Gray Maynard Talks Boxing Technique and UFC 125 Opponent Frankie Edgar

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gray Maynard Talks Boxing Technique and UFC 125 Opponent Frankie Edgar
pmoney
12/22/10 6:24:09PM
SB Nation's David St. Martin caught up with Gray Maynard, the man who will challenge Frankie Edgar for the UFC lightweight title at UFC 125. The interview has a lot of goodness including talk about how deserving he feels the WEC fighters are of competing in the UFC. But the part that sticks out most to me is this exchange where Maynard talks about his boxing and how Edgar's focus on Penn may give him an advantage.

Article
prozacnation1978
12/22/10 7:53:35PM
I am praying this fight doesn't go 5 rounds
Can't believe I will be there next week
But good solid card. I pray their are no injuries next week
pmoney
12/22/10 8:02:59PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Ditto on the injuries. Losing Aldo was whack enough. Fortunately this card is REAL strong!
tcunningham
12/22/10 8:04:46PM
im really excited for this fight. i want maynard to win, i really like his style. its hard to say what happens though, frankie seems very elusive with good technical boxing and great take downs. maynard has lots of power in his hands with, IMO, better wrestling than edgar but lacks the movement on his feet. maynard is like matt hughes in his prime, he's very strong and can wear on guys in just a short time. its been a while since there has been such a competitive match up for a title, very exciting.
Bloodhound
12/22/10 8:52:43PM
i smell a UD
Chael_Sonnen
12/22/10 9:30:33PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I see it going 5 rounds....Maynard by split.
pmoney
12/22/10 10:47:30PM

Posted by Bloodhound

i smell a UD

I do have The Bully down for UD. I could see it going Frankie UD, Maynard split, hell I can see a draw coming!

This is why I love and hate the playground. It's so hard to pick! You never know what can happen in an MMA fight. Unless it's Strikeforce.....
sbulldavid
12/23/10 2:40:20PM
I agree with everybody, should be a great fight, I expect Maynard to fade late, and I think Frankie will look fresh late, but I think the fifth round round will decide a close fight.