The Great BEER Thread!!!!!!!! (For the ale afficionados)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Great BEER Thread!!!!!!!! (For the ale afficionados)
« Previous Page
iwannabesedated
7/11/08 3:52:23PM

Posted by emfleek

Pabst Blue Ribbon (and no, I'm not lying...I love it.)

Dude, you would love this bar around here.They have Pabst 24oz drafts all day every day for a dollar..They even sometimes give you this fancy lookin glass..People think you sippin on some high roller stuff and its PBR..

I like any and all Beer..

except coors light.

emfleek
7/11/08 3:56:19PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Dude, you would love this bar around here.They have Pabst 24oz drafts all day every day for a dollar..They even sometimes give you this fancy lookin glass..People think you sippin on some high roller stuff and its PBR..

except coors light.

Yeah, it's pretty trendy to drink PBR these days. So much that it's not as cheap as it once was, which sucks. My buddies and I used to throw down and get a case for $10.99 back in the day. Now, since it's "popular" and trendy, you can't get it any cheaper than you can Bud Light or any other beer.

We have a dive here in FW that has it on tap for $1.50...but they sure as hell aren't 24oz drafts, though. Lucky you.
Rush
7/11/08 3:57:29PM
Here is another I would like to add

Name: St. Ambroise Apricot Wheat Ale
By: McAuslan Brewing
Where: Montréal, Québec
Colour: Golden
Taste: Light and friuty. Nice beer to drink on a picnic or at a BBQ in the sun.
Rush
7/11/08 3:58:40PM
1 dollar pints???

Jesus, here I have to pay 6$ for a 20oz pint to get anything decent.
iwannabesedated
7/11/08 3:59:27PM

Posted by emfleek

except coors light.

Yeah, it's pretty trendy to drink PBR these days. So much that it's not as cheap as it once was, which sucks. My buddies and I used to throw down and get a case for $10.99 back in the day. Now, since it's "popular" and trendy, you can't get it any cheaper than you can Bud Light or any other beer.

We have a dive here in FW that has it on tap for $1.50...but they sure as hell aren't 24oz drafts, though. Lucky you.

Man around here you can still get a 30 pack of PBR for about 11.99 with a 2 dollar mail in rebate sticker on the case...Theres a Beer Distributor by my house that is really cheap...Since here in PA they dont sell alcohol in stores..Every Grocery store is attatched to a Beer Distro and has a Liquor store in the Plaze....Go figure.
emfleek
7/11/08 4:01:15PM

Man around here you can still get a 30 pack of PBR for about 11.99 with a 2 dollar mail in rebate sticker on the case.

Must be nice...jeez.

$13.99 (warm) for a 30 pack around here. Of course, that's at the liquor store...don't think I've ever bought it at a grocery store.
iwannabesedated
7/11/08 4:39:16PM

Posted by emfleek

Man around here you can still get a 30 pack of PBR for about 11.99 with a 2 dollar mail in rebate sticker on the case.

Must be nice...jeez.

$13.99 (warm) for a 30 pack around here. Of course, that's at the liquor store...don't think I've ever bought it at a grocery store.

Yeah,they dont sell beer or liquor in like grocery stores and gas stations in PA.But its funny because most shopping plaza's with grocery stores around here come with a Pharmacy,Beer Distributor,Dollar Store,Wines and Spirits Liqour store and a Chinese takeout place oh and a movie gallery.Its complete one stop shopping just in several stores connected to each other.

Posted by Rush

1 dollar pints???

Some places even have Natural Lite for 75 cents in a 20oz. frosted mug..

Im lookin forward to next hockey season a bar i go to during the Pens Games when ever the pens score they take the players number like if its Crosby that scores the drafts will be 87 cents....Im hopin Scuderi whose number is like 4 lights the lamp alot next season.
urbman
7/12/08 11:56:29PM

Posted by emfleek

Must be nice...jeez.

Yeah,they dont sell beer or liquor in like grocery stores and gas stations in PA.But its funny because most shopping plaza's with grocery stores around here come with a Pharmacy,Beer Distributor,Dollar Store,Wines and Spirits Liqour store and a Chinese takeout place oh and a movie gallery.Its complete one stop shopping just in several stores connected to each other.

Posted by Rush

1 dollar pints???

Im lookin forward to next hockey season a bar i go to during the Pens Games when ever the pens score they take the players number like if its Crosby that scores the drafts will be 87 cents....Im hopin Scuderi whose number is like 4 lights the lamp alot next season.

I was just drinking some pints of blue moon for $3.50 each,seemed pretty reasonable to me,sound that way to you guy's?
rabbit915
7/13/08 11:25:55AM
Heres my top 2:

New Glarus Brewery- Spotted Cow

This is the greatest beer ever made. Its made with corn which gives it a very interesting taste but its not some creepy hybrid beer that tastes like something else. Im not sure how far away you can find this stuff but you can find it in like every actual liquor store in wisconsin.

Leinies' Honey Weiss

This is my back up when i cant find Spotted Cow and im attempting to drink quality beer (instead of just drinking keystone light all the time). Its another solid lighter drinking beer with a hint of honey in the background.
iwannabesedated
7/13/08 2:44:38PM

Posted by urbman

Posted by emfleek

Must be nice...jeez.

Posted by Rush

1 dollar pints???

I was just drinking some pints of blue moon for $3.50 each,seemed pretty reasonable to me,sound that way to you guy's?

Blue Moon...that stuff is nasty.. the only time i have to pay more than $3.50 for any beer is at concerts or sporting events...Most bars are 2 dollars a 12oz bottle..But then you have "Happy Hours" and Drink Specials..Most of the beer special will be dollar domestics or 75cent drafts.

Also bars have Bring your own mug night..Where you bring any size. Glass,Mug.Stein what have you...they fill it up for $1.25 unofurtanely that bar gets too crowded with roided dudes in tight shirts.
warglory
6/24/12 9:37:00PM
So I know we shouldn't normally bring back old threads, but I found this going back through some of my old props, and I just have to gloat that I MADE THE FIRST BEER THREAD ON MMAPLAYGROUND!

That's it...carry on.
Boo_Radley21
6/25/12 2:59:58PM
I don't always drink beer...

But when I do I beat my wife
prophecy033
6/25/12 3:48:11PM
I've been stuck on this beer for a few months now. I love hoppy beer that's tasty. It's called Firestone Double Jack Double IPA 9.5%. Best beer I've ever had. It's $7.99+dep for a 22oz. It got a score of 100 at RateBeer.com.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Ordep
6/25/12 5:24:23PM
on pay day

two weeks into the month

last week of the month

Bubbles
6/25/12 9:22:57PM
beers I love:

Alexander Keiths
Moosehead
James Ready
MGD
Rickard's Red

beers I hate:

Corona
Bud
Bud lite
Coors lite
Cracked Canoe
Boxer
Guinness (except in irish car bombs)
airkerma
6/26/12 10:00:02AM
Great call proph, I haven't had that one yet, but IPA's are my thing. Out in your neck of the woods you could probably get Stone for decent money. Their IPA is one of the best imo.
airkerma
9/2/12 12:39:10PM
It's officially September and I say, let the pumpkin beers flow. You can't drink them all day without feeling a bit sick, but drinking pumpkin pie infused with alcohol is okay in my book.
State_Champ
9/2/12 1:40:31PM

Posted by warglory

Okay all, now's your chance to deliver ode's to your favorite nectar of the Gods. I consider myself somewhat of a beer snob aind since I have lived in Burlington Vermont the last 5 years, I can say that I have become accustomed to some very good microbrews. List your favorite drinks and maybe give a description of them.

1. Switchback -
(Red and original varieties)
Brewed In: Vermont
Type: Pale Ale
Color: Golden with a nice white head
Taste: Slightly bitter with a strong hint of citrus in the smell and taste. I really enjoy the aftertaste as well which leaves you enjoying all the different flavors.

The greatest part of this is that it isn't bottled, you can only get this ale on tap in Vermont.....my favorite beer of all time. mmmm

2. Longtrail - Blackbeary Wheat (Spring/Summer Seasonal)
Type: Not really sure!
Color: Pale yellowish
Taste: Strong sweet smell to the beer. Initial taste is of strong blackberry flavor, but alot of different individual flavors arise upon further tasting.

3. Sea Dog Brewing Co. - Blueberry Wheat
Brewed In: Maine
Type:
Color: Golden
Taste: Very strong, sweet taste of blueberry. Some would probably consider this a chick beer, but I say **** them, I love this stuff.

4. Otter Creek - Copper Ale
Style: Brown Ale
Color: Deep deep red copper
Taste: A smoked type flavor with a fruity aftertaste. This is my beer with meals.

5. Young's - St. George's
Brewed In: England
Style: English Pale Ale
Color: Cloudy Golden
Taste: Quite grainy for a pale ale, but a strong caramelish flavor to it. One of my favorite non-domestics.

6. Vermont Pub and Brewery - Smoked Porter
Style: Porter
Color: Black!
Taste: Holy crap man, this sucker is a nice kick in the ass. Stronger than Guiness could ever hope to be as a dark beer. Those who like beers you can't see through, come to VT and pick this one up!

7. Vermont Pub and Brewery - Burly Irish Ale
Style: Red Ale
Color:......red
Taste: Very bitter beer, but with a strong fruity taste. Strong, not for the faint at heart.

8. Three Needs - Chocolate Stout
Style: Dark Stout
Color: Black
Taste: Another strong strong beer that is made for sipping. One of my favorite bars brews this themselves, good grab!

Alright, that is probably all for now. I may throw out a few honorable mentions, but these ones are those that came to mind first. Also, I drink almost all of the above on tap fyi.

Yes!

Vermont has come great brews!
So glad I got to hike the Longtrail while drinking Longtrail, it wouldn't have been the same without those great beers.
Gogoplatapus
9/2/12 2:00:30PM
Innis & Gunn Rum Cask

Not a fan of the Irish Whiskey stuff, but the Regular and Blonde are big winners with me.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: 1 [2]