Gray Maynard: Rematch with Robert Emerson Discussed by UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gray Maynard: Rematch with Robert Emerson Discussed by UFC
aznteabagger
6/25/07 6:42:43PM
Gray Maynard (2-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), whose fight with Robert Emerson (6-6 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale ended in a controversial no-contest this past Saturday, has already spoke to the UFC about a possible rematch.

LINK
cincyassasin
6/25/07 8:55:22PM
Get 'em Gray.
blowe1983
6/25/07 9:20:56PM
why would you want to watch a rematch of this again gray clearly was man handling him and (did) wouldve won regardless. the fight was entertaining but gray was still dominant and will continue to get better training with couture
hook_tothe_body
6/26/07 12:37:14AM

Posted by blowe1983

why would you want to watch a rematch of this again gray clearly was man handling him and (did) wouldve won regardless. the fight was entertaining but gray was still dominant and will continue to get better training with couture

Very true. But I don't think they are going to let the fight end like that, and not have a rematch.

To be fair, Rob is a striker. He can catch Gray on the way in and knock him out.

Not saying it is going to happen, but it could. This is MMA.
KingKash
6/26/07 8:48:47AM
I am looking forward to the rematch for one reason and one reason alone. I get to see the replay Gray knocking himself out. If anything that will be the highlight of the pre fight talk.
cincyassasin
6/26/07 8:49:08AM
All in all Gray was robbed and will surely look to destroy Emerson to leave no doubt.
Signal2112
6/26/07 10:52:00AM
I think Gray was winning that fight, and rematch will provide a satisfactory answer.
blowe1983
6/26/07 12:03:25PM
gray won the fight hands down. hey i got an idea lets take away matt hughes belt since he was passed out when he won. what does him being a striker matter. gray isnt going to stand up. gray won the ref didnt catch it so thats his fault if gray was knocked out the ref is supposed to attend to him first not a guy who is hurt. he tapped and the ref stopped it. it doesnt matter if hes knocked out. so he taps and gray slips and falls walking out with the cage and breaks his leg and cant fight for awhile then lets call the contest a no decision. thats basically what their saying. its rediculous. yea stuff like this happens but he tapped and he tapped right away. it shouldnt matter if he was knocked out he didnt see it because he tapped right away