf.