Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller - UFC 96

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller - UFC 96
BDON911
1/5/09 4:25:15PM
Highly touted lightweight fighters Jim Miller (13 - 1) and Gray Maynard (6 - 0) are going to be facing off at UFC 96, March 7th in Ohio.....

Saw this on a few sites that I frequent....

Discuss
Maynard vs Miller
ohiostate1016
1/5/09 4:29:57PM
I'm going to be going to this event, and I was waiting for an event to get really, really excited about.

Bingo, bango, boingo.

How could this NOT be the fight of the night? Hopefully it'll be on the main card.
RandyCouture
1/5/09 4:30:31PM
Im going to this event and this match up will be freaking sweet. Manyard is crazy good and Miller is a beast this has potential to be FOTN for sure. All we need now is Wandy vs Liddell 2 and Jardine vs somebody sweet to start making this card good.
BDON911
1/5/09 4:36:58PM
I have high hopes for Miller...I like the way he fights
ohiostate1016
1/5/09 4:37:03PM

Posted by RandyCouture

Im going to this event and this match up will be freaking sweet. Manyard is crazy good and Miller is a beast this has potential to be FOTN for sure. All we need now is Wandy vs Liddell 2 and Jardine vs somebody sweet to start making this card good.

I really don't think that it's going to be Chuck/Wand 2, but you never know.

And I'd really like to see Jardine fight Cane...that'd be the perfect co-main event.
higdon10
1/5/09 4:37:30PM
This fight is going to be insane. I think that Maynard will win a close decision in the FOTN.
Wolfenstein
1/5/09 4:37:47PM
Well looks like one of the hype-trains is going to be derailed. It's probably going to be Maynard as Jim is the better striker and might even have the wrestling to keep it standing. If he gets taken down, he's dangerous off his back. I think Jim has too many ways to win this one.
scoozna
1/5/09 4:43:49PM
Great fight...I don't know why I want Maynard to lose so badly. A wrestling-style thing I suppose.
RandyCouture
1/5/09 4:47:40PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by RandyCouture

And I'd really like to see Jardine fight Cane...that'd be the perfect co-main event.

I just read on MMAMANIA.com I am thinking I want to fight Chuck [Liddell] again. I want to fight with him again because I had a good match with him, and his style is a good style for me, and my style is good for him. It’s good for the show. Maybe it’s good for Dana.”

Makes sense Wandy will be off for 3 months and liddell is fighting on that card that would be freaking awsome to see live Ohiostate1016
Mayhem13
1/5/09 5:32:11PM
I will be there also, and the card is shaping up pretty nicely!!

Liddell
Jardine
Maynard vs Miller
Carwin vs Gonzaga
Patt vs Vera
Grove vs Day
Hazelett
Brown

=
prozacnation1978
1/5/09 6:15:34PM
i watched maynard fight in chicago i will be at the event in columbus as well
i have seen chuck fight wandy and jardine live so i am hoping it isn't a wandy vs chuck 2
miller is dangerous maynard is strong curious to see who comes out on top
ohiostate1016
1/5/09 6:31:13PM

Posted by RandyCouture

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by RandyCouture

I just read on MMAMANIA.com I am thinking I want to fight Chuck [Liddell] again. I want to fight with him again because I had a good match with him, and his style is a good style for me, and my style is good for him. It’s good for the show. Maybe it’s good for Dana.”

Makes sense Wandy will be off for 3 months and liddell is fighting on that card that would be freaking awsome to see live Ohiostate1016

And hopefully I'll be going for free with a press pass via my column for CPC Movies.
Twenty20Dollars
1/5/09 6:35:13PM
I will tell you how this will not be FOTN because Jim Miller is going to win SOTN prolly by guillotine.
wrona666
1/5/09 7:35:49PM

Posted by scoozna

Great fight...I don't know why I want Maynard to lose so badly. A wrestling-style thing I suppose.

I was thinking the same thing....I like Maynard, but i cant stand watching his fights its a total snooze fest....
jocka
1/5/09 9:42:16PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by scoozna

I was thinking the same thing....I like Maynard, but i cant stand watching his fights its a total snooze fest....

Same here i like the guy, saw a few interview and he sounds like a cool dude but man he wrestling / hold you down style is getting old. I hope he looses so he can realize that he needs to be more well rounded.
ChokeUout
1/6/09 12:53:45AM
I'm glad i read all the way through this thread, cause the lsat few guys echoed my thoughts.

Lately, Gray Maynard has turned into an extremely boring fighter. He has excedllent wrestling, but unfortunately, he also has some brutal "lay and Pray" of the likes we haven't seen since an early Josh Koscheck. Kos grew out of it, here's hoping Maynard does too.

Plus, how can you not like those miller Boys? haha

I'm hoping for a miller submission, but My pick, unfortunately, is Maynard via Snoozefest.
jae_1833
1/6/09 1:20:19AM
I think Maynard trains for well roundedness but just like most people he resorts back to insticts when he gets hit. I like him too, just think that he needs to get more comfortable in there or something to let that killer inside out. This is looking like a great freakin' card!
sparky
1/6/09 2:18:50AM
Jim Miller is on the rise Maynard better be careful or he'll get tapped out!!!
Zekeil
1/6/09 11:15:45AM

Posted by RandyCouture

This is going to be a great card. I think Liddell vs Jardine 2 will be the main card.
Hazelett vs Saunders could give Maynard vs Miller a run for FOTN.
Huerta vs ??? Edgar or Griffin would round out the card nicely.(probably dreamin)
Either way it's going to be some good matchups.

I'm in Illinois, hopefully I can make it out there.
ncordless
1/6/09 9:06:55PM
I like this fight. Gray is a very tough wrestler, but if Miller gets top position it will be over.